performance mods??????

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
wilburfierce
Car: EX35awd

I have a 2010 EX35awd. Would like to look into possible performance mods:

Power:
Exhaust/muffler ( tone as well)?
Air intake

Handling:
sway bar?
18" wheels?
lowering?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone w/ experience re the above, and or sources for aftermarket mods.

Thanks!

jsk11ex
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey AWD

I would be interested as well, have a 2011 EX35 Journey AWD.

So far all I've found for certain that I've done was to go with 2 aFe Power 31-10196 MagnumFlow Pro-Dry S Flat Air Filters.

Well, other than go with 19" touring wheels I had powder coated gunmetal gray. Probably a net performace loss, but DAMN does it look good. :)

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

ex35-performance-tuning-t576250.html

Just a G37 coupe muffler and a pair of AFe pro dry S air filter (G37 part) and Uprev tune are all you need.... Infact, just an Uprev tune alone makes a big difference in the responsive of the car. ( $600-700). I'll skip the full exhaust since you only benefit with bigger exhaust on the top end. Lighter wheels are optional for off the line responsiveness. But Uprev tune hands down the best.
Pls. Check my last post on the thread above.

So far my 2008 EX35 AWD best run 0-60 at 6.3 sec flat in real world environment (Uprev data log) which is extremely accurate since the laptop is connected to the OBDII connector under the dash. My 0-45 sec run was 4.15 secs best. I still have to do 1/4 run. These time are close to stock , but the Uprev gives you a better pickup on the low end and safe Air/fuel ratio during WOT.(wide open throttle).

jrmotorsports55
Car: 2011 EX35 AWD Journey (wife's car)

Search posts that I have done as well. I added R2c intake for a g, as well as g37 exhaust, paddle shifters, and brake upgrade.

Best of luck.

Jason

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

I added a couple K&N drop in filters. :blush: It was fast enough for me already.
Back when I had my RDX, I did the K&N and the Hondata ECU reflash. That thing screamed, but my stock EX was faster and smoother, so I am pretty satisfied with the speed. Being RWD definitely helps.
I might do an intake later on, but there is always something faster...

:)

wilburfierce

Thanks for all the great input. :bowrofl: Could you give me a tutorial on the up-rev tune this is all new to me. I did a "tune" on my hot rod mini cooper s that was a simple plug in map bypass. This sounds like you need an experienced tuner and myriad software. I'm in a small town and the closest up-rev tuner listed on their site is 200mi from me.

Did the g37 muffler add any power or just sound? Being a bargain sound only is ok w/me. Is it a simple bolt on?

Thanks,

Terry

wilburfierce

Oh, Is the addition of the g37 mid pipe effective? No cutting?

AWGD8

XIS wrote:I added a couple K&N drop in filters. :blush: It was fast enough for me already.
Back when I had my RDX, I did the K&N and the Hondata ECU reflash. That thing screamed, but my stock EX was faster and smoother, so I am pretty satisfied with the speed. Being RWD definitely helps.
I might do an intake later on, but there is always something faster...

:)
I 'm pretty sure your RWD is pretty light and peppy! I cannot imagine tuning it with the Uprev. I was aslo thinking of getting a rwd ex35 but nothing is available here used. BTW, have you tried the Afe Pro dry S filter. I would prefer that than the K&N wet filter.

AWGD8

wilburfierce wrote:Thanks for all the great input. :bowrofl: Could you give me a tutorial on the up-rev tune this is all new to me. I did a "tune" on my hot rod mini cooper s that was a simple plug in map bypass. This sounds like you need an experienced tuner and myriad software. I'm in a small town and the closest up-rev tuner listed on their site is 200mi from me.

Did the g37 muffler add any power or just sound? Being a bargain sound only is ok w/me. Is it a simple bolt on?

Thanks,

Terry
I actually posted " On Uprev how to " on the link I provided here.

ex35-performance-tuning-t576250.html

Scroll all the way down on the button of this thread.

I can help you setup yours if you really serious about going the Uprev route. I would let Seymore4 get you a base map and since I already have a tune, it would not take that long to dial in your car... My Ex35 was the guinea pig and I was the first EX35 tuned using the Uprev. So , that took me 2 weeks to dial it in by using the local empty road as my dyno. PM me anytime and also Seymore4 is very quick to respond.

All you need is a decent Laptop with good battery. Preferably 3 year old or newer. (Windows only, since Uprev does not run on Mac.)

Good internet connection for emailing (attaching tune data) data are very small.

If I have to do it over again, I would skip everything (maybe just add the AFe Pro Dry S air filter and just go Uprev.

BTW, where are you located?

jrmotorsports55
Car: 2011 EX35 AWD Journey (wife's car)

wilburfierce wrote:Oh, Is the addition of the g37 mid pipe effective? No cutting?
Muffler can go on, no mods. Midpipe needs light modding (I had to shorten the pipe). I have pics in my thread.

Jason

wilburfierce

AWGD8

Can't pm yet?...

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

I am very serious about doing the tune . I would really appreciate the help. Will read your thread on same and maybe I'll understand it a little. I just had to loose my Mini Cooper s. I had it up to 215hp from a 1.6. The best I ever did was 6.7 0-60 and that felt like flying. Compared to that my EX AWD feels like a slug. 6.4 is hard to believe, I'm stoked. I love the looks of my black EX but it just looks like it should be faster. It also feels a bit mushy cornering but I'm used to jamming my Mini on the twisty mtn roads here in western NC. I am hoping 18" wheels and the right tires will help. I hesitate to mess with the suspension. I bought the car for practicality but I am spoiled. Always needed a wagon but b4 the Mini I had found a BMW325 5spd man and b4 that a 740 turbo Volvo 5 spd man . When I put the EX to the floor the tranny kick down hesitation is like falling on your face but I have not tried sport or man mode.

thx,

Terry

AWGD8

Email sent!

AWGD8

Correction: 0-45 MPH @ 4.02 secs.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”