liftgate problem

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
M@ryland
Car: infiniti jx35 2012

I am new to this site. My husband changed the battery on my fx35 2012. Everything worked perfect prior to the change. The button on side of steering wheel is in the on position. Key fob, button on litgate and button on dash will not operate liftgate. The only way to open liftgàe is manually from inside latch. My husband checked fuses in inside and engine fusebox. We could not find the fuse for the liftgate so we checked them all. I have read several articles regarding a battery change causing the need for re-initializing certain things. I have tried procedures for other makes but can't find the process for nissan/infiniti. Does someone have ideas or tell me the process before spending$$ at the dealer.

M@ryland

Sorry, it's a 2013 JX35. Didn't have enough coffee this morning.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Can it be opened in "manual mode" by pressing the switch above the license plate as referenced in the owner's manual page 3-23?

M@ryland

No it can only be opened manually from the inside latch.

04pathse

In the FSM it does not show that the power liftgate is required to be reset/initialized after disconnecting car battery.

check page 91
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 13%20JX/PG

I believe I read somewhere in the FSM that the power liftgate control module is located behind a removable panel in the cargo area.
Maybe try disconnecting the harness plug that goes into the module and plug it back in, might not do anything but I think it is worth giving it a shot.

M@ryland

Thanks for the idea. Will try and let you know

M@ryland

My liftgate will not work. Neither the key fob, button on liftgate nor button on left side of steering wheel will get liftgate to open. No it's not the power button. Brought to dealer for diagnostic answer. They said it is the liftgate lock actuator. My husband took that part out and hooked it up to a 9v battery and it works. I called dealer tonlet them know and of course they insist that the actuator is the problem. We think that there is no power getting to the actuator. We checked fuses and all good. Could it be the liftgate control module or automatic liftgate control unit? Anyone else having problems with this 4 year old product? Of course warranty expired in September. I have been manually opening for 2 months now bc don't trust the dealer.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

M@ryland wrote:My liftgate will not work. Neither the key fob, button on liftgate nor button on left side of steering wheel will get liftgate to open. No it's not the power button. Brought to dealer for diagnostic answer. They said it is the liftgate lock actuator. My husband took that part out and hooked it up to a 9v battery and it works. I called dealer to let them know and of course they insist that the actuator is the problem. We think that there is no power getting to the actuator. We checked fuses and all good. Could it be the liftgate control module or automatic liftgate control unit? Anyone else having problems with this 4 year old product? Of course warranty expired in September. I have been manually opening for 2 months now bc don't trust the dealer.
Just a friendly note. Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.

Duplicate posts deleted.

M@ryland

04pathse you are a genius. It was the control module. He had to take the back seat out and some other parts to get to it. He disconnected the harness to reset and once he connected it. Voila!

04pathse

M@ryland wrote:04pathse you are a genius. It was the control module. He had to take the back seat out and some other parts to get to it. He disconnected the harness to reset and once he connected it. Voila!
Glad to hear it!

Nysuperdan

Where exactly is this control module to disconnect? I have the same car doing the same thing with the dealership telling me the same thing. $870. I've looked but can't find it

gobigted
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder SL

I'm having this issue on my 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. Where is the power liftgate control module located exactly?

calwilson
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 2W
2008 Infiniti M35S

Have same problem with mine, would like to try the Control module before I have dealer rip me off.

Also where are the fuses for lift gate?

rprzynosch
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder, 2012 Infinity G37X

I had same problem on 2014 Pathfinder. By removing a contact from the battery for 15 minutes the lift gate control module reset itself and the issue was resolved. Put a 3 month aggrevation to rest!

PACNissan2015
Car: Pathfinder 2015

My 2015 Pathfinder’s liftgate will open with fob or dashboard button but then when it is totally open it beeps and closes.

Any ideas for o self fix

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

PACNissan2015 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:24 am
My 2015 Pathfinder’s liftgate will open with fob or dashboard button but then when it is totally open it beeps and closes.

Any ideas for o self fix
Try this:

LIFTGATE POSITION SETTING
The lift gate can be set to open to a specific height by performing the following:
1. Open the lift gate using the request switch or the Intelligent Key.
2. Pull the liftgate down to the desired position and hold the liftgate (the liftgate will have some resistance when being manually adjusted).
3. While holding the liftgate in position, press and hold the liftgate switch located on the liftgate for approximately 5 seconds or until 3 beeps are heard. The liftgate will open to the selected position setting.

To change the position of the liftgate, repeat steps 1-3 for setting the position of the liftgate.

Birdie777
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue

My 2017 Nissan Rogue had issues with the lift-gate not opening and after almost 2 years, I finally figured out why! I hope this helps out others. So here goes - My lift-gate just stopped opening. I tired everything, checked all the fuses, even switched out the Control Module. I had to keep resetting the battery to get it to work and it only worked about 3 or 4 times before stopping again. I looked at every YouTube video out there as well as this site, I just did not want to take my car to dealer because I knew they would charge me an arm and a leg. So one day, out of the blue, I stopped by the dealership and spoke to one of the mechanics and I asked him if they were able to re-calibrate it (this was mentioned to me previously by a Ford mechanic) and he said, Ma’am, all you need to do is open your lift-gate and push and hold in the button at the top of the lift-gate for 10 seconds and this will re-calibrate it. Well I did and voilà! It worked! I’ve had no more issues, it opens every time and it’s been over 2 months now. When you push the button and hold it in, you will hear a series of beeps (this will tell you it’s re-calibrating). Hope it helps others! :)

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Thanks for posting! Good info!

Joyahmed3244
Car: 2017 Nissan X-trail/ Rogue Hybrid

The fuse of the power back door for hybrid is located near positive terminal of the battery in the trunk. Its a 30A pink fuse.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”