My R32

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Cjmartz2k
Car: Hunting for a '89 GTR now

I always wanted to wait to do one of these threads until I thought it looked good enough/had enough **** done to warrant posting it up in here. I've since come to the determination that I'll never get there, so I'll just post up what I got. Thanks to Stec for building most of this car and advising on the rest. O yeah, and for calling me a ***** and always telling me to put a bigger turbo on the car (he's still saying that :blink: ).

'92 R32 GTSt

Go fast ****RB25 (stock bottom end)RB25 5 speed w/OS Geiken undamppered tripple plate clutchHKS 264 in/ex cams with matching cam gearsTomei valve springsTomei headgasket (stock 9:1 compression)ARP HeadstudsRB26 oil pumpRB26 individual throttle bodies and surge tank using port matched adapter to RB25 head100mm intake piping80mm intercooler piping (ebay special)4'' (4 core?) intercooler (ebay special)Full exhaust with RSR catbackRB26 D-jetro Power FC with boost control kitStec top mount stainless manifoldTwin Stec 50mm wastegates heavily portedHolset HX40 turbo with 19cm ex housing :headbang:

Fuel Stuff2 walbro pumps out backAeromotive FPRTomei fuel rail-6 stainless fuel lines and fittingsZ32 fuel filter****ty *** no name 850cc-860cc injectors (free, so yeah)

Handling/stoppingCusco Zero coiloversSuper duper shiny JDM tight drift spec Mines strut tower bracesR33 front brakes with slotted rotors all aroundStainless braided brake linesCusco brake master cylinder stopperCusco 2 way diffWhiteline adjustable front castor armsAdjustable rear Upper Camber armsAdjustable rear toe arms Alloy Rear Subframe collars (pinapples)Tomei HICAS deleteStreet tires are BFG KDW (new tread) and I rotate through different drag radials a lot

Other stuff (sorry for actually listing some of this **** : )Oil cooler with thermo-switched e-fan Oil filter relocation kitRear mounted optima red top battery6000K HID'sC's short throwSecret Squirrel hidden shift light :D 10" SubIn dash DVDBallin' *** leather covered GTR seatsGreddy Type R BOVSweet *** custom fit leather shift and e-brake boots from Poland :headbang: Plug PlugMomo steering wheelHeavy weight Razo leather shift knob Blitz boost and ex temp gages 260kph speedoGTR Vacuum CanisterFlexilite e-fans w/Billion VFC2 core copper radiator 10'' sub80mm weld in ECV for da popo'sNismo clutch pedal bracket--installed on the side of the road after walking home the night before, as I'm sure most of them are <_<

This pretty much sums it up

Car is taken apart now, has a stock RB25 in it, and sold. I'm on my way back to the states, and the drivetrain is packed up into a few gorilla boxes, so hopefully it'll find it's way into something before not to much longer.
Modified by Cjmartz2k at 12:54 PM 9/21/2009

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

WOW! That is so clean! Are you kidding me about "not good enough" and "never get there". Dude..YOUR THERE!

Nissan2367

Holly hell I would kill for that car! It reminds me of when i went to Grand Caymen for vacation and saw R33 AND R32s everywhere... and even 1 R34! Thats a bad *** setup man i am pumped i just got my basicly stock RB25 running! Nice build man!

BoostFab
Car: S13cp, S13fb, S14z

big show off.... LOL.... nice ride bro! you're in the JDM land, abundant of these gtr, i'm jealous

WhatsADSM
Car: 1998 240sx

Looks great... very very clean especially for the age of the car.

Also I never realized the interiors of skylines were so nice!

Shocker
Car: 89 240sxHB rb26/30

your skyline is WICKED nice man. I LOVE it. You own my dream, just missing AWD and an rb30. The car looks of sex.

Neejay

"I've since come to the determination that I'll never get there"

You're joking, right? LOL Remember most of us live in the USA, so we don't see these everyday.

That is NICE. Is that stock interior?

RB24D
Car: 1996 rb25det 240

Sweet ride ! man I never realised how big a hx 40 looks next to the head . Mine should be here today or tomorrow. hx40 pro 6 blade billet 215 shipped.

USMCgetsome
Car: OWN S13.5 RB25DET/2003 G35

Sir now that is how a car is supposed to look. Gosh Damn! WORK OF ART! Videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansei240sx
Car: S13 - RB25 Circuit car
71 240z - street/track day car
AE86 - Daily Drizzle/track day car
Z31t - Paper weight/street car

Videos are up on street fire.

Search SkylinesSuck in users and he's got a few of them up, i've been watching them on and on for reference for about over half a year.

That is a bad *** setup and i envy you. I am visiting Mainland japan in august or so. Are you in Okinawa or mainland?

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

clean lookin car, whp?

Cjmartz2k

Thanks for all the kind words guys! To answer a few questions, I'm on Okinawa, and we don't have a working dyno on the island anymore, and no track, but I'm confident at least mid 500's or better hp. If I had to guess I'd say 550-580rwhp'ish. The seats and shifter/e-brake boot are not stock. Well, actaully the seats are leather GTR seats. I've never seen ones like them before or since I bought them.

All of those vids on streetfire are with my old holset hx35/40 or old TO4e, so I didn't want to put them up since it's faster now, but I guess you can get the point during my ricer fly-bye's

I'm going to start having to make plans soon for what I'm going to do in Sept when I get the big promotion to Mr. and go back to the states. I'm thinking about taking the drivtrain back and putting it in a S14, so I'll be getting advice from you guys soon on what parts to start gathering.

RB24, that's a smoking deal on that HX40. What size exhaust housing is it?

Thanks again for the words!

radix

Yar!! I find you again via completely random google search!

Evo + HX52 = you in the rear view!!! Slow car is SLOW

DeformityX
Car: 90 240sx w/ SR20, R32 front body conversion.

niccceeee. I think i'd kill my own mother for that car......oh wait shes already dead. Nvm =(

cdorhout
Car: RB30DET with VCT -- SOLD!!!!
Next project TBD

Very nice car!!

virus77
Car: 95 S14, 71 240z, 97 e320

damn i love r32's soooo much...

krayton

love it

did u get rid of the vvt? howd u do that on the cam gear?

rcrdps
Car: 240sx S14 with RB20DET Swapped by my brother Wulfgang

Why? Why? Why!@!@!?,.....can't we have those here in the states?! That car is sooooo classy.

I'd stay in Japan and keep the car.

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

i love it

noodl35

DeformityX wrote:niccceeee. I think i'd kill my own mother for that car......oh wait shes already dead. Nvm =(
uhh that's kinda creepy you said that lol

Kalypso

what wheels are those? are those stockers?

I love that you live in japan.

Cjmartz2k

Thanks for all the nice words guys

Nope, the wheels are aftermarket. They were the closest thing to Cobra Ype R wheels I could find.

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

I think your on the rite track. Remove everything you wanna take to the states and sell the shell. It must be awsome to live over there.

Cjmartz2k

Thanks--Japan has it's moments. Okinawa isn't like normal Japan though. It's kind of the Puerto Rico of Japan with a good measure of West Virginia thrown in I'm in the military though and they like to think they can play the roll of my mommy since I'm over seas. They are really cracking down on a lot on car stuff here (like undercover AF cops where we race and "random" car inspections coming through the gates) so this is probably a good time to make my exit. I'm really hoping to meet up with you NC guys when I get back and find a good group of RB guys that I can wrench/drive with. I don't know how long I'll be in NC after I get back, but I'm sure I'll have to get up with meet07 and sickness14. I've seen a few other NC guys on here, but I can't remember who off the top of my head.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get my parts back. I'm trying to get somebody over here to go in with me on a container (like $5k) to ship a bunch of stuff back, but no takers yet

Kalypso

- did you have to learn japanese? it sounds wonderful over there, i'd enjoy that. you weren't deployed? ... luck bastard.

- you could slice the shell in half? you can reweld and paint it once you get over here. its not so far fetched... my friends at LM24 and they've basically hacked a r33 just to put a cage in but I realized how easy it would be to section the chassis into pieces.. which they've practically done.

or just get a nice s13 hatch and go to work

- container prices are ridiculous... it'd be nice if you could split one with a buddy of yours.

Cjmartz2k

I didn't have to learn japanese. Most of the military don't bother, but I've have learned more than most. I've got a JDM girlfriend though, so that helps. I'm not conversational, but I can tell what people are talking about usually and can get my point across. I might sound like a 5 year old, but they understand. Now reading/writing, don't get me started on that.

I've priced shipping. It's not the sneaking it back thing, it's just money. A container is $5k and it only goes up from there. I'm getting out of the AF, so I'm not going to indebt myself right before I loose my job like that, even though I'll be making a s*** ton soon enough (fingers crossed).

I might do an S chassis swap, but I'll have to cut apart my manifold to do it, so I might just try and find a grey market GTSt and put everything in that. No worrying about wiring or anything there.

Kalypso

why would you have to cut the manifold? I sat there trying to figure it out.

EDIT: for hapless ranting
Modified by Kalypso123 at 2:24 PM 4/3/2009

Cjmartz2k

The manifold has twin wastegates and is designed for a RHD car. The steering column on a LHD car would have to go right through it.

I requested overseas and just randomly got Japan, but they really don't car what you request. You can email me about the rest of the stuff if you want.

s14_sport

ok so you say this is an RB25 block with RB25 head with RB26 intake and RB26 valve covers...

But, maybe my eyes decieve me....did you file down part of the RB26 raised emblem on the cam cover to make it say RB25, then paint over it?!?!?!

NICE!!!!

nelson8708
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Fastback
1994 Acura Integra LS

sexy car

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”