Some Bose Information

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Little info on the Bose system in the Rogue, with a link for more details below

The Bose® sound system for the Nissan Rogue One-tenth of a second is all it takes for Rogue's intuitive all-wheel drive to adjust to changing road conditions. And it takes just slightly longer to hear the difference Bose® premium sound makes in this new crossover vehicle from Nissan. Delivering a level of audio performance normally found only in higher-priced vehicles, the Bose sound system includes such innovations as an Nd® Richbass® woofer and a three-speaker design across the instrument panel—all part of a system designed specifically for the Rogue. So no matter what road conditions your Rogue takes you over, the power and emotion of your music will move you as much as the drive. The Bose sound system is optional in the Rogue.*

http://www.bose.com/controller...e.jsp

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

too bad, the link doesnt' work anymore

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Not a lot of info, but try this.

http://www.bose.com/controller...x.jsp

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

Ticmxman wrote:Not a lot of info, but try this.

http://www.bose.com/controller...x.jsp
LOL, it's from the Bose site, of course it's awesome.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

FYI- I just bought a BOSE(r) base system-less speakers and woofer)for the whopping total of FIVE dollars and 25 cents off ebay

This is not a misprint-- yes FIVE BUCKS.

Tells ya what people think of the Bose "system for the Rogue.

I filed a complaint with BOSE and mentioned how much this poor system is doing with dragging the BOSE name in the mud.

BOSE is sending my dealer a complete adjustment list and audio recommendations to get the system working(or so they say).We will see, and I will report the results.

Mostly my complaint was range of adjustment and audio separations along with getting that woofer to woof while buried with the spare tire! It sounds like bad muffler noise now.

I really need the resistance of the woofer and speakers and if I can actually get better ones.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Mr. Bose should be embarrassed. The Bose in the Rogue really does suck. We just got a Scion tC RS4.0 with a Pioneer system and it's head and shoulders above the Bose unit. Shame on you Amar for letting such a crappy unit even come into production!

mmbedman

I have a Lexus IS300 with premium sound which I find to be an excellent sound system.

The Rogue Bose system is more than adequate. You definitely get what you pay for.

mstrmstr

mmbedman wrote:I have a Lexus IS300 with premium sound which I find to be an excellent sound system.

The Rogue Bose system is more than adequate. You definitely get what you pay for.
I had the opportunity to give imput to BOSE engineers and they know the Rogue system falls short of their intentions. Biggest fault is no airhorn for the woofer.

As proof ADEQUATE is not a word BOSE likes to hear!!!

minitrucker

mstrmstr, what do you do for living? and why didnt u give more feed back to bose and tell em to get a new system upgrade. i mean it just making them look bad

mstrmstr

minitrucker wrote:mstrmstr, what do you do for living? and why didnt u give more feed back to bose and tell em to get a new system upgrade. i mean it just making them look bad
Bose IS sending my dealer (Ludington NISSAN here in NW Indiana) a service procedure to check the system. Have not seen it yet..

I hooked up with BOSE direct from their site and they answered within 24 hours.

I'm bitching about paying huge money for a system that had a good name and getting a average sound from the same radio that's sold without the Bose name stuck on it.

Employment-1. Orthopaedic Surgeon2. Union Sound Man for a weekend garage band. No expert by any means.

Sanders630
Car: 2009 Rougue SL AWD
Iridium Graphite

Any update...

has BOSE fixed the insufficiency of the system?

I had a '03 altima S with no fancy system and it sounded pretty close to how my BOSE sounds now... not that impressed with it.

roguehead

Yes, the Bose system in the rogue is a huge dissapointment. It's an overpriced system that sounds terrible, just like anything else they make.

Here's what I mean...

Bose, sells on concept. For example, their direct/reflecting home speaker system or the "wave" system, or any other of their fancy named systems. The problem is people buy into the concept, so Bose grossly overprices and uses the cheapest plastic garbage speakers in these systems.

Just take apart one of their home systems and look at the junk that's inside. And now, their So called car audio system is no better. It doesn't matter how many speakers you put in the Rogue or how you place them. If you use cheap plastic crap speakers, you're going to get bad sound. Bose does this with everything.

I wanted some of the things that were offered in the Premium Package and unfortunately, Bose was part of it. And I was really hoping that for one minute this system might just sound good but you know what, the factory system in my son's Hyundai Elantra blows away the Bose.

Anyway, for those deciding, don't buy into Bose. I've tried writing them, twice. And both times they sent me the same form letter.

cdmuile

I couldn't agree more.

jfowl75

I too, concur. Absolute crap. Highest possible upgrade, biggest possible disapointment. My friends 95 bmw bose - crisp highs, tight lows. what the hell happened? I'd even pay for any fix they could come up with.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

I'm contemplating getting the iPod adapter for my Rogue Bose HU. But the more I think about it, for just a little more than double the price, I could get a new Pioneer Navigation HU with really nice iPod controls integrated. I think that is the route I will go since the Bose HU sounds like crap. Why would they not give us even minmal EQ controls?

Sanders630
Iridium Graphite

I just sent them an email and complained. I think everyone on here needs to contact them. I wonder if that would do anything.

clev
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I considered the Bose upgrade for my '09, but thought the option was too high. I'm wondering if the speakers are the same for the Bose and the OEM? Also the bass and treble adjustments don't seem to have any effect on the sound; -5 to +5 sounds about the same.

Sanders630
Iridium Graphite

According to Edmunds though, we have best in class stereo upgrade.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vd...ber=4

NismoPhan
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue S AWD

I've been in car audio and audio industry for a long time, and for the real audio junkie a factory install system will never measure up to aftermarket upgrades. The biggest factor is everyone's own personal tastes. Bose gets to stay in business because the general public doesn't know any better. People just don't know what they're missing. Until you hear what truly tuned in audio components sound like, all you do is go with the media hype. As we used to say, "No highs, no lows... must be Bose". So for those of you thinking of about the Bose, go listen to a "meager" aftermarket system... even a new set of 4 good quality speakers with the stock stereo. Then compare the price difference. You'll be surprised.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Its all relative. In my previous cars, I always replaced the stock stereo and speakers. I am getting to old to worry about "Hi Fi" stereo in my car, where the environment is less than perfect. Yes at first I was a bit dissappoinetd about the sound, but I am used to it now and its OK for my needs. It still sounds better than some other OEM high end stereos

Paul

roguehead

NismoPhan wrote:I've been in car audio and audio industry for a long time, and for the real audio junkie a factory install system will never measure up to aftermarket upgrades. The biggest factor is everyone's own personal tastes. Bose gets to stay in business because the general public doesn't know any better. People just don't know what they're missing. Until you hear what truly tuned in audio components sound like, all you do is go with the media hype. As we used to say, "No highs, no lows... must be Bose". So for those of you thinking of about the Bose, go listen to a "meager" aftermarket system... even a new set of 4 good quality speakers with the stock stereo. Then compare the price difference. You'll be surprised.
Being in the car audio business, what would you recommend to replace the Bose system with, specifically the speakers.

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

The Bose system in the Rogue is far better then the Bose system that was in my RSX Type S. It was one of the first applications of the "amazing" spare tire woofer. I laugh everytime someone wants to put one of those in another Honda.

I took it back to the dealer several times since at speeds above 45 with the windows open and the sunroof open you basically could not hear it except for a few notes.

I agree Bose has let everyone down by letting their name to be stamped on a subpar factory radio. They will claim it is the location and aiming that makes the differance, not the power.

I did not do the Prem Package upgrade to get the Bose radio, it was a added benifit so I am not that upset about it. It may wear on me since my Rogue is only 1 week old.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

The Bose system is lacking in the Rogue. I've found that if you go with CD's or MP3 player it's not too bad, however Bose engineers must not have heard the final results of their research.

Ray

cdmuile

And how could that be?? Those engineers are paid to develop systems that represent the Bose name. FTL with the expensive Rogue application. The Pioneer system in my tC runs circles around the Bose in the Rogue.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

They didn't listen to it. (?)

Many people get paid to do a job, but they perform it poorly.

Ray

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

crayb wrote:They didn't listen to it. (?)

Many people get paid to do a job, but they perform it poorly.

Ray
If I had to guess I'd be more apt to believe it's a simply monetary issue (i.e. $$$ money)

Nissan... (in an attempt to promote and justify the additional cost of the Premium Package) wants to advertise their vehicle as including a high end sound system. So… they (Nissan and Bose) negotiate a cost (value)… so Nissan can put the Bose name on the radios in their Rogues… (or other models for that matter)

NET: In this instance (and many others) the Bose name was strictly a bottom line cost negotiation for the use of their name (trademark) rather than a bunch of Bose engineers working around a Rogue on an instrument filled sound stage in some high end laboratory, tweaking the system as to satisfy the discriminate ear of the audiophile.

An Unfortunate Fact:The majority of the consuming population are "Brand Name" driven. For example: They will pay $135 for a pair of jeans that might fall apart after three or four washings... but as long as the jeans carry some fancy designers name... they are completely happy.

In the older generation of folks buying the Rogue… there will be far more of them who will be impressed with the Bose brand name on the sound system, than there will be people who are disappointed with the sound quality it produces. And in the younger generation… they will be more of them impressed with the power the Bose system has to boom out the low end and rattle the windows that those that realize there is no high end and the overall sound is muddy.

NET: The "marketing" folks at both Nissan and Rogue realize this unfortunate fact and both of them benefit from it! Bose gets a royalty for letting Nissan put its name on their Premium Package radios and Nissan makes money off the people willing to pay for the Bose name on their sound system.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Elton, you are right on... as usual .

It is just a money matter as everything in our daily life now .

I always fine kinda funny people buying a sub 30.000$ car expecting an upper 100.000$ car audio system.

I heard Rolls Royce have great audio system in their cars (and you don't have any road noise either).

It is a car, not a special room you did in your house, you cannot expect the same audio quality.

But yes, I am bias as I never care about this kind of stuff. For me, a car is a mean from moving from A to B in the less expensive way.

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Pescakl1 wrote:It is a car, not a special room you did in your house, you cannot expect the same audio quality.
Though it doesn't mean you have to put up with crappy OEM audio either.

RO-G
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I've had my Rogue for almost 4 months now. Since then, I have encountered a problem with the Bose CD/Stereo system on two ocassions. After turning the ignition on and taking off, I noticed that there is no music coming out from all the speakers. What I do to correct the problem is turn off the engine and turn it back on again. These steps seems to work fine for now. I hope it doesn't happen too frequently or it doesn't get worse.

Is there anyone among the forum members who have experienced the same problem?

Thanks.

Return to “Rogue Forum”