New R50 5" Lift kit (R&D)

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
01silvapathy
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 3.5

There is now a commercially available 4in lift kit for the R50

fleurys
Car: 2001 Pathfinder , Locked and loaded !

01silvapathy wrote:There is now a commercially available 4in lift kit for the R50

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

yep..

CanuckQx4
Car: 2001.5 Qx4 2wd

has anyone done a walkthru of installing that kit?? Im not to keen on having to remove engine mounts but Id really like a lift if it was fairly straight forward

Whats the base price on that kit??

01silvapathy

Is it really that hard to click the link Fleurys posted and do a little clicking of the mouse, or do I have to hold your hand like a little child and walk you through it? The answer to your question on price IS ON THEIR WEBSITE. They also have this weird thing called a telephone number, try calling it if you have questions instead of asking on here...where you will probably get the wrong answer from someone who has no experience with this type of mod.

And dont be a woman about installing the lift, its not complicated it just takes time to do. Here is the link to MY thread on how I did my lift. I would just tell you its on NPORA but I have a feeling you would have issues finding the forum let alone a specific thread I made. Once again another thing posted on NPORA that many of you are oblivious to since you never listen to good advise to join

http://npora.ipbhost.com/index.php?show ... ntry536836

CanuckQx4

Sorry I missed the "base price" on there webiste, it didnt stand out to me

What I was asking was a pic of everything that came in the kit, I dont think what they picture is everything

And if you missed it, Im in canada, and dont plan on making an international phone call just to ask about something Im not even going to do

Ive seen your jerry rigged lift build before as pointed out by Fueler, I definetely wont be following that :bs: I also have a 2wd vehicle and Im assuming the install would be comptely different if it even works at all

Im no hardcore mechanic, sorry for asking a question. I didnt know you took the internet so seriously :rotflmao :ohno:

01silvapathy

CanuckQx4 wrote:Sorry I missed the "base price" on there webiste, it didnt stand out to me

What I was asking was a pic of everything that came in the kit, I dont think what they picture is everything

And if you missed it, Im in canada, and dont plan on making an international phone call just to ask about something Im not even going to do

Ive seen your jerry rigged lift build before as pointed out by Fueler, I definetely wont be following that :bs: I also have a 2wd vehicle and Im assuming the install would be comptely different if it even works at all

Im no hardcore mechanic, sorry for asking a question. I didnt know you took the internet so seriously :rotflmao :ohno:
How you missed the bold massive numbers for the price is beyond me, and emails work also ;)

There is your mistake..listening to the resident pothead riceboy-fueler. If he knew ANYTHING about the sfd which he very clearly does not he would know that my kit is IDENTICAL in every respect to the one produced by krypton fabs. The only thing different is my rear coil spacers which do the job temporarily until new longer coils are here. That by no means makes it "jerry rigged" its been used by several and tested by many and PROVEN to work.

And there is no reason why there would be any difference between the 2wd and 4wd models. The subframe attaches with the same mounting points for both variations along with the steering. If anything it would make the install about 10 times easier..being as there is no front diff to go around to access the motor mounts and also less weight to drop when you drop the subframe....you could probably take it out by hand.

I will give you time to confer with your gangsta friend fueler to put try and put together a decent reply, good luck :dblthumb:

CanuckQx4

This isnt a reply war, I had a simple question an you e-bit my head off, for no reason.

Your next reply helped alittle, but Id still like to see exactly what comes in the kit in its entirety

01silvapathy

Well then dont call my stuff jerry rigged if you dont know what the hell you are talking about. And my install is not BS, in fact the owner of KRFabs actually used some of my install pics in the instructions that get emailed to you when you buy the kit. So if you dont wanna follow my install bs thats fine, just know that I followed their install instructions, ADDED some things to them and PROVIDED some pics that they used in theirs :facepalm:

The kits are the same minus the spring spacer. The way that krypton does it they use a weld on spacer (like mine) but a different shape to take a different lift coil from a jeep wj..which you have to cut on if im not mistaken. I guess if you have old coils that are saggy it would work bt I had relatively new lift coils so I still use them.

A pic of the weld on adapter and wj spring

The other thing that KRFab does that is not a good idea is cut your stock shaft and have you weld in a spacer which is pretty dumb and unsafe...many have said its not a good idea. You will have to have someone local do this for you.

The other things that come with the kit are the strut spacers and subframe blocks and engine blocks

Looks pretty familiar to mine huh? :rolleyes:

Kits price is 530 bucks once you add the rear brake line which you need and the spring adapters. Its another 90 for a panhard drop which you might need, and 50 if u want it powdercoated.

All this info is from the KRFabs website and NPORA, guess someone just had to piece it together for you :slap:

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

:inoutgay:
Last edited by fueler on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

fueler

go ahead, im waiting for your reply... how i am a "pothead" and you are a hardcore offroader.... yeah :laugh: keep dreaming boy. My s*** international, your bowlegged stilt-lifted crooked-wheel s*** gets stuck in your own backyard.
Last edited by fueler on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bro_die

Oh wow nice its a reply war haha. So is this KRfab kit really all I need to do this lift, and no I will not try this on my own. I dropped cars but never tried lifting one before. So I will be seeking profesional help with this one.

fleurys
Car: 2001 Pathfinder , Locked and loaded !

bro_die wrote:Oh wow nice its a reply war haha. So is this KRfab kit really all I need to do this lift, and no I will not try this on my own. I dropped cars but never tried lifting one before. So I will be seeking profesional help with this one.
No you will need more stuff, like a longer steering shaft, possibly longer rear brake lines, etc... but like any major mods, I suggest you contact krfabs directly, you will know all there is too know about the lift kit.

S.

01silvapathy

fueler wrote:pic of your ghetto crooked a** front wheels (what a professional lift i tell ya)

how about the video where your front end doesnt even flex one inch

or how about the vid where you get stuck on a speed bump

inm not even gonna post these. i'll let everyone imagine.

nobody cares about your ghetto-a** parking lot lift, so please keep my name out your mouth!!

i try to be nice to u and u dont return the favor so here's the truth i hope u like it!!!

PS brokeback mountain, nice photos of yourself. why did you post it in the m4m section on craigslist?

Yes, we took that picture right after the tires were put back on and the truck had not moved an inch. Once again, if you knew jack s*** you would know that as with ANY IFS lift kit your alignment will be way off until you get it done :facepalm: ..in that pic it had not been done yet and the suspension was still fully extended thus exaggerating the look. Even people who get the kit from KRFabs have this same issue

My aligment is good now

If by speedbump you mean a ledge on clay where my tires wont grip and spin for a second, then I do it again and get up....well then lets see you come and try it. Even with more rear flex than you my suspension was near maxed out with 33's. The front sway bar was still connnected yes cause im not gunna take it off for a half hour of wheeling its there to do its job, dumbsh!t.

If you notice the big lifted chevy on 35's does not even take the same line as me...,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUF0KdUzyX0[/youtube]

You can call my lift a parking lot lift all you want but where is the basis behind that statement :gotme Im sure you can go back into my photobucket and find some mall crawler pics which ill admit too. But i do more actual off roading....and the videos I post as well as pics prove it

As far as the pic of myself goes, I guess you have never heard of no shave November. If you had any sort of life im sure you would know about it but im doubtful :poke: Every guy participating in it shaves on the 1st and takes a pic...then dont shave for a month and take another pic. We had a competition in our truck club for it an thats why there are pics.

Cool goate brahhh, looks like some hardcore wheelin!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... 0820_n.jpg

I guess I could call you an access road wheeler since all you do is drive on sandy roads and flex on rock on the side of them....even then you manage to fucck up enough to break s***. Nice reply though :inout:

fueler

hahaha texas rebels :laugh: :laugh: you and your little shaving contests, its so cute and totally not gay

January is shave eachothers buttholes month for the texas rebels!!!! at the end of the month "yall" meet up and toss eachothers salads out in the woods to see if it tickles your beards!!!
Last edited by fueler on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

fueler

^^ dam.

01silva why do you act like KRSfab is some reputable company with years of experience, when really its a brand new outfitter that has not even sold a single kit yet

01silvapathy

KRSFabs has not but KRFabs has sold a few kits...where do you come up with these statments? LALA Land?

And FYI No Shave November is in support of Testicular Cancer, which I have no problem doing. Maybe you need to stop acting like your a know it all badass when you always come up with false facts and statements. Act your age old man. Next thing I know you will be saying that my lift is all a big cover up.

I challenge you to come up with a reply that more than just an insult. It has to have some factual base behind it and not be just your opinion. 90 perctsent of my posts have helpful and factual info in them. Its because of people like you running their mouth about something they are clueless on that people get mis-informed (canuck). The only thing you are good for around here is your s*** opinion which no one really cares about...and as I am now making you look like an idiot.

fueler

thats why they call them the texas reacharound rebels :laugh:

01silvapathy

Thats what I thought, thanks for proving yourself worthless /thread

fueler

february is swordfighting month for the texas reach-around rebels

01silvapathy

Cool story bro :dblthumb:

bro_die

fleurys wrote:
bro_die wrote:Oh wow nice its a reply war haha. So is this KRfab kit really all I need to do this lift, and no I will not try this on my own. I dropped cars but never tried lifting one before. So I will be seeking profesional help with this one.
No you will need more stuff, like a longer steering shaft, possibly longer rear brake lines, etc... but like any major mods, I suggest you contact krfabs directly, you will know all there is too know about the lift kit.

S.

thanks contacted them and theyre fast on the reply even gave me links as to wahts needed. Did somebody else here ever use this lift kit and is it dependable?

01silvapathy

Yes, a few have installed lifts from them. None are on this board as far as I know, but they are very dependable so far! Dont be scared away by these idiots trying to call this a bad lift and stuff. Listen to someone who knows all about it what it takes to install and talks to alot of people who own and use these lifts :wavey:

bro_die

Ummmm! anybody else has an input to this lift kit?

01silvapathy

From the looks of it all this lift gets on this forum is hate, so go somewhere else for info and opinions.

CanuckQx4

well has anyone actually used the production kit they are now selling on there rigs? From what I researched I couldnt find any members using it, and you said yourself yours is different than what they offer now.

I think Im just going to go with a spring lift myself

01silvapathy

Yes, there are two people on NPORA that got their lifts from KRFABS. You have to keep in mind one thing here. KRFabs was started by an NPORA member who had made kits for other forum members on NPORA...different person then who made mine. He personally sold a few lifts around 5 or 6 I think before he went off an started KRFabs.

01silvapathy

Here is one that got a kit from KRFab

http://npora.ipbhost.com/index.php?showuser=14894

fueler

One of the first guys to do the stilt lift here in North America (besides the nissan guys who lifted a QX4 many years ago, for a magazine article, and then dismantled it) was Tyler M in Colorado (good guy by the way - always hooked me up). He posted all the specs on NPORA and then everybody started trying to copy it into a kit. There have been a few startup companies that tried to mass produce the lift but they all failed (Prado lifts, for example). Not enough demand or profit in such a kit, i guess.

(There was a company in Japan called Mudjayson that made this lift like 10 years ago but that's long gone)

(There is a guy named Alex V from Utah who made like two or three of these kits based off Tyler M's plans and sold them on NPORA - but he's done with it. I think 01silvapath got his lift from Alex am i right?)

So what we have today, is a carbon copy of Tyler M's lift kit.

You know what happened to Tylers lift? He took it offroading and bent the "stilts". He made a detailed thread on this failure but I can't find it. Anyways - he has since scrapped the idea of the stilt lift and he has gone full SAS swap (and also full hydro steering and a VH45 V8 swap - gnarly to say the least)

Although Tyler wheels his R50 harder than anybody here, I think his experience is proof that a block lift is simply not solid enough for hardcore offroading. That's my opinion - take it with a grain of salt. The link that 01silva posted above has some cool pics of someone wheelin with this lift - so obviously it's not completely useless.
Last edited by fueler on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

01silvapathy

He did indeed bend a block wheeling but it was not a direct result of driving and wheeling on the lift per say. What happened was tyler got stuck, to try and recover the truck he was winched. The winch was pulling sideways on the truck and the wheels were jammed. What happened was the wheels and subframe stayed in location while the truck body...where the winch was attached to moved...so the the amount of stress on the lift blocks would have been immense to say the least. But as with everything else tyler does he had a solution too the problem. The blocks that bent were the rear ones, since they have alot less connection to the subframe so he made a brace out of tubing. I have yet to do this, but its in my list of things to get done, just need to get together with my friend and use the tube bender we made to bend one up quick and weld it up. Essentially this brace uses and has the same effect on the truck as the "missing link" that so many have raved about over on npora, and a few on here. So is it the best idea to be wheeling in this form, probably not but I never intend to put myself in a situation where I need to be winched out at an angle. On another note the blocks just driving around take alot of stress but they are solid pieces of tubing that are pretty stout...I have three wheeled the pathy around turns a few times and it feels pretty solid. Here is a pic of what im talking about

Edit- Yes I got my lift from Veater, and it is an identical copy to what Tyler did. The other guy who wheels his sfd also based off of Tylers idea was Max Stryker. The two of them were going to start Prado lifts if im not mistaken. Tyler said himself that he was glad to see more of these lifts being cranked out. He liked it when he had it but as with many who go this route he wanted more. Max wound up running 38x14.5 boggers on his sfd which was 5in btw. Same stilt and strut spacer setup just on a bigger scale. To this day he still wants to get another r50 and do a sfd. He wound up scrapping this old one, but not because of the lift instead because of motor and trans issues. Prettty sure Boston on NPORA got his lift when he parted out the truck

Max's Truck

Brace for SFD "stilts"

sicwitit
Car: part fabricator

hey everyone, I've finally tracked down the kit that got me started on this idea.

http://4wdsuv.auto-g.jp/shop/309/10007.html

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”