Installing a third Row in 2nd Gen Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Sharad25
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

So I recently became a victim of buyers remorse. We Love the 2014 Nissan Rogue, don't get me wrong, but we need the extra seats! Is there any way to cram an extra seat into the Rogue? I have seen how they get seats into Tahoe (which are much bigger I know) and since the Rogue already comes with the option of third row seats, I was hoping I could remove the rear side panels and replace them with the ones that allow the third row, and install the third row on my own. The issues are:

1: Were do I get the parts?
2: How much is it?
3: Are there any other alternatives?

Any input is helpful! I am also aware that the third row will only allow kids to sit there, it's why I'm trying to get some more seats!!
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Nobody on this forum has attempted this.
If you need the seats that badly why not just trade this Rogue in for one with the third row seats? Maybe you will lose $1000-2000 on the trade in, maybe not, but I bet just buying the third row seats would be at least $1000.
Or trade it in for a whole different car with enough room.

DTASFAB

Find someone who recently bought a 2014 pathfinder and doesn't need such a big vehicle and who is also experiencing buyer's remorse. Trade.

Sharad25

Thank you both for your reply. we got the smaller SUV for my wife. if there is no way to install a 3rd seat i guess we will have to live with it. and the car is financed, training it in at this point in time would be a waste of money for an extra seat. i could pay up to 1000 for the seat, anything over that is not worth it. the remose is for not getting the third seat, its nothing to do with the Rogue it self.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

On a side note: the big downside to the Rogue with 3rd row is that it does not come with a spare tire of any kind, instead it comes with run flat tires. Maybe sounds cool at first but this is a horrible plan in my opinion. Firstly those tires will be incredibly expensive to replace (I'm only guessing here), and you'll not be able to put standard tires on the car without coming up with a spare tire solution, unless you like to live dangerously. Those run flats will be special order, and scary expensive I'm sure.

Anybody with a 3rd row Rogue come with a good solution around this??

Sharad25

Right, I agree, I was going to leave the tire in place and find a way to mount the seat over it. Like maybe bolt on a metal beam so that the seat would be over the tire. The down side is that I would have to unbolt everything to get to the spare. The seat might have to be rear facing if I go this route. I'm not sure I'm anyone has ever done this, and how feasible it is to do it. I'm not a mechanic, and I have never done this before. Just some ideas I'm hoping to get some opinions on. I saw online a company who makes seats for rear of suv and such.... Littleseats.Com that's were I got the idea.

Catchmy600rr
Car: CUbe

I am looking into this myself, I am happy with all of the option on the SL, but the third row is not an option. I prefer to buy a "3rd row Kit" new, however I may end up searching the junk yards. as far as the spare tire goes, I wouldn't even worry about buying run flats. My new Caddilac did not come standard with a spare, its an upgrade. my Hyundai doesn't have one either. Between all the roadside assistance programs and the millions of tire dealers around its almost not worth hauling the extra weight around. I would like to know I anyone has converted a non 3rd row into a 3rd row. how much work was it?

Sharad25

Currently I have sent a question to West Coast Customs in Calli to see if they will make one. I did a bunch or research and found nothing, ill keep you posted! I'm also looking into Jeep Bench seats with head rest, ill take a few measurements and see if they will fit, if they do, then i need to figure out how to mount it safe and secure.

Ranma212us
Car: Rogue

Anyone find out cannot be done after a year. Can the third row seat added to the SL trim???

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Ranma212us wrote:Anyone find out cannot be done after a year. Can the third row seat added to the SL trim???
I deleted your thread as this thread is still open. Please take a moment to read these posts:
NICO Terms of Service/Conduct and helpful information

--------> REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS <--------

xtrailmty

kerrton wrote:On a side note: the big downside to the Rogue with 3rd row is that it does not come with a spare tire of any kind, instead it comes with run flat tires. Maybe sounds cool at first but this is a horrible plan in my opinion. Firstly those tires will be incredibly expensive to replace (I'm only guessing here), and you'll not be able to put standard tires on the car without coming up with a spare tire solution, unless you like to live dangerously. Those run flats will be special order, and scary expensive I'm sure.

Anybody with a 3rd row Rogue come with a good solution around this??
dont know why in US the rogue doesnt come with the spare tire. In our market mine comes with the normal size tire under the 3row seats.

emagalla
Car: 2015 nissan rogue sv

Hello, I purchased a 2015 nissan rogue sv last year - it does not have the family package or 3rd row seat. I am in a situation where my family expanded - and I want to see if I could add the 3rd row seat option?

i understand that I would need to remove the deviders, and add the seats and seatbelts, and other things. I did this with a 2000 durango 10 years ago. not sure if this would be possible with this vehicle.

help please.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

emagalla wrote:Hello, I purchased a 2015 nissan rogue sv last year - it does not have the family package or 3rd row seat. I am in a situation where my family expanded - and I want to see if I could add the 3rd row seat option?

i understand that I would need to remove the deviders, and add the seats and seatbelts, and other things. I did this with a 2000 durango 10 years ago. not sure if this would be possible with this vehicle.

help please.
Welcome to NICO! Topic merged with existing thread. Please see previous posts.

emagalla
Car: 2015 nissan rogue sv

Anybody want to trade with me their 3rd row seat with my extra cargo space?

santhisri7462
Car: Nissan rougue

do you know how transfer from one car to another car. If yes, i am having it.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Not to belabor the point, but if you wanted a Rogue with a third row, that's what you should have purchased. Can a third row be added? Perhaps, but it's gonna take a lot of money and customizing of your vehicle to cram it in. And in the end you'll find it's next to useless for anyone other than pets, children and really, really small adults (not to mention the loss of storage space).

n0s_speed
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV
2015 Nissan Rogue S
2013 Nissan Versa

i have the 3rd row....i don't care if i don't have a spare tire! why pay for AAA if your not going to use them?

ubergeek82
Car: 2017 Rogue SV
2007 Altima

I have a 2017 Rogue SV that did not come with the Family Package, would it be possible to retrofit the 3rd row seat into this car? We have another child on the way, and trading-in the car now would be cost prohibitive.

If anyone with a 3rd row seat could sent me close up photos if now the mounting brackets work I’d appreciate it!

Also if anyone would like to sell me their 3rd row seat, or know where I could purchase one, please sent me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Junkyard, you can get all the bits and pieces, including the seat belts and you can take pics before dissembling.

While your vehicle is probably set up to have a 3rd row from the factory, you will want to check that out to be sure. You may also have to replace the 2nd row. All the 3rd row seating suv’s I’ve seen have a at least one folding seat in the 2nd row to allow easier access to the 3rd row.

You may be into way more than you think, especially if there are rooftop attachment point for the seatbelts, in which case you’ll have a headliner to replace if you want to make it look stock.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ubergeek82 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:55 pm
I have a 2017 Rogue SV that did not come with the Family Package, would it be possible to retrofit the 3rd row seat into this car? We have another child on the way, and trading-in the car now would be cost prohibitive.

If anyone with a 3rd row seat could sent me close up photos if now the mounting brackets work I’d appreciate it!

Also if anyone would like to sell me their 3rd row seat, or know where I could purchase one, please sent me a PM.

Thanks in advance!
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

2014 Rogue - is 3rd row really for children?

BTW, new members with less than 10 posts cannot send/receive a PM.

Return to “Rogue Forum”