Faulty fuel pump recall!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
blacksmaru
Car: 07 Versa SL

Just contacted my dealer today and notified him of everyones recent fuel pump/ starting issues and he checked on it. Seems that there is a technical servuce bulletin on the fuel pumps that nissan has not made public yet. Why? I have no clue, but if you are having issues you can call your dealer and they should be able to change out the part. Lucky for me my dealer has parts in stock and i should be getting a new fuel pump monday. If all else fails print out the posts from the startup issues thread and take it down to the dealer with you, lol...

**changed "recall" to "technical service bulletin" ** Take your V`s in for a checkup!
Modified by blacksmaru at 9:35 AM 9/8/2007

Jojo Versa
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback with CVT

I suspect it has not been publicized because they probably do not have enough pumps yet to go around and recall all the cars, so they replace the really urgent cases in the interim.

TrustME
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S
1994 Nissan Sentra

AWESOME! Thats two things I have to go to my dealership for! That and the air bag I have yet to get fixed... =(

mindpenn
Car: Versa SL CVT - Onyx blue (Conv. package)

what kind of problems are people having with the fuel pump? Just in case eventually happens to me.

Tomorrow I am going to the dealer to get my hood fix, is doesn't want to close.

blacksmaru

well if you try and start your car from a cold start, it`ll turn over, but wont crank for about 3-5 secs.... or if you dont hold it that long, it`ll crank the 2nd time you try to start... its been happening to alot of forum users after about 400 or so miles...

boxcarbill
Car: '07 Versa SL hatch 6 speed white/beige int.

there are 2 rubber bumpers that screw in and out. I already fine tuned mine to get the space between the hood and grille even all the way across.

Jojo Versa

blacksmaru wrote:well if you try and start your car from a cold start, it`ll turn over, but wont crank for about 3-5 secs.... or if you dont hold it that long, it`ll crank the 2nd time you try to start... its been happening to alot of forum users after about 400 or so miles...
So far on our 2008 no such problem, hopefully they had time to correct this on later production units.

vpnavy
Car: 2006 Maxima
2007 Versa

What is interesting is some people have the problem and other's don't. Hmmm - wonder if it could be where the Versa's are assembled? I have a Sedan and it was assembled in Mexico - no fuel problem yet.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

This was happening to my old Camel... I hope the new owner(s) realize it!!

mindpenn
Car: Versa SL CVT - Onyx blue (Conv. package)

boxcarbill wrote:there are 2 rubber bumpers that screw in and out. I already fine tuned mine to get the space between the hood and grille even all the way across.
Thanks! I will try it out.

07Vsdn
Car: 2007 Versa SL Sedan

this sounds more like a technical service bulletin (TSB) then a recall.

it is an important distinction because recalls are safety related issues and they are something you will get a mailing about versus a TSB which is an internal memo sent only to the dealer (they won't call you) informing them of the problem and how to fix it but only IF it is customer reported.

blacksmaru

call it what it is, he told me recall... but either way, if your V is acting up you should give nissan a call becuase i know not all places have all the parts at the moment... so if it got to the point where the car wasn`t starting at all, it still wouldn`t be considered a recall?

OriginalWheelman
Car: '15 Ford Focus Electric

07Vsdn wrote:this sounds more like a technical service bulletin (TSB) then a recall.

it is an important distinction because recalls are safety related issues and they are something you will get a mailing about versus a TSB which is an internal memo sent only to the dealer (they won't call you) informing them of the problem and how to fix it but only IF it is customer reported.
He's got it right. They are only required to issue a recall if it is a safety issue. Otherwise they put out what is called a Technical Service Bulletin which is the comany admitng the part was defective from the factory. If you go in they have to replace it for free. The NHTSA has a databse of these listed here. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/c...h.cfm

ratbobo
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

I have'nt had the feul pump problem yet but I did have the check engine light come on at 1500,miles it went off the other day when i had some open road and had the opprutunity to go 85-90mph to blow the carbon buildup from puttin around town. My V is fine right now,I love this car,and I have had about 15 cars since I started driving,love the Bluetooth,the comfort of the seats, the stero controls,mp3 player. I want to put some 3m protector film around the front but it seems too expensive something soo thin,but i guess i will have to cough up the reen again if i want to protect my V.

Jaesin

The film? DO IT.

Mine came like that from the dealer, I'm in FL so the bugs and sun are terrible.... but that film holds up like a champ. Everything that hits it just flies off, or can be easily scrubbed off.

blacksmaru

edited my first post to technical service bulletin, which makes more sense, so if anyone else experiences any problems, you know why...

blacksmaru

edited my first post to technical service bulletin, which makes more sense, so if anyone else experiences any problems, you know why...

matttail
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

This is great news. I wasn't looking forward to taking my car back to the dealer - this way it should be much easier. But I hate the fact that so much goes wrong with this car. I love the V, but I am starting to worry about keeping it past the warranty period - I don't want to have to pay for repairs like this if stuff is failing left and right. Ah well, I've only got 8k miles on it so I should have the full three years, and maybe enough of the stuff will be replaced by then it will be safe.

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Where can you view the bulletin online?

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

I haven't had one problem with my Versa.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Question for the mechanics in here:

Would the low pressure from the faulty fuel pumps affect the gas mileage at all? If so, that might account for the lower than expected mileage out of these cars.

blacksmaru

i don`t think its posted online yet, i`ll check more when i go to the dealer monday and try and get more info if i can....

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

No, low fuel pressure should not increase fuel consumption.

Jojo Versa

BBISHOPPCM wrote:No, low fuel pressure should not increase fuel consumption.
True! but if you ever run to lean for an extended period of time you can put a hole through a piston or two.

Gr8dave37
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx Versa S

Just wanted to ressurect this older thread to comment. I got my 08 versa sedan at the end of march and I started having problems with it turning over for about 2 weeks now. I would turn the key 4-5 times and it would crank with no ignition. I took it into the shop, but they wouldn't look at it right away, so I made an appt for a week later (earliest I could get in). Turns out the fuel pump is bad and they "don't recommend I drive it as it could stop running at any time". In addition they don't have the part in stock for meso currently my new 6 week old versa is sitting at the shop.

So they authorized a rental car for me and i have this UGLY snow white sentra sitting in my driveway. I have to say..and granted I am biased...but that car is uncomfortable as all get out. Can't wait to get Vanessa back.

shakoz
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback

me too!! my versa has been in the shop 21 of the 45 days i have owned it and i have been driving a sentra.what a little pig car! the worst part is that the only key entry is on the driver's door so if you want to get in the passenger side you have to unlock the driver's side and push the unlock button on the armrest.

boqibama
Car: 07 Versa 1.8L SL CVT

Correction. What the Technial Service Bulletin will suggest to do is Changing the Fuel Pressure Regulator, not the fuel pump assembly. Your dealer can show you the detail.

ElDiablo
Car: 2008 RedAlert Nissan Versa s

shakoz wrote:me too!! my versa has been in the shop 21 of the 45 days i have owned it and i have been driving a sentra.what a little pig car! the worst part is that the only key entry is on the driver's door so if you want to get in the passenger side you have to unlock the driver's side and push the unlock button on the armrest.
this is funny, im almost in the same boat.The body shop rented me out a sentra.I had my car 3 weeks before the gods through down their wrath upon me.i hope i can start playing with my versa once again in less then a week.

New wheels, new stereo, and i want to do the headlamp blackout once i get her back.

br4dysays
Car: 06 Alti SE-R

i was having this startup issue, started last week, around 16k, just had it for about a year this month.

they replaced the fuel pressure regulator or whatever and so far so good.

its only been a few days tho.

Juelze
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360 AWD

Hmmm, should I be concerned? I've never had this issue and would hate to have this happen when I"m out of warranty. I have an '07 6spd S model.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”