Old member, New Vert.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
whoflungpoo
Car: 2006 Infinity G35 Sedan
2003 Evolution VIII

Hi guys, Long time member, haven't posted in a while.

anyways, I picked up a 93 vert last weekend in dallas. Long story short, wife found the car on cars.com, and I told her to take care of the deal since it was her car. Big mistake. The seller lied about the condition of the car, then tried to welch out on me when I tried to pin down the details on picking it up. I found out Chris Riggs lived down there and got him to go nab it (big thanks to Chris) and well... I have quite a project on my hands.

I drove it back from Dallas and after 12 hrs and 13 bottles of tranny fluid, finally made it back to Murray, KY.

Hopefully these pics work:

Here's the car:

Body is pretty straight.

Rear window DEFINITELY needs some help.

Hooray for water in the trunk. I thought it was the spoiler, but no leakage there, none from the taillights either. Ended up that some idiot shut a screwdriver or something in the trunk and it bent the lip under the weatherstripping. bent it back up and no more water. just need to clean it up some.

btw, Eff the old trunk struts:

Hooray for new one's from Rock Auto:

well the top didn't power up or down either, and I think I found the leak. I ended up patching the line, but it's still not powering up. The pump runs, I tried bleeding the air, but I think the pump is gummed up. I'll chronicle that rebuild when I get to it.

So, I also couldn't get into the drivers door, as the linkage was broken. took it apart and found how safe this car is, hooray for broken seatbelts.

I ended up ripping them off and starting on my coupe door conversion. The post and extra crap will be off sometime this week. btw, I fixed the linkage. old busted:

New Hotness:

I'll also be having to ghetto rig the ford clips onto the driver's rear window. Those will be in on tuesday

Yay for cracked dashes:

That about does it for the visible stuff. I've got a power steering leak to patch up, and the tranny is basically stuck in one gear, so I was cruising @ 70mph @ 4k rpm. No matter, I'm picking up a donor coupe, ganking the tranny and most of the interior and doing a manual conversion. Wife isn't too happy, but I think she'll be okay with the manual eventually. If not she'll get over it

btw, this is my baby

edit: Fixed the pic sizes.

Modified by whoflungpoo at 8:29 AM 8/6/2007
Modified by whoflungpoo at 8:31 AM 8/6/2007

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

nice vert! Condition needs to be fixed but hopefully you get the condition fixed

znelson
Car: 1992 240SX

Body's straight.. needs some big interior work.. but you've got a donor car for that

USDM240
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Limited Edition 'vert

looks clean for what it is. enjoy the project.

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm glad you made it home without any big incidents.

Nice S14, btw.

jamesblonde82
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx convertible RIP 5/10/07 1993 Nissan 240sx convertible

[QUOTE=whoflungpoo]I'll also be having to ghetto rig the ford clips onto the driver's rear window. Those will be in on tuesday

My driver's read window is broken too, the thingies that are attached to the metal piece on the window itself, that hold it in place while you roll it up/down is what's all broken. course they arent made anymore, is that what you are referring to as ghetto rigging with ford clips?

whoflungpoo
2003 Evolution VIII

jamesblonde82 wrote:
My driver's read window is broken too, the thingies that are attached to the metal piece on the window itself, that hold it in place while you roll it up/down is what's all broken. course they arent made anymore, is that what you are referring to as ghetto rigging with ford clips?
This thread explains it:

zerothread/189729

oh, and thanks for the props guys, I may end up selling my S14 to get another vert... not sure yet though.

whoflungpoo
2003 Evolution VIII

well, here's a bit of an update...

I bought a donor car, but ended up with an offer on it I couldn't refuse from a buddy of mine...

soooo, I've sourced a wrecked hatch with a redtop in it that will be the heart of this vert now

I've stripped the interior, started cutting off the pillars/ extra door crap, front bumper is off in anticipation of the FMIC, and have pulled the ol' KA out.

pics from the pull:

All my children:

Holy crap, I will never pull a motor without a load leveler again. This made a WORLD of difference versus pulling without it. Hopefully I won't have to surf the new one in.

Helloooooooo wheel gap

and my filthy bay. I'm sure the rock hard valve cover gasket and copious tranny fluid leaks had NOTHING to do with that.

so I'm gonna pressure wash all of that out, move the battery to the trunk, cut the brake pedal, drill the master cyl hole and prep it for the SR :D

more updates as they come.

madcowvert

Looking good man cant wait to see this car done...

BiXLL
Car: ****VERTS**** Black 93--Red 92--White 93

I envy you for having the time to take on a project like this. My all work no play life style is going to have to change, I am seeing this now. Good luck, and enjoy the project!

BOOMSHAKALAKA

madcowvert wrote:Looking good man cant wait to see this car done...

whoflungpoo
2003 Evolution VIII

BiXLL wrote:I envy you for having the time to take on a project like this. My all work no play life style is going to have to change, I am seeing this now. Good luck, and enjoy the project!
heh, well, I'm kinda in a hurry to at least get it running, seeing as I'm trying to relocate to pensacola in the next few months hopefully... so, the progress will probably have to taper off and I'll have to concentrate on getting the house ready to sell. (and I probably should do some schoolwork too)

oh well, at least I'll have a garage to work in when I move.(and hopefully more money to play with as well)

whoflungpoo
2003 Evolution VIII

bit of an update... I've gone though a couple of cars as you can see (sorry about the low light)

I had bought a donor coupe for cheap that had a decent interior, but ended up getting an offer on it from a guy that I couldn't refuse

Soooo I picked up a minorly (suspension and front bumper) wrecked hatchback with a CLEAN interior and a surpise under the hood

It's all going in the vert. I've scrubbed the vert motor bay, already mounted the clutch pedal and hydraulics and just need to toss that beeotch in there along with the power steering replacement stuff.

I'm heading back out there now to see if I can't get this thing out. I'll get some more pics along the way.

Modified by whoflungpoo at 9:42 PM 10/1/2007
Modified by whoflungpoo at 9:42 PM 10/1/2007

AZ240SXSR
Car: 93 Nissan 240SX Convertible

Nice.I just got my Tein coilovers and wheels on my vert and im starting the teardown after i sell my fastback.looks really clean.Im also doin an SR20DET

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

your commentary is funny.

sweet score with the ess-arrgh! (spontaneous pirate). keep us updated and good luck with the rest of the project. i'll be watching.

whoflungpoo
2003 Evolution VIII

hokay... little bit more.. school/work/wife is kicking my *** and making my progress slow

anyways, moar pics (some repeats for comparison):

Old dirty:

New cleanliness:

Still dirty (well, more of a random crap depository)

Door pillar is coming along, I mainly work on it when I get pissed and feel the need to hack on something:

SR is up, it's out, it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! btw, I only pull motors in flip flops.