Engine shaking or hesitation under braking

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
wallewonka
Car: 2008 Rogue

Hello All,

I own a 2008 Nissan Rogue and lately it has been acting weird. After I come to a stop whether on surface streets or on the offramps of freeways, more often than not, I have felt a mild ( meaning very noticable ) shaking of the car that last about 3-4 seconds. Every time this happens I notice that the RPM needle dips close to zero.

Having driven a wide range of cars, I am comfortable in describing this shaking/vibration as feeling like the car having it fuel or air supply cut off and right when it is about to die, the supply is restored and the engine fires back to life... what is this?? anyone have an idea????

Specs on my rogue: 2008 with 61k miles on it. Oil changes & air filter changes have been pretty consistent but, I have not had a tune up yet!!!

Please help me ?!?!?!?

philipa_240sx

The only maintenance items for the Rogue are regular oil and filter changes, and air filter replacement. The iridium tipped spark plugs also get changed every 105,000mi. There are no points, spark plug wires, or anything else that needs periodic replacement. You could say tune ups are almost non-existent.

I would say bring it to the dealer and let them run a diagnoses on it. There are many things that can cause the issues you are having and I couldn't even start to guess...

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

this seems to be the same issue i had

zerothread?id=461065

and it never happened after that one time

wifes rogue
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 S AWD

Not sure if the problem is still happening, or if you have had it check yet.Something like this was happening to me on my Protege 5, ended up being the EGR valve, it was a recall item. Just something else that it may be.

philipa_240sx

wifes rogue wrote:Something like this was happening to me on my Protege 5, ended up being the EGR valve, it was a recall item. Just something else that it may be.
The QR25DE motor (used in the Rogue, Altima, Sentra) does not have a conventional EGR valve. Instead, EGR functions are achieved by varying the exhaust valve timing. It's a far simpler and more reliable EGR system.

For the EGR system to fail, the variable valve timing control would also have a serious problem. This would drastically affect driveablilty, ie. lack of power.

Has the problem re-occured?

Return to “Rogue Forum”