Broadfield Custom Clusters Etc.

Look here for specials on Nissan parts, accessories or modifications, or tell our sponsors what you are looking for!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

I have been getting a lot of PM's requesting pricing on custom cluster setups and other custom fabrication. So I thought it would be beneficial to myself and customers to make a for sale thread with some pictures, options and base pricing. That way I can simply guide most inquiries here.

Clusters, Molded HUD and Center Vent Gauge Plates

All of my clusters are one-offs, made-to-order. I have only had requests for S13 clusters... so that's all I have made. Please feel free to request a cluster besides an S13, and we can discuss it.

***NOTE: I do NOT sell any of the actual electronics; gauges, HUD's, controllers etc.***

S13 Cluster Base Price: $100
  • Customer supplies OEM S13 cluster and aftermarket gauges.
  • I modify the OEM cluster, black front and white back, to accept the new plate.
  • I fabricate plate for your gauge setup. Usually 4-5 52mm or 60mm gauges.
  • My standard finish with a nice texture coat, followed up by a satin/low gloss black.
  • Gauges are flush mounted... so not the simple drop in from the front.
S13 Cluster Options:
  • Wet sand and polish clear plexi front inside and out: $25.
  • Integrate OEM turn signals: $75.
  • Other custom options can be discussed with me... LED indicators, custom finish etc.
Obviously the cluster at the top is much more custom. It has a fiberglass cup molded to the plate to allow the Dash2 to sit at it's recommended viewing angle. Please ask about pricing for things like this. If it looks cool and seems like it would be difficult to make, it probably costs more money.:D

Examples:

The following picture also displays the optional $25 polishing on the front OEM plexi:

Molded HUD On OEM Steering Column Shroud: $350

***NOTE: I do NOT sell any of the actual electronics; gauges, HUD's, controllers etc.***
  • Customer supplies Defi VSD Concept X HUD (now discontinued but still available online).
  • Customer supplies top and bottom of steering column shroud.
  • HUD modified for molding.
  • HUD molded into top half of shroud.
  • My standard finish with a nice texture coat followed up by a satin/low gloss black.
  • Bottom half of shroud finished in same fashion to match top half.
  • Simple bolt back onto steering column, no modifications needed to vehicle.
  • The tilt column will still have a full range of motion.
  • The HUD is still visible even in direct sunlight.
  • Note: The Defi HUD will work as a standalone unit and will display speed and RPM.
Examples:

S13 Center Vent Triple Gauge Plate 52mm: $75

• Customer supplies (3) 52mm gauges.
  • Back Plate for (3) 52mm gauges.
  • Includes angled rings for better viewing.
  • My standard finish with a nice texture coat followed up by a satin/low gloss black.
  • Plate will have OEM quality fitment.
  • Gauges and rings will be mounted to plate.
Center Vent Plate Options:
  • Mounting system for gauge plate. With this option, you could hang from the gauges: $35
Examples:

Optional mounting system:

Other Custom Fabrication

Please let me hear your ideas if you want me to tackle some other interior fabrication.

Some examples,

S13 map light modified and molded for a turbo timer:

S13 cluster surround gauge. This one is popular when combined with one of my clusters for the fuel level. However, you could put any 52mm digital gauge there. Surround is modified to accept the gauge and a smoked plexi front to hide the gauge, except when lit up:

NOTE: The S13, S14 and S15 sending units all read around 5 ohm full and 80 - 90 ohm empty. The closest you will get with an aftermarket gauge is 90 ohm full and 0 ohm empty. Which simply means the gauge will read backwards. So depending on the digital gauge, it's either going to read gallons used or percentage of fuel used. As opposed to gallons left or percentage of fuel left. Not that big of a deal in my opinion. I recommend the Cyberdyne unit, as they make it in red, amber, green and blue. It also has a black bezel which is needed in this type of install. They do make them with a silver bezel, so make sure you order the correct one.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CYB-A036E060N/

Glove box control center plate:

Last edited by Broadfield on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Holy balls! Very nice Toby. I will now have to consider this. These setups look so sick.

carcustomizer
Car: '97 Infiniti Q45t

hey Toby, do you already pre-wire the rear part of the cluster so that it's a simple plug-and-play into the chassis harness, or does the wiring and stuff like that gotta be done by us?

Also, where can you get that digital gauge for the fuel level like the one you have?

Thanks!

Broadfield

carcustomizer wrote:hey Toby, do you already pre-wire the rear part of the cluster so that it's a simple plug-and-play into the chassis harness, or does the wiring and stuff like that gotta be done by us?

Also, where can you get that digital gauge for the fuel level like the one you have?

Thanks!
Well if you think about it, since you are going to have all aftermarket gauges, you will have to run their own individual sensors to them. So there is nothing that I would be able to wire into your factory wiring even if I wanted to. The only exception is if you chose to do the turn signal option. Then yes, that would plug in.

justin s
Car: 97 240 sx kouki
" rb powered soon"

alright im here to talk business

Broadfield

What do you want to talk about?

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

That's so rad Toby, be sure to show us pics of the clusters you do (especially the S14s) ... we all love to drool over your stuff!!

justin s
" rb powered soon"

Broadfield wrote:What do you want to talk about?
lookin for a gauge cluter to hold 3 "or 2 will work" .. gonna ask if you can make em like you do for the s13's " in the ac vents"
and one down the side of the pannel on the driver side .. "guages hung kinda low"

Broadfield

justin s wrote:
Broadfield wrote:What do you want to talk about?
lookin for a gauge cluter to hold 3 "or 2 will work" .. gonna ask if you can make em like you do for the s13's " in the ac vents"
and one down the side of the pannel on the driver side .. "guages hung kinda low"
So you simply want them molded in place of the vents on the S14 climate control surround?

I'm not sure what you mean by "down the side of the pannel on the driver side .. "guages hung kinda low"?

Thanks,

Toby

justin s
" rb powered soon"

ill send pics when im off work

justin s
" rb powered soon"

like these, but hung alot lower

and like this :yesnod

Broadfield

justin s wrote: like these, but hung alot lower

Well, I don't do A-pillar setups... not my style. It's not like you could go much lower anyway before the bottom front of the pod hits the top of the dash.

justin s wrote: and like this :yesnod
There is no way you can squeeze three gauges over there on the right side. You can't even comfortably fit two 52mm over there. I would make a three pod setup that covers over all of the vents. Otherwise it's just going to look goofy and out of place.

justin s
" rb powered soon"

ok yea that will work.. theres no a/c in my car so theres no reason 2 keep the vents working

justin s
" rb powered soon"

sooooooooooooooooooooooo???? uhhh??

Broadfield

justin s wrote:ok yea that will work.. theres no a/c in my car so theres no reason 2 keep the vents working
justin s wrote:sooooooooooooooooooooooo???? uhhh??
Yes? I didn't realize you wanted a response!?! You didn't ask me anything.

KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

lol
your an artist man, awesome work.
what do you need from me for the vent plate setup? the vent plate and gauges.. anything else? and what size gauges would i need to fit 3?

Amays U G37S
Car: shoes

usdm tyte, y0!

Broadfield

KYZAAC wrote:lol
your an artist man, awesome work.
what do you need from me for the vent plate setup? the vent plate and gauges.. anything else? and what size gauges would i need to fit 3?
I would just need your gauges. You would want (3) 52mm.

Thanks,

Toby

KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

sounds good, im ordering a few prosport gauges in a week or 2, im in Canada, would it be ok if i get them to ship it directly to you?

Broadfield

KYZAAC wrote:sounds good, im ordering a few prosport gauges in a week or 2, im in Canada, would it be ok if i get them to ship it directly to you?
That would be fine.

Thanks,

Toby

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Yeah Toby I'll be hitting you up in January with a nice order. :)

I'm spending a few grand on my interior/exterior in Jan.

Broadfield

kornmanz wrote:Yeah Toby I'll be hitting you up in January with a nice order. :)

I'm spending a few grand on my interior/exterior in Jan.
Very nice!

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Your work is pristine man. I will contact you via here or if you have an email addy I'll use that.

Rays_240
Car: 93 sr20det 240sx Hatchback

would you be able to modify a s13 cluster surround piece so that each little vent could hold a 52mm gauge?

Broadfield

Rays_240 wrote:would you be able to modify a s13 cluster surround piece so that each little vent could hold a 52mm gauge?
Absolutely! It would run around $200 completely finished and ready to install back in the car.

Rays_240

ok cool what would you need from me? Im assuming the surround piece, would you need guages 2? Also how would you fill the gap from puting the round gauge in the square hole? Im just curious how it will look when finished? would you have to paint it?

Broadfield

Rays_240 wrote:ok cool what would you need from me? Im assuming the surround piece, would you need guages 2? Also how would you fill the gap from puting the round gauge in the square hole? Im just curious how it will look when finished? would you have to paint it?
I would need your surround piece and then the two gauges you want in there. Filling the gap is not an issue... that is what you are paying me to do after all. ;) I would paint it in a satin black for the finished look.

I would use the technique I am using on another build I have posted on here:

s14-cluster-shroud-molded-greddy-turbo- ... 14299.html

Rays_240

ok I have some gauges now but I am planning on getting different ones sometime in the future. As long as the gauges I am going to get later on are the same size I can swap them out as I please?

Broadfield

Rays_240 wrote:ok I have some gauges now but I am planning on getting different ones sometime in the future. As long as the gauges I am going to get later on are the same size I can swap them out as I please?
Well, not all gauges have the same diameter body. So when I fabricate the piece, I make it perfect for the gauges you send me. So if you swap out gauges later, they may be the same, too big or loose in the hole.

Rays_240

ah ok i figured 52mm was 52mm lol. I guess ill have tp price out some guages

Return to “Advertisers' Marketplace!”