SWAP YOUR CUBE OEM STEREO

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

i finally did my stereo swap today and thought i should do a quik DIY, i have to mention i wouldnt be able to do it without reading smac103 post so much thanks to smac103.

first i gotta start with this:if you are not used to change or swap stereos avoid some trouble and disconect the negative clamp on your battery, most sound shops will do it regardless of how much experience their installers have.

*once you are ready start removing the funky hooks under the ac controller, just lift them up and they come off*after that you will see two screws behind each side hook, unscrew them and remove the base for the hooks, they will come off very easy

*now gently pull the ac controller from the bottom part upwards and put it away

*after you done that follow up and remove the pair of screws rite under the stereo housing

*now you are ready to remove the whole stereo housing out, BEFORE that place a microfiber on top of your ac knobs and shifter because that is were you stereo housing is going to rest while you do the rest of your installation.

* now you have the oem stereo ready for removal, either a double din or single din with bracket will use the oem brackets

once you have done all this steps install the radio and stereo adaptor and install you new stereo, reverse all the steps mentioned before and you are done and ready to enjoy.

the rest of my pics are what could been the worse case scenario since i have a stereo with nav. bluetooth and ipod all around so i had to run wires all around, on top of the dash i install the nav. sensor and rite on top of the steering wheel housing i install the bluetooth microphone, the ipod conection was install rite next to the cup holders and for last the nav. and bluetooth controllers i hide them on top of the glove box, here are the rest of the pics.

*the radio plug adaptors from my xterra did work for the nissan cube, but the one for the versa will work too, i buy one just to be on the safe side but i didnt need it lol!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Nice!

On NICO you get a custom title for posting up a how-to. Shoot me an email and let me know what you wish your title to be.

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Thanks for posting up those instructions/pics!!! That will definately make my life much easier.

Did you take out the glove box as well? If you don't mind, can you provide info/pics on that as well?

Thanks007

damian666robin

no problem, i will post a pic later of the screws you have to remove to make the glove box pop off

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

If you have the built-in bluetooth, how difficult is it to merge with the new HU? I was looking at the DDX 514 b/c the 512 model is discontinued.

damian666robin

you can still find a ddx 512 on a sound shop im sure but if you get the ddx 514 is pretty much the same thing, the only diference is inside the box you will have the same nav. module that i buy separate

now to conect the blue tooth module i had to buy a KAB BUS/HU BUS cable to plug it behind your stereo it will work, you will need that one because the nav. module will use your original HU BUS, if you are doing the bluetooth module i will recomend you another thing and save you some fustrations, you will also need to buy the i-pod conector, because it doesnt come with it...... i know it can turn fustrating lol! but you will love it after works

TBrack
Car: none

Sweet I'm doing this tomorrow I hope.

damian666robin

miata007 wrote:Thanks for posting up those instructions/pics!!! That will definately make my life much easier.

Did you take out the glove box as well? If you don't mind, can you provide info/pics on that as well?

Thanks007
i never had a chance to post a pic of the glove box off the car so here it is, is the most easy to remove, there are 3 screws on the bottom and 6 screws rite were you open it after remove them all just pop it off.

i had to remove it one more time to run my remote and rca wires for my woofer amp.

lkptpete
Car: 2009 cube

Thanks for the how-to on the dash!Did you pull the A-pillars to install component tweeters in teh factory locations? If so, what type of clips hold the A-pillar panels on? Translation... What direction should I pull in order to remove them without damaging my brand new car? Also, before I begin... Any oddities to how the door panels are removed? Hidden screws? etc...

Thanks!!

damian666robin

lkptpete wrote:Thanks for the how-to on the dash!Did you pull the A-pillars to install component tweeters in teh factory locations? If so, what type of clips hold the A-pillar panels on? Translation... What direction should I pull in order to remove them without damaging my brand new car? Also, before I begin... Any oddities to how the door panels are removed? Hidden screws? etc...

Thanks!!
good you mention about the pillars, i was kinda surprised when i remove mine and found a empty spot instead of the tweeter i do have a component ready for install but i havnt done it yet a kicker component, altough i did remove the driver side pillar when i run a wire for the nav. get a hold of a small flat screwdriver and insert it bettwen your pillar and the rubber door molding and slowly pull enough just so you can see top of the pillar coming off from the headliner, once you see that pull with you hands the pillar outwards, once you heard the couple clips off pull the pillar upwards and that should be it.for the front door removal is the same procedure as the back oneremove the black triangle on top of the door panelremove the screw that holds the window/lock controller then remove the controller offafter that you are ready to pull the panel off, it is hold by pressure clips, once you remove the panel you may notice you left some clip on the door itself, if sojust take them off with some pliers and put them back on the door panel

let me know how it go, if you still feel like not doing it just hold on ,and i should be doing this thursday or friday, i was gona run the speakers to a amp. but i am more than happy with the way they sound conected to the kenwood stereo so i am just gona swap the front oem speaker for the kicker components but yeah it involes run a wire for the tweetter

smac103
Car: pearl white cube s

excellent post, damian, btw, i also added tweeters to the holes on the pillars (i used an old pair of fosgate tweeter separates i had laying around, and their crossovers, and just JB WELD'ed them onto the holes on the back of the covers. easy and drastic improvement on sound.if you think of a good place to hide some tweeters in the rear, let me know...

smac103

SAFETY ISSUE*, those little nylon straps you see under the pillar covers (i have been told) are related to or somehow activate the curtain air bags, so dont mess with them, and take care in removing the covers so as not to snag them. and also be careful removing any other pillar covers as there are air bags all over the place in this vehicle!not the first time the air bag system has caused me concern in my install

damian666robin

smac103 wrote:excellent post, damian, btw, i also added tweeters to the holes on the pillars (i used an old pair of fosgate tweeter separates i had laying around, and their crossovers, and just JB WELD'ed them onto the holes on the back of the covers. easy and drastic improvement on sound.if you think of a good place to hide some tweeters in the rear, let me know...
thanks man! il have some glue ready for when i do the installation, i seen those curtain air bags before on my wifes mazda 3, i used to stare at them like a hurt cat winking to it lol! same with the cube they make me nervous

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Damian,I have a suggestion for you. How about putting in some LED under the dash and front seats. That's defintely on my to do list and is relatively expensive.

damian666robin

miata007 wrote:Damian,I have a suggestion for you. How about putting in some LED under the dash and front seats. That's defintely on my to do list and is relatively expensive.

yeah im planing to buy those later from ebay, i want the ones from nissan because half of the wiring system is already there, just like the cube word iluminated kick plates, when i was runing the wiring for my amp i saw a funny looking plug, later i saw it is there for when you buy this kick plates, same with the led,s

smac103

hey damian, i have been looking into the illuminated doorsill plates, and the multicolor accent illumination,and fog lamps... does it appear that the harnesses are there already for these options, or are they there only on certain trim packages?mine is an S package,... id like to add these options, i have seen them on ebay, and am not afraid of custom wiring, but am not in the mood of voiding warranties at this early point in the game. but if the harnesses and connectors are already there and a relatively straightforward install (no cutting or crimping, you know what i'm talking about) I'm game. even if it comes with an additional factory harness that requires install is cool. but i dont want to buy an OEM option on ebay only to find out that my trim package doesnt have a certain necessary harness built into it ...any ideas?

damian666robin

smac103 wrote:hey damian, i have been looking into the illuminated doorsill plates, and the multicolor accent illumination,and fog lamps... does it appear that the harnesses are there already for these options, or are they there only on certain trim packages?mine is an S package,... id like to add these options, i have seen them on ebay, and am not afraid of custom wiring, but am not in the mood of voiding warranties at this early point in the game. but if the harnesses and connectors are already there and a relatively straightforward install (no cutting or crimping, you know what i'm talking about) I'm game. even if it comes with an additional factory harness that requires install is cool. but i dont want to buy an OEM option on ebay only to find out that my trim package doesnt have a certain necessary harness built into it ...any ideas?
you will have them, my cube is an S model to, and for sure you wont void any warranties as long as you buy the products from nissan....well lets just say the nissan products will be installed much easier because there,s already pre hook ups and some wiring already, unlike a second brand you will have to do all the job from scratch! i think either led or neon lights are the last thing that are gonna void any kind of warranties on the cube, you know there are a lot of things i want for this car engine wise but seriously i dont buy all those law excempts and all that kinda of stuff on intakes and exhaust or just because a famous company makes a product is anti ticket......hell noa cop told me a while ago if is not oem is not legal! and that goes for any engine products so....is more like a take the risk law.....lol!

but anyways back on the lights buy them install them and show it to us here

ohhenrygsr
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Hey Damian just wondering where you hooked up the ground wire on the wiring harness inside the cube?

damian666robin

ohhenrygsr wrote:Hey Damian just wondering where you hooked up the ground wire on the wiring harness inside the cube?
email sent

ohhenrygsr
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Thanks very much Damian

Zero2Endless
Car: 2002 VW GTI 337 (Sold) 2009 Pearl White Cube 1.8S 6MT

Good reference on the pics. I would be scared to do that. I want to do that, if they have that factory navi option for the radio. That is when I will be calling on your assistance! Nothing rattles after putting it back together right?

damian666robin

Zero2Endless wrote:Good reference on the pics. I would be scared to do that. I want to do that, if they have that factory navi option for the radio. That is when I will be calling on your assistance! Nothing rattles after putting it back together right?
well!.... not reallyi gotta lift up my rear view mirror every 5 seconds, oh and also my roof bangs so hard it makes a funny crack noiseyeah... even my side mirrors rattle BOOM BOOM BOOM thanks to this puppies

dont worry man without woofers nothing will rattle around

BrooklynZoo
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube S

I thought my Cube came with Tweeters, but now I notice it did not... no wonder the stereo sounds like it's under water! Quality sounding music is a big must for me so... I NEED to add some. Is this hard to do? I've never installed this sort of thing before, but am willing to give it a shot if there's no chance the airbags will engage! You mention "popping" the tweeter covers off & installing tweeters right there. Is this easy to do? And what do I need to buy that will "plug in" to the already installed harnesses? Thanks for your help! I gotta suit this girlie UP!

I also have some external speakers I could throw in the back. Those I may have to connect to the wiring. Would this void the warranty?

Also, have any of you had any problems playing burnt cd's in the stereo that comes factory in the S model?

One more thing... I was thinking of having a remote starter installed. Has anyone done that? And what are the odds THAT would void the warranty?

Thanks again! So glad I found this group!!

damian666robin

here you go for more reference.......

ok for the twiteers you need to run your own wire because there is no pre run from factory...you can make a Y split from your speakers or if your speakers come with a crossover then that will do it...

there you go

all my speakers are run to my stereo and still pretty happy with the resultsmaybe just a bit of dynamat on the doors and i may feel a better diference but other than that is good

jremke
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube 1.8SL

I am going to install a Sirius Radio this weekend. Any ideas how I can run the antenna from the rear of the car to the front. Can you pop off the panels in the rear. I need help, please. Email me [email protected].

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

I am interested in buying your stock radio (the one with the little aux input jack in the front). Please send me a message!

chonston
Car: 2010 Cube Krom
2 Kicker 12" L5's in Kicker box
2 Kicker 10ZX1500.1 (1 to each 12")
1 Kicker zx650.4 to 2 MBQuart Sets
This is the stuff I have that should be put in in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hello there, first time poster. If there is a separate place for this post I apologize for taking up your time and space on your page. I am new to the Cube and I love it and want to make sure I am heading in the correct direction. Again, if this should be in a separate board please let me know, everyone here seems real cool to each so I thought I would give it a try. Also I hope the LIST comands I used work correctly.

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the 2010 Cube Krom?
I just got a 2010 Cube Krom and I am having some of the same issues. I don't want to remove the deck though because I got the fully upgraded system with USB/IPOD bluetooth and backup camera all go through the stereo (with Clarion Mids/Tweets) and the Fosgate Sub in the back. It is probably the best sounding stock system I have every heard but just not enough uuhhmm for me. So I purchased a few parts:
  • 1) Kicker ZXSUM8 to connect to all Factory speaker output and either give you separate LOC or LOC+SUM them altogether to give you one full range signal to run to amps.
    2) Kicker Built Speaker Box with 2 12" L5s
    3) 2 Kicker 10ZX1500.1 (each comes with a birth certificate - I guess they are running about 1850RMS each) Each amp will connect to each 12 to get the 2 OHM load needed to get the efficiency out of the amp(s)
    4) 1 Kicker ZX650.4 to run 2 MB Quart Component /Coaxial sets - they are modifiable which may be ok in the back but I want that front tweeter up high.
    5) 2 Sets of MB Quart PRI216 Component Sets
    6) 5000 Watt 0Gauge Amp install kit
So Basically with that ZXSUM8 I have to run a speaker wire to every current location to tap in to every speaker output wire from the receiver, configure it as LOC+SUM so it will add all of the signals together and then pass the signal out via RCAs to the AMPs then have new wires ran from the amps to each new speaker. It will be quite a laborous.

I am even trying to find an aftermarket 8" that will fit in the back where the fosgate is and I will use the front 2 channels in stereo on the 650.4 since it is capable of 2 ohm to run all four components then bridge the other output to run the 8 (about 300 watts I think)

At first I was going to just add the subs and run the MB Quarts off the stock deck so I pulled off the driver rear door skin to see how much work it is going to be to connect to all and it is was a Clarion speaker.

Here is what Nissan says about the model I have:
Audio
Premium AM/FM/CD audio system with 4.3" color display
Six upgraded speakers (four 6.5" speakers and two 1.5" tweeters)
Rockford Fosgate 8" subwoofer and amplifier
Radio Data System (RDS)
MP3/WMA CD playback capability
Auxiliary audio input jack [2]
USB connectivity (iPod®-compatible) [2]
Speed-sensitive volume control
Illuminated steering-wheel-mounted audio controls

What you can't see it is dodesnt look like your normal stock deck, it looks nothing like the one pictured above it's actuall pretty sweet. So the deck will power the ZXSUM which will feed the amps which will feed the new subs speakers.

My questions are:
  • 1) Are the any specific tools I need to get from Nissan to remove anything that I will need to remove? I think the 0Gauge and a lot of speaker wires will have to run down the center console so it and the back seats will probably have to come out temporarily. Has anyone remove the console, anything I need to be weary of?
    2) Does anyone know where to find any wiring pinouts, some day I will replace my deck with one that does the same things I just really hate to lose my rear view camera and steering wheels controls. I know there are some adapters but I have to take certains pieces at at time or I will never finish - Wife and money
    3) Any advice you can offer to a new Cube owner who absolutely loves it please do. I will use the info already posted if it applies
I was also thinking of contacting a few Junk yards to see if the had any Cubes and going down there to see if they have the 20-light package on it so I could put it back with my subs am amp rack and connect to main mood light switch so they would be in sync.

chonston
Car: 2010 Cube Krom
2 Kicker 12" L5's in Kicker box
2 Kicker 10ZX1500.1 (1 to each 12")
1 Kicker zx650.4 to 2 MBQuart Sets
This is the stuff I have that should be put in in the next 2-3 weeks.

RE : DAMIAN666ROBIN

How do those tweeters sounds in the rear arm rests? I can either do mine like coaxials or separate them and put it somewhere up higher hopefully - the higher the easier to hear them.

damian666robin

they sound good turned out to be a nice location not to low not to high, i throwed the xover inside the door panel since is kinda small

derekt42
Car: 2011 Nissan Cube

Can anyone give me or let me know the wiring diagram for a nissan cube please, it would be greatly appreciated

Return to “Cube Forum”