Review: E-Mance EPROM Tune chip and daughterboard.

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
S13xCrazy
Car: 1993 240sx Vert, 1993 BMW 325i, 1993 Honda CBR F2, 1998 Infiniti Q45,

Hey Guys,Some of you have heard of E-Mance (Eformance) , some of you have not. I have heard some people saying 'Don't ever get a e-bay tune', so I figured I'd post this up to show, this is not a stupid resistor or anything like that.

First off, they are a small tuning company based out of La Mesa, California. Yes, they are an actual tuning shop, not someone working out of their moms basement (well, at least to my knowledge, never been there!)

Jason is one of the main guys there, the one you will talk to if ordering or have any questions about their product.

Well, heres the breakdown so far!

For: 91-94 Nissan 240sx Daughterboard and tune chip. They will tune the chip to any specifications you have done! For example, my tune is setup for GT28 turbo, 370cc injectors, etc etc. Their chip on a STOCK 240sx produced an extra 11hp/7lbs of torque!

Customer Support: 10/10 Amazing! Jason offers amazing support and can answer almost any question you have for him about his products. Usually you can expect an hour within 24 hours (although it was much faster)

Price: Never seen better. The price for a daughterboard and tune chip is only 125$ shipped! Compared to many other company's, this can be near half the price!

Shipping/Packaging: USPS First Class Mail is free with the purchase of the daughterboard/tune. The packaging? Very simple and very effective. A nice envelope with bubble wrap on the inside.

Shipping time: Well, I live in Wisconsin, and E-Mance is based in California. I payed for the chip on August 26th, and received the chip on August 30th. Not bad eh?

Installation Instructions: Yup, tells you exactly how to do it! I do recommend having a TV Repair shop do it though!

Actual pictures:

Packaging and chip in anti-static wrapDaughterboard and tune chips

Hows it work? Well, I will update this as soon as I get it installed after the holiday!

sip
Car: Impreza STi GC8
RX7 twin turbo
1974 Mazda RX4 3 rotor
2014 Forester XT (Baby Hauler)
www.drluc.ca

S13xCrazy wrote:Hey Guys,Some of you have heard of E-Mance (Eformance) , some of you have not. I have heard some people saying 'Don't ever get a e-bay tune', so I figured I'd post this up to show, this is not a stupid resistor or anything like that.

First off, they are a small tuning company based out of La Mesa, California. Yes, they are an actual tuning shop, not someone working out of their moms basement (well, at least to my knowledge, never been there!)

Jason is one of the main guys there, the one you will talk to if ordering or have any questions about their product.

Well, heres the breakdown so far!

For: 91-94 Nissan 240sx Daughterboard and tune chip. They will tune the chip to any specifications you have done! For example, my tune is setup for GT28 turbo, 370cc injectors, etc etc. Their chip on a STOCK 240sx produced an extra 11hp/7lbs of torque!

Customer Support: 10/10 Amazing! Jason offers amazing support and can answer almost any question you have for him about his products. Usually you can expect an hour within 24 hours (although it was much faster)

Price: Never seen better. The price for a daughterboard and tune chip is only 125$ shipped! Compared to many other company's, this can be near half the price!

Shipping/Packaging: USPS First Class Mail is free with the purchase of the daughterboard/tune. The packaging? Very simple and very effective. A nice envelope with bubble wrap on the inside.

Shipping time: Well, I live in Wisconsin, and E-Mance is based in California. I payed for the chip on August 26th, and received the chip on August 30th. Not bad eh?

Installation Instructions: Yup, tells you exactly how to do it! I do recommend having a TV Repair shop do it though!

Actual pictures:

Packaging and chip in anti-static wrapDaughterboard and tune chips

Hows it work? Well, I will update this as soon as I get it installed after the holiday!
Sounds almost too good to be true. I think we need some more info on what exactly this 'tune' consists of (parameters)?

Are you in any way affiliated with this organization?

S13xCrazy

sip wrote:
Sounds almost too good to be true. I think we need some more info on what exactly this 'tune' consists of (parameters)?

Are you in any way affiliated with this organization?
Well, although I do rock the E-Mance signature, It is only because I want to get his name out.

Affiliated? Well, in NO WAY am I on the payroll. I simply gave him a hand with some web stuff, and in turn i got a knockoff on the price of the tune/chip.

I originally contacted him about 2 weeks ago and asked him a few questions about his chip.

After getting very confident answers to anything i had to ask, I was VERY impressed.

I noticed he had very poor graphics done, and I simply offered a small trade with him.

He has sold many chips to members on Z*Ilvia (i wont post a link, but you can search for E-Mance and zilvia and you should get results)

Basically, i read a threw threads where people were bashing on the ebay tunes, and i decided to persue this as i had read nothing but POSITIVE things on Jason and E-Mance. The bad things were all resolved in a professional matter, as he backs his product 100%.

Parameters? What exactly would you like to know for this? He can tune for SR20s, CA18s, RBs, KAs, along with others. Everything is done to your specs.

B-Boy DuB-L
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx

i cant wait for a review. if its great i will definately pick this up and save alot of money

H8tred

That's what I like about my Civic, I can get Turbo Edit, and use my stock ecu to run any Honda engine I want. Better still is that the software is freeware. You have to buy a burner, but that's nothing in comparison to buying the board, having to send it in to get re-tuned and all that. Last time I checked, they were getting close to a reliable tune on the fly function... They also have it so you can run two chips so you can switch between two tunes.

Either way, I'm very interested in your review. Can't wait to see what you think about it. Are you doing any dyno runs, or going by the butt dyno?

S13xCrazy

I'm gonna try to find a shop around here that i can go dyno at so i can get some numbers for everyone.

I can provide dyno sheets already for the stock setup if you guys would like.

Also, i can also provide dyno sheets on Jasons KA-T himself, running on 18PSI.

H8tred

We all love dyno sheets lol, post what you got. If you need a free quick host, check out Tinypic.com.

Afliction523
Car: 92 S13 KA-T Coupe

I have that tune. Customer Support 10/10Shipping 10/10Price 10/10

I purchased one already to go plug and play. My only issue was that the daughterboard needed to be better secured after it was seated. I used some hot glue to keep it held in. The tune seems great. I have not dynoed it but my car runs great after 2500 miles on the ka-t. I know you cant go off a narrowband, but everything seems normal. Jason deals a good product.

S13xCrazy

stock runs, ill get his dyno up asap also.

driftin_sr20det
Car: 92 Coupe

I'm a fan of eprom tuning. I didn't have a good experience with e~mance, though. I bought an ecu off them for my SR and it was bunk. I think they gave me an ecu for a sr20de and chipped it. Which means it wouldn't work on a det, all it did was crank and flood (740's). Long story short it just didn't work and they wouldn't even check it out for me. All they would do is send me a new header to put in my existing ecu to transplant the daughter board. Which made me think maybe they already knew. I have since learned to burn eproms and made my own. While I was at it I checked the original eprom and it was burned properly but I found the same .bin file online, to the T with no changes. Might as well do your own and be able to make changes to your setup anytime. Rom editor is easy to use and all the basic .bin files and software are available for free.

driftin_sr20det

OH by the way I'm glad other people had good experiences, just tossing up my experience for you guys.

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

I'd be willing to give it a shot. As long as it's no more than the 125$.

And is there any guarantee? Like, will he throw you more chips for cheap with another tune if you change anything around in the future? (bigger turbo, etc.)

I'm tired of trying to control 740cc injectors with an SAFC.....don't ask.

*EDIT* I didn't find any information on the site. I know you said you are working on it, though. Is there any way we can get in touch and get some more information? I'd be looking at getting a board and a tune here in the next week or so.

S13xCrazy

Yes! He is always willing to re-tune the chips for about 50$

You can get in contact with him through [email protected]

Just ask him any questions you need. Tell him you want the daughterboard and tune combo.
Modified by S13xCrazy at 10:55 AM 9/5/2007

180sxfaktory
Car: 1989 RS13 180SX 1991 RMS13 240SX 1992 RS13 200SX

I tried one of his chips for a CA last year, and it didn't work. I gave Jason all of my parameters, such as injector size, turbo spec, downpipe, FMIC, R32 GTR fuel pump, cam sizes, etc. I bought it basically to see what it was all about, and since I already have a worked CA ECU, I took out the chip and put the rom'ed chip from Paddy Garage back in.

Anyway, not a smear, as I am sure other people may have had better luck.

S13xCrazy

Honestly, i havn't heard much of his ca18 tunes, sr tunes, etc. so i couldn't speak for those.

I KNOW his KA tunes are good.

eazye2000

Some more food for thought.

I got an e-mail back from him today. And he said the price of the tunes have went up a little bit more than the quoted 125$ here in the thread...

BUT, he said he would honor the price that S13xCrazy had stated, at 125$.

Looks like the guys willing to work with people. I'll give it a shot. I know I've spent more than this on crap from eBay that didn't work and just threw it away, so I'm game..

eazye2000

S13xCrazy wrote:Yes! He is always willing to re-tune the chips free of cost.
Something I wanted to add.. He put this in his PayPal invoice that I received today..
Eformance LLC ([email protected]) wrote:this is the tune we talked about, when you upgrade to t3/t4 let me know! i will retune for only $50! man you're going to have fast spoolup with that turbo
I'm going to ask him about this and see what he says. You may want to get with him and straighten out all the 'details' on what he will or wont do.

Afliction523

I was always told 50 for a retune. I thought I had a issue with mine and he offered to do antother tune for free because of it, but it turned out it was just that my z32 mafs was to close to the turbo.

autox615
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

can someone post his email or a way of contacting him please? I searched e-mance, and eformance on ebay with no results.

S13xCrazy

I apologize. I must have been thinking of something else. Yes, it is 50$ for a retune.

My bad guys.
Afliction523 wrote:I was always told 50 for a retune. I thought I had a issue with mine and he offered to do antother tune for free because of it, but it turned out it was just that my z32 mafs was to close to the turbo.
i was thinking of this ^^ free retune if something is wrong.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

has anyone had any good experiences w/ an sr blacktop chip from him. it sounds really good for a ka but i wanna know what he can do for the sr

Afliction523

autox615 wrote:can someone post his email or a way of contacting him please? I searched e-mance, and eformance on ebay with no results.
My email is not working for some reason so I cant pull it up. Use this link and hit the contact seller icon. You can get a hold of him trough there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

eazye2000

Yep, got another e-mail from him. It is a free re-tune if something is wrong when you first get everything. It's 50$ for a tune if you change something.

I'm still gonna give this a shot I think. I got his invoice from PayPal already. I'm just waiting to make sure my clutch gets warrantied before I spend another bill-plus...

Good looking out guys, this may just work!

driftin_sr20det

White Comet wrote:has anyone had any good experiences w/ an sr blacktop chip from him. it sounds really good for a ka but i wanna know what he can do for the sr
A tune will definately help whether its a stock or modded (I don't know about their's). There are alot of HP's to be free'd up though. But, if you have a J4 ecu you won't be able to tune it. The board doesn't accept a header for a daughterboard to be put on. 62,63,e4,e5, and maybe j2 can be chipped.

White Comet

aww right u are, i completely forgot about that, thanks

Toadstool
Car: blown up, 240's

Eric lmk how this goes...i

hungryjoseph
Car: s13 with rb25 and s13 with s14sr20

i want to see this on a bolt on sr with some dyno runs

eazye2000

Toadstool wrote:Eric lmk how this goes...i
Will-do brother! I'm just waiting for my effin' clutch to get warrantied!! If not, I'm looking at getting another clutch... What can you do for me?? It's a KA-DE motor, mind you..

drape123
Car: J30 94, REAL CAI W/POPCHARGER, ECU-Reflash. (the DD) - 95 S14 KA-T Fully built gt35r@28psi when i ge

White Comet wrote:has anyone had any good experiences w/ an sr blacktop chip from him. it sounds really good for a ka but i wanna know what he can do for the sr
Hey buddy, there is a fairly large write up on z ilvia about my tunes, ka/rb/sr20/vg30

here are some posts about sr in particular.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpo...t=104h ... po...t=175

White Comet

thanks for the info but can u make it work on a blacktop ecu?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”