Fuel Injector installation(KA24de) Pictures

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
vancouverbc
Car: 1991 240sx

Decided to write this up as it was so effortless.

1. Unscrew your gas cap to relieve fuel pressure.

2. unfasten two philip head screws for each injector. you may need wd40 and impact screw driver if screws corroded.(you may want to unfasten 2 10mm bolts that hold the electical bar, first)

3. push in on fastener and pull off electrical connection at each injector.

4. take a very large(larger the better) flat head screw driver and twist screw driver to pop off fuel injector. cover point of srewdriver with cloth to minimize damage.DO NOT USE A VICE GRIP. something like a chisel might work better than large screw driver. See picture to see where to place screwdriver head . You may get better leverage twisting injector so it is aligned with screw. Maybe use small piece of wood as fulcrum or the actual screw.

5.be sure to coat the new injector o-rings with vaseline.

6. place new injector in hole. place the point of large screwdriver on the injector top(on safe place) , gripping the screw driver lean in with your weight and give a push. the injector will pop in. Or use a 10mm socket attached to nut drive.

7. if only replacing o-rings, clean injector tail piece before putting injector back.

I bought my new injectors(4) from http://www.Deatschwerks.com for a total of $207 U.S. shipped to Canada taxes included. You get a $50 core credit if you return old injectors so injectors cost about $35each. Dealer wanted $1000. They give you new o-rings and grease free.

part no.: 270cc

list of injectors:

zerothread?id=109492

Modified by vancouverbc at 3:13 PM 7/12/2009

vancouverbc

injector out

Modified by vancouverbc at 3:22 PM 7/12/2009
Modified by vancouverbc at 3:24 PM 7/12/2009

vancouverbc

FOund a ground close to the injector closest to front of engine. It was very corroded so I cleaned it.

vancouverbc

10 percent discount no longer available. they give free shipping instead. say you are nico member. also, if you damage the old fuel injector you wont get the core money back. Their site explains the procedure for shipping old injectors back for core money back.

Axel Grungy
Car: 2001 G20 5spd

my injectors were a BEEEITCH to get out, not nice and easy like you explained.

vancouverbc

Axel Grungy wrote:my injectors were a BEEEITCH to get out, not nice and easy like you explained.
If you use a large(very large) screw driver, they easily pop out. a large screw driver gives you lots of leverage(long handle) and the large head has more area in contact with injector.
Modified by vancouverbc at 7:42 PM 9/9/2006

Axel Grungy

yeah i know i did it just like you did, but mine just did not want to come out at all. my car was a slut.

rsmithdrift
Car: 1993 240sx fastback se.

Ugh....So, I got my new injector and went to take out the old one.....I got out the phillips head thinking this was a mistake by Nissan to use a phillips head screw with such pressue......the top screw was tight but poped and came loose, Unfortunately the lower screw just seemed to turn to hot butter and completely rounded itself off with me only applying about 5 pounds of pressure on it. :angry7

How the **** do I get that god damn son of a ***** off of there now?? I'm so ****ing pissed I can't even think straighthsaftawofhaiop dghasiopdvgo awdjlczlse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axel Grungy

if your talking about the metal cap dealys on top of the injector, i guess its time to drill and tap it. pretty much the only way.

S0lid_Snake
Car: shopping for a car

i realize this is an old thread, but im gonna post this in case someone searches with the same problem, is you strip the head off a screw, use an ez out first to see if you can get that sucker out if that doesnt work, then next time try an impact screw driver all you have to do is hold it and give it a smack with a hammer and it spins and looses the stuborn suckers

SpuGen
Car: 1992 240sx SE

Sorta off-topic with the thread, but are there any other grounds for the injectors? The dealership told me that my injector grounds are whack and that it's shorting out the #2 injector. The same injector they replaced 2 months ago.

any pic of the general area for the ground other than just a closeup? thanks!btw, I'm in Vancouver and it'd be awesome if someone could help me figure this out.

vancouverbc

The red wire is postive so the other wire is ground.

Soravia
Car: 2003 Audi A4 1.8T

Liquid-Wench is a necessity to pop the injectors from their holes.

I don't have an impact screw driver or a hammer. I used an electric drill and broke the magnic screw tip at the last one.I resorted to cutting the washer out with a tiny saw.

CrypticScorpio
Car: 1992 240sx SE Hatch

nice write up man. if this dosent work to fix my buzzing EGi relay, prepare to see another 92 coupe FS

ppctx
Car: 93 ka24de-t

No need to read me. think I found my answer. zerothread?id=265570
Modified by ppctx at 7:44 PM 7/18/2007

nisssan-drive
Car: 1993 240sx

Damn 200 bucks for all four injectors... I paid 150 bucks for a single injector this ***** better last me my whole life!

alkemyst

S0lid_Snake wrote:i realize this is an old thread, but im gonna post this in case someone searches with the same problem, is you strip the head off a screw, use an ez out first to see if you can get that sucker out

if that doesnt work, then next time try an impact screw driver

<image of impact screwdriver cut>

all you have to do is hold it and give it a smack with a hammer and it spins and looses the stuborn suckers
I had a very clean and non-corroded rail, I still used this tool. It's a great tool for anyone to own...the modern version is the impact gun.

You don't need to pound the hell out it it (I used a rubber mallet). Also give a practice whack on a screw in some wood to make sure you are loosening.

I was looking at a $5 one at harbor freight, but the $20 one at an Advance Auto Parts was much nicer and should last a lifetime.

Outside of that, I just used a wide long screwdriver and was I pryed sort of rotated the injector while pulling. Easy. Removing the vacuum block (just unbolt it and fold it away) between the back two injectors make the job easier back there.

Also I don't trust the fuel cap method to relieve pressure. Pull the 15amp fuel pump fuse, start the car...run it until it stalls and then give it another crank. Pressure *SHOULD* be out, but like any pressurized system, esp. one you are troubleshooting *EXPECT* pressure to be found.

Busy day for me, did my injectors and compress/dryer/expansion valve in my wife's day.

beer time now.

Sam French

Hello I have a 91 I am replacing a injector on. I have a few questions. I went to advance auto and the replacement looks just like the new injector in the right in your picture. I told them that won't work in the car. I think the manufacturer is Berkley. I was just curious as how the new and the old injector in your pic are so different and yet still work in the same car?

TannerLDR
Car: 92 Vert

I recently did this and only replaced the o-rings. (Sorry to thread-jack!!) Everything went back together smoothly except when i forgot to plug in the electrical plug for both #1 and #2.... I preceded to crank without them connected (didnt know they were disconnected). The engine cranked twice, and made a horrible noise and stopped. Now when it cranks, it sounds like its out of time and will not start.

What happened to my engine?? Ka24de

Ken Park
Car: 1991 240SX

The pressure is not as much as people think. Just wear safety glasses to be safe and open the system up. Its not a diesel. As for the injectors, getting them out is a *****, especially if they have been in there for a long time. Got to be very careful of how you install them. I use motor oil on my o rings and have spare lower one handy. You will almost never tear an upper, but the lowers are very easy to tear. Just a straight push inward until you feel them pop in place, do not twist. For the injector cap screws I always replace them with hex head allen bolts. I can't remember the size right off the top of my head, but you can get them at any hardware store in metric.

ChampaignSilviaS14
Car: S14

When I started taking Injectors out it was a *****, but since I have done it a lot now in the shop it is extremely easy.

Vice grips are also fine to use, the square on the top of the injector is made for it, and should hold.

Twist, pop. And when installing it is much easier to get them in if you place the butt of a screwdriver on it and tap it with a hammer. Should pop in easy.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”