02 Maxima Spark pug tube seals.

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
xerexabante
Car: 02 q45, 02 max se

Can anyone source out these seals? Oil is leaking from valve cover to spark plug ports getting my spark plugs drenched with oil.

Thank you in advance.

xerexabante

I think I found a fix. I update you guys.

I found tube seals for vq35de. I ordered a seal and valve cover gasket to takle the #2 cylinder tube seal issue. If this works there is hope for Vq35de motors not to buy a a valve cover from the dealer for this issue.

Wish me luck.

xablian
Car: 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE

I tried to find one but ended up replacing the valve cover 200+ dollars.

xerexabante

Well I did a 2 step fix. I was leaking in #2 so it was easy. I pulled valve cover and had some silicone on the tube seals. I kept looking at it for about a week, NO leak. Good to go.

Today I did a Spark plug change for all 6. I did a reseal for the tubes as well even if it was not leaking on the back(under plenum) valve cover just to be sure. Did the Plugs with a cooler temp plugs to eliminate the Ping I had.

All is well now no ping and no leaks. New Plugs, New Valve cover gaskets left and right bank, all 6 tube seals resealed

adamsusa
Car: Infiniti I35

I know it's been awhile since you did this (10 yrs...), but did the tube reseal work positively in the long haul? If yes, any info on the source would be appreciated. Valve Cover costs have shot up since 2009. Thx

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”