plastic hood cover/deflector

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jrmas
Car: Nissan Rogue sl awd

Just got my Rogue and love it so far. Does anyone know where I can find a plastic hood cover/ deflector to protect the hood against rocks and debris. Nissan does not offer it and I cant find anyone on the net that does. Tried weather tech and other sites with negative results. I dont want to put on the big leather mask wich usually scratches the paint after prolonged use. My Nissan dealer offers a clear adhesive tape much like those use see on higher end cars like BMW, but I dont know if it will fade in the long run. I travel on highways majoruty of my commute and want to protect the hood. Any suggestions? thanks.

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

Does the dealer just not have them in stock When we got our Rouge we had the dealer install this piece before we picked it up.

Steve

philipa_240sx

Hood deflectors appear to be available at Nissan dealers in Canada but not at US dealerships. This appears to be a Nissan Canada only accessory produced by a mfg in Canada.

There is a similar thread in the Versa forum:

zerothread/297888

Assuming the process is the same, there are only 2 ways to get one of these deflectors:

1) Purchase directly from a Canadian Nissan dealer in person or with the assistance of a friend (perhaps one of our canadian forum members), have them purchase one for you and ship to the US.

2) Try to special order one from a US dealer. Assuming it's made by the same mfg: Focus Auto Design in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

philipa_240sx

I spoke to my local dealer, Greg Vann Nissan in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. They have hood deflectors for the Rogue in stock at $84.95 CDN. These are OEM accessories produced in Canada (by another mfg) for Nissan and are exclusively sold through Canadian Nissan dealers. The same part is not available at US dealers.

In a funny twist, they mentioned they have had several calls from Nissan dealers in the US who wish to import these parts for their customers!

jrmas

not offered by Nissan or the dealer

jrmas

Thanks for the info, I guess my best bet will be E_Bay or a Canadian Nissan dealer.

philipa_240sx

Maybe one of Canucks should start a group buy on these things...

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Count me in, Canucks. I'll buy. If we don't act fast the price in US$ will probably be $1000!!

Count me in, Canuks.

philipa_240sx

Hmmm... I will have to look into this further.

- Deflector cost with tax is about $100 USD- Shipping to the US via USPS will be between $30-50 USD depending on location.

Keeping in mind this is a Canadian made product so it may be subject to taxes and US customs duties once it crosses the US border. You would be responsible for that part.

Here is a photo of the hood deflector from member paulvanharte:

cdmuile

Philipa,I want the hood deflector. Keep me posted.

Venom_Rogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

How does the deflector attach to the hood?

Any pictures of the mounts?

philipa_240sx

Although i have not seen one in person, it likely attaches the same as the one on my Altima:

- The deflector is 'C-shaped' and curves under the hood where it's attached with 4 screws. It's a no-drill install as there are factory holes, just insert the supplied plastic plugs and install the screws.- The black screws you see on the edges are attached to plastic clips that wrap around the edges of the hood.- Self-adhesive clear urethane (or some sort of plastic) bumpers are installed at certain locations behind the deflector to prevent it from touching the hood at high speeds, winds, etc.

The install does not require any drilling or anything permanent. You can remove it and it's like it was never there.

Southpaw75

I would be in for one if a group buy materializes.

scott02x
Car: 2008 SL Indigo Blue

I did a search for Focus Auto Design authorized dealers and found one in Seattle called http://www.autofrills.com. I contacted them by phone because the webpage did not display the 2008 Rogue as a bug deflector they carried. They do carry the bug deflector for the Rogue. I placed an order for one. Cost is 75.95 plus shipping. Ph# 206-729-7599. They estimated delivery in 7 days.

philipa_240sx

Great find! Ordering from a US retailer is much cheaper than importing!

Venom_Rogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

cool keep us updated and take lots of pictures!!!

rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Scott, any update on the bug deflector?

scott02x
Car: 2008 SL Indigo Blue

I love it. It installed easily and I think it enhances the look of the Rogue. I will attempt to post some pictures in the couple of days.

josh1978
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Black on Black

Does anyone know the item number for the deflector for the Rogue? You would think that if they had it in stock they would list it, but they don't.

cdmuile

If I were you I would go to Ebay and buy it there. Mine came from Canada with very good instructions and a decent price. It takes a little twisting and adjusting to get it on right.......don't pay any attention to the mounting points aligning with the hood and don't tighten anything down until you've got the deflector where you want it. Good luck. Really not too hard a job.

philipa_240sx

josh1978 wrote:Does anyone know the item number for the deflector for the Rogue? You would think that if they had it in stock they would list it, but they don't.
Read my posts above. This an aftermarket accessory made by Focus Auto Design, not an OEM Nissan part. You won't find it listed as a Nissan part or have a Nissan part no.

There are 3 ways to buy this deflector:

- Buy from eBay. There are a few sellers from Canada who seem to be offering ones for sale.- Contact http://www.autofrills.com They import the deflector to the US.- If you live near the Canadian border or have freinds in Canada, it can be purchased from a Nissan dealer in Canada.

dalebrown
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

SWEET!

cdmuile

I got my Canadian made deflector some time ago. Really a nice, quality piece with good installation instructions( no fractured English in these instructions). Can't remember where I ordered it from.....maybe Ebay, but I was really surprised it was Canadian made. I have a photo in my gallery at the other Rogue forum.

clev
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Anyone know if the 2008 bug deflector will fit a 2009?

cdmuile

It should fit the 2009s, but be sure to check with the vendor before ordering. Sometimes they change the underhood stampings and make subtle changes in the headlight shape.

clev

A poster on RogueZ posted that the deflector caused a 'roar' in the cockpit. According to him, he removed the shield and the sound went away; installing again produced the roar. For some reason, I can't post a reply there, so I'm asking here. Has anyone, with a bug shield, had a problem with wind noise after installation.

A quick response would be appreciated, because I want to order it in time for it to ship today. Thanks.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Yep I had a distinct whistle coming from the deflector. I ended up using some weather proof weatherstripping and applied it to the edge of the hood underneath the deflector. This way any narrow gaps where air can go through were closed. Depending on how strong the wind I notice the whistle is still there on occassion. I did remove it because of the whistle, but after getting a few rock chips on the edge of the hood I ended up installing it again. I rather have some extra noise than a hood covered with rock chips !!

Paul

clev

Thank you, paul, for the prompt reply. One more question, please. Does the shield fit well enough so that it does not contact and 'rub' the hood while driving? I had to remove one from my van because it flexed in the middle and began rubbing a spot.

philipa_240sx

Paulvanharte would know for sure, but most of these deflectors come with clear vinyl 'bumpers' (looks like a 3/4" round 'bubble') that affix to several points on the hood to prevent contact. Don't worry, the bumpers have adhesive that is removable and will not damage the paint.

clev

Thanks again, phil. The one on my van also had those rubber bumpers, but they never would stick. That's been a few years, so maybe the adhesion is a little better now. I suppose I'll go ahead and order one tomorrow.

Return to “Rogue Forum”