What's in the Box - Part 2

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

So, the last time I did one of these threads, I had some helpers. So, this time I opened stuff out it the driveway and garage.

Looks like Christmas in July, and it’s only June!

Box number one

Box number two

They’re as pretty and beefy in person as they look in the pics.

I love the (unintentional) framing of the tip of the Piloti shoe through the centre of the rotor, too bad they’re out of business – I might just have a solemn ceremony when I can’t wear these anymore.

Pic of the TSP stripes

I can’t imagine I’ll ever get them hot enough to trigger the colour change though. Sorry for the focus, it looked fine when I took it…I’d had a couple (or four?) mojitos I think. Image

Stay tuned!

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

Looking good! Subscribed. Next time take pics before you start kicking the drinks back haha.

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I posted up some install pics in the What Did You Do to Your Z This Weekend thread, but here's my post so you don't have to go thread hopping...
BusyBadger wrote:Using goodies from my What's in the Box - Part 2 thread.

Well, not really the weekend by the actual days of the week, but the weekend based on my days and when it was done. :)

Off with the old...

...and on with the new...

Here are the stock rotors off the hub, check the outer lip and see how much thickness has been worn down in the area swept by the pads. I didn't measure it but I'm betting it's between a sixteenth and an eighth of an inch.

Also, need new tires, this is one of the fronts with the inner edge all worn down...

Extra helping hands!

Toe is out of whack, especially the front...explains the tires. But I'm working on that. :)

300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

Loving the new rotors!

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Yummy road devouring tires!

Been sitting in my garage for over a year now,
maybe I'll use them when I switch tires & wheels!

I even let Jegs get in on the action. I'm so happy that Redline now makes 75w85,
now I don't have to play mad scientist and mix two bottles of MT90 and two of MT80 to get the right viscosity.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

BusyBadger wrote:

:eek:

After 5 years I finally fixed my tire feather problem. I barfed out the cash and got the spc front camber kit plus new tires. I'm experiencing so much tire quietness its almost quite hilarious. :crazy:

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

dasoupdude wrote:
BusyBadger wrote:

:eek:
Yeah...he didn't even budge when I put the watch down next to him (to give him some scale), just kinda flexed and gave me a don't screw with me pose.

And those new Bridgestone S-04 tires...they grip the road like a paparazzi snapping a pic of Kanye holds his camera. I did an impromptu wet weather "test" thanks to all the rain we've had (and are still having), there are a few spots on my commute that frequently have standing water on them. It took me driving 70 MPH through one of them for it to disrupt the car, on roads that are merely wet they're amazing. I was going to go with the Bridgestone RE760 because of the higher treadwear (340 vs the S-04's 280), but Tire Rack was having a sale on the S-04. If you're looking to get something that lasts longer than those RE-11s that you run check out the S-04.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”