m tr4nch's restoration/build thread !! (56k = death)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
ridge
Car: 2002 GGP IS300 5 speed

i cant wait to see this friggin thing on the ground you beast!!!!!! :cool:

m tr4nch
Car: RS13, Z31, P11

got the sandblasting done yesterday. fresh bare metal, acid etched and ready for paint ;)

right fender-

left fender-

did a couple of brackets too-

more this week hopefully! :bigthumb:

splintercell
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx HB
1991 Nissan Silvia

lookin good bro...between you and i...we are OCD when it comes to our cars. :)

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I read through this when you first got started, would have thought you would have been done by now. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have you decided on a color scheme yet since you are coming close for paint and body work.

m tr4nch

splintercell wrote:lookin good bro...between you and i...we are OCD when it comes to our cars. :)
thanks man. haha, hell yes we are :chuckle:

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I read through this when you first got started, would have thought you would have been done by now. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have you decided on a color scheme yet since you are coming close for paint and body work.
i would have been done last year if my mom didn't almost die..... but anyways, originally i was going to have a black and red theme going, but i think gold will also find it's way in there. black/gold or black/red looks awesome to me, i think it will be okay to mix the 3 a little, as long as i don't over-do it. so the car itself will be resprayed super black, then certain parts either red or gold (calipers, valve covers, etc.).

Chaotic_Warlord

m tr4nch wrote:
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I read through this when you first got started, would have thought you would have been done by now. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have you decided on a color scheme yet since you are coming close for paint and body work.
i would have been done last year if my mom didn't almost die..... but anyways, originally i was going to have a black and red theme going, but i think gold will also find it's way in there. black/gold or black/red looks awesome to me, i think it will be okay to mix the 3 a little, as long as i don't over-do it. so the car itself will be resprayed super black, then certain parts either red or gold (calipers, valve covers, etc.).
Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is doing better. I do like the Black and Gold scheme, the black makes the gold just pop and stand out out and the gold compliments the black by making it look more elegant and regal. Not a fan of red, but that's just me. What if you went for a Super black with gold metallic flakes gently blended in, this way unless the light hits it just right you'll never know it's there, but when the light hit it the gold just sparkles through.

m tr4nch

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is doing better. I do like the Black and Gold scheme, the black makes the gold just pop and stand out out and the gold compliments the black by making it look more elegant and regal. Not a fan of red, but that's just me. What if you went for a Super black with gold metallic flakes gently blended in, this way unless the light hits it just right you'll never know it's there, but when the light hit it the gold just sparkles through.
thank you, she's doing pretty damn good. :)
i actually did think about adding a pearl/flake/metallic to the paint, but i'm just going to keep it oem super black. this way a) it won't cost as much, and b) if i have to get a panel resprayed in the future, color matching/consistency won't really be a problem.

as for the red, i already painted my calipers red and i think they look good so i'm not going to change them. however, eventually i want to upgrade to z33/g35/sti brembo's which will be gold already so i'm not worried about it too much. i was originally just going to do a black/red theme, but my valve covers on the rb are gold already and they kind of grew on me. the whole color scheme thing isn't a huge deal for me at the moment though, that stuff can easily be changed down the line. i've got bigger things to worry about first lol.

m tr4nch

was sick all last week so i didn't get a chance to go by the garage :frown:

finished up the last of my patches! :biggrin:

both trans tunnel seat mount brackets.

if you're wondering why one of them is smaller, i'll explain later.

when i was done with that, i started to blow out my frame rails with compressed air to get the rest of the sand out from all the sandblasting. wow there is a lot lol. so i'll be continuing with that and then next on the list is sanding/prepping/painting/welding :bigthumb:

ska69
Car: 200sx s13 ca18det

nice to see that you haven't given up on it yet :)

it sure takes lots of time!

solowsr240
Car: 91 240sx with built sr20det, fullrace t4 gt35r, 2000cc injectors, z32 trans

sick build keep it up!!!

m tr4nch

not much of an update, but figured i'd let you all know what i've been up to.

blew the frame rails out with compressed air, took quite some time to get all the sand out.
this is about 80% of it...

and i started on the sanding. got the engine bay sanded down again (no pics) and started the interior.
the firewall is a pain in the a** with all the different surface angles and such :gapteeth:

cold weather sucks btw.
so yeah, just have to finish sanding the other side of the interior and trunk area (half done), then i'll go over the front wheel wells and rear underbody. :bigthumb:

StricNyne

whooo u been at my house putting in that OT lol, once i do my engine bay and couple small things u can use my heater brah !!

m tr4nch

StricNyne wrote:whooo u been at my house putting in that OT lol, once i do my engine bay and couple small things u can use my heater brah !!
fo sho, that heater is a beast!

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

OMG! reading ur post makes me not wanna even see under my 240sx from new jersey, this makes me feel like i dont wanna put any kind of money into it bc i will always know theres rust :/ goodluck with the rest of ur car, looks amazing so far!

dgms240
Car: '90 s13 hatch ka24det

any updates on this???

Safo
Car: 1995 240SX SE

dgms240 wrote:any updates on this???
^Likewise.

m tr4nch

sorry for the lack of updates lately, no i haven't given up ;) . i've been steadily working on this through the winter getting some things done.

i finished sanding everything that i wanted to: interior, front wheel wells, rear underbody. so they are all ready to go for paint.
started prepping everything for welding up the rest of the patch work.

bought some fresh masterseries paint and started coating things. i like this stuff a lot better than rust bullet so far. used a foam brush and it goes on very smoothly, we'll see later how it sprays.
coated these sandblasted brackets with 2 coats, then primered and painted black. looks brand new now :biggrin:

also started putting it on all the interior seams to help seal everything. i'll also be laying down some seam sealer later on, but i thought this would help a bit.

and also coated the exposed (as of now) door hinge mounts, and repaired door area.

did a few other areas but forgot to take pics. i got some more painting to do before i weld everything up, hopefully i'll get that done within the next week. i'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the chassis! :bigthumb:

Raz007
Car: 1996 240sx

Wow. Just read thru 12 pages of rust murder. Great job man. I can't wait to see the finished product.

m tr4nch

Raz007 wrote:Wow. Just read thru 12 pages of rust murder. Great job man. I can't wait to see the finished product.
thank you sir. nice chevelle, all original? thing must be awesome :)

m tr4nch

started welding today.

did the shock towers first, here's after i sprayed some weld through primer and laid down some seam sealer before welding-

i'm more satisfied this time around than my first attempt-

also welded the inner pieces inside the frame rail chunks. things are SOLID.

still have to clean all the welds up.

more soon! :bigthumb:

StricNyne

looking good brah !!!

sanshou2

how do I subscribe to this thread? damn that's a lot of work.

breaker77

wow this thread is old.

i remember this from way back

Chaotic_Warlord

Do you have a projected completion date? I'd love to see this @ Carlisle next year, you obviously have way more work to do for it to get there this year.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

breaker77 wrote:wow this thread is old.

i remember this from way back
:werd:

And +1 on the completion date/idea! You've been working on this forever y0!

StricNyne

MATTTTTTT FINISH THIS CAR SO WE CAN DO TANDEM TOUGE !!!!

m tr4nch

lol los..
but yeah i've promised myself and a few others i'd have it road-worthy by tail of the dragon this year, so that's the goal!

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

hey i know im alittle late on yuor paint scheme but if ur doing black and gold, i would do the subaru sti black. its an oem color from them and its black with gold flake in it. i would def look into that. i saw on google that someone used that paint with bronze rims on their type x and it look utterly goooooood :D

m tr4nch

got a lot of welding done this week, almost done actually.

passenger side floor/rocker seam-

driver side floor/rocker seam-

passenger side draft duct closed up-

driver side draft duct closed up-

passenger side seat mount-

driver side seat mount-

driver side upper door hinge mount-

just have to finish the passenger side door hinge mount and both frame rail pieces, and that's basically it for the patchwork! :bigthumb:

m tr4nch

edit: posted on next page.
Last edited by m tr4nch on Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”