Anyone put new speakers in?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NismoPhan
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue S AWD

Just have a question for anyone who's installed new speakers in their rogues yet. I know it's 6 X 9's in the front doors and 6 1/2's in the rear, but does anyone know how much available mounting depth there is? I've heard 3 inches, but I'd like to hear something solid before I go make any purchases.

clev
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I'm curious about this, as well. Could someone comment on replacing the speakers?

clev
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I just finished replacing the rear speakers using Sony Xplode 6 1/2, 3 way's. There is nothing to interfer with the rear of the speakers; the opening is as wide as the inside panel to the outside of the door; ~4 inches.

Also, on my first trip, I failed to mention the road noise; not bad, but I like it a little quieter. I noticed, when I had the door panel removed, that there is nothing inside the door to deaden the sound; bare metal. I had a partial roll of 'sound deadening' material for autos, so my wife cut and fit, and covered the entire inside of the outer door panel. I'm sure it will make a lot of difference.

Still waiting on information from someone on the 6 x 9 replacements for the front. Will any 6x9 fit, or is there a depth problem?

NismoPhan

Thanks for the info on the rears clev. It looks like I'm gonna hafta' open up the front doors myself and find out how much room there is. I was hoping to not have to go in twice, but it looks like I may. I need to install some auto window modules anyways, but I was hoping to do it all in one shot. I'll keep it posted.

Leo2005

Just tried to fit 6 1/2 JL ZR650-CSI for rear doors. They don't fit because of the woofer support on the back of the speaker. I might cut the door a little bit so speakers would fit. But at least dynamat is installed.

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

NismoPhan wrote:Just have a question for anyone who's installed new speakers in their rogues yet. I know it's 6 X 9's in the front doors and 6 1/2's in the rear, but does anyone know how much available mounting depth there is? I've heard 3 inches, but I'd like to hear something solid before I go make any purchases.
Not sure if you saw this thread but rougeagent08 pulled his front door apart to expose the front speaker. (several other pics as well)

zerothread?id=318091

I was hoping an access hole might be open so you could "estimate the depth... but no luck. Maybe rougeagent08 will see this thread and reply.
Modified by Elton Noway at 9:35 PM 6/11/2009

Leo2005

Not sure about front doors but I came up with solution for rear doors. Since speakers don't fit all the way down I decided to attach them to the door panel. Well...by putting the speaker grill is probably doesn't look too professional but I can live with it. I didn't connect them just attached to the panel. I still have to cut the hole for the tweeter.

NismoPhan

Great pictures Leo! Just one question, how's the vibration from the inner door panels with those nasty-huge JL's throwin' all that bass. Please say you've got some Dynamat or something on them before you tied it all up again.

Leo2005

Actually I don't hear any vibration. I was thinking about it before putting them on but decided to give it a try. I still have to cut the holes for tweeters. I'll do it tomorrow.
Modified by Leo2005 at 8:01 PM 6/15/2009

rogueagent08
Car: '08 Nissan Rogue SL

nice install Leo. I personally would not have cut the door panel and mounted the speaker to it. the mounting depth is listed at roughly 3 inches but you could easily fit something with 4.5" mounting depth by cutting the back of the mounting bracket and using a 1/2" MDF spacer ring. no matter what speaker you use, the install is pretty cut and dry, remove old speaker and place new one. as for mounting depth, you may need to cut the back of the bracket to get something with a larger mounting depth to fit.

the whole purpose of the back plate on the bracket if for acoustical reasons. if you plan on replacing your stock speaker, I'd highly recommend using a good quality sound dampening sheet that is atleast surrounds the speaker by a few inches. I personally use Second Skin.

I'll be getting a Big 3 Kit together by weeks end that will all be cut to length. I'll have a thread with pics for everyone. Also if any needs speaker wire or RCAs, hit me up.

zakmartin
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue, 2008 Nissan 350Z Touring

Those JL ZR's are some seriously nice speakers. I wouldn't have fixed them to the interior garnish if I were you, since you're going to get a lot of reverberation. You can get some MDF speaker spacers from Zenclosures.com and they should resolve any clearance issues you have with the doors. They offer a much better mounting solution. You can get plastic spacers from Scoche, but they don't sound as good.

I hope those nice speakers aren't hooked up to the factory amp and wires either. It'd be a waste of good money, otherwise.

Leo2005

ok..To make it clear. I didn't cut the deck. All I did just drilled 4 holes and attached speakers with heavy duty bolts. The aftermarket grill is only covering the 4 bolts which are silver. I can replace them with black flat screws and then I don't have to install that grill. There's a factory foam between speaker and the deck on the back side. I added some of dynomat to make sure nobody would complain by sitting in a car. Just added the tweeters will post pictures a lil later. Temporarily speakers connected to original radio with original wires. I'm not going to replace wires because these should sound just good enough but I will attach 4 channel jl audio amp later on. Also I'm having some problems with carputer so that probably would wait a lil bit.

crabsign
Car: 2009 SL AWD Rogue

Nice job Leo!

hugenius79
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Leo2005 need help with the carputer you can check out my Rogue carputer

here : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3012622

hugenius79
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Leo2005 can you post some pictures of where you put the tweeters and the crossover in the rear door...

Leo2005

For the crossover part it is located close to speaker like in the middle of the door. I used dynotape that holds it strong enough. I don't have a picture of that because the door is closed already.

Leo2005

Leo2005

Just an update on rear doors. I got adapters for speakers that fits perfectly and had to cut the speaker grills:

Qashqai

Guys, I have a question. According to the manual Rogue has 6 speakers:

1 Center
2 Front Doors
2 Rear Doors....so the total is 5. Where is the 6th one? :confused:

Leo2005

If you have Bose system then you have 8 speakers. If you have base radio then it is only 4 speakers in doors. Bose have following speakers: 2 in front doors 2 in rear doors 2 tweeters under the windshield 1 center speaker in dash above the headunit and subwoofer in the trunk on spare tire.

Qashqai

Leo,

I have 2011 SV AWD with Premium Package. It doesn't have the Bose system installed. The catalogue says 4 speaker is standard for all the models except the SL. However, with the premium package, 6 speakers is the standard.

2 front doors, 2 rear doors, 1 center...but where is the the sixth one???

Or maybe they suddenly decided to remove the 5th (center) speaker (and the mysterious 6th one) for the Premium Package and give four speakers...like they did for the center console tray (it is written on the catalogue and Premium Package has this option, but the cars are not equipped with them)

Leo2005

ok. Just checked with metraonline.com and it seems like front tweeters are standard now and that part makes 6 speakers. Look at the covers on left and right corners close to the windshield you should see holes in them. Unless tweeters were relocated in '11 they should be located under those covers. That's exactly where I installed my tweeters:

Qashqai

..Thank you for the reply Leo.

So that means I don't have a center speaker...

philipa_240sx

Qashqai wrote:The catalogue says 4 speaker is standard for all the models except the SL. However, with the premium package, 6 speakers is the standard.

2 front doors, 2 rear doors, 1 center...but where is the the sixth one???

Or maybe they suddenly decided to remove the 5th (center) speaker (and the mysterious 6th one) for the Premium Package and give four speakers...
Actually Rogue's sold in Canada have had the 6 speaker option (Premium Package) with a mid-level audio system (MP3 & 6 disc CD changer) since 2008.

Leo is correct, the tweeters are the 2 other speakers so:

- 2 dash mounted tweeters
- 2 front door speakers
- 2 rear door speakers

coolcat5774
Car: 2010 ROGUE S AWD

Hey Leo, why didnt you just order the s-model bose speaker grilles? Thats what Im doing. It would be a real clean look. Just an idea. The part number is on the bottom of the grille, it has the regular grille and bose grille numbers.

300winmag
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD

Leo2005 wrote:If you have Bose system then you have 8 speakers. If you have base radio then it is only 4 speakers in doors. Bose have following speakers: 2 in front doors 2 in rear doors 2 tweeters under the windshield 1 center speaker in dash above the headunit and subwoofer in the trunk on spare tire.
Thats what I have and it sounds plenty good enough for me.

Outdoor14
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD 20% tints. Thule roof bike rack. Pilot fog lights.

I installed Pioneer 6x9s this morning. 6x9 fits my front doors perfectly. Sound is great I had no problem with mounting depth. Pioneer says the 6x9s have a depth of 2 7/8 inches.

jonkevin
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Outdoor14 wrote:I installed Pioneer 6x9s this morning. 6x9 fits my front doors perfectly. Sound is great I had no problem with mounting depth. Pioneer says the 6x9s have a depth of 2 7/8 inches.
What is the model # of the speakers you bought? I'm looking to replace mine.

flyat37k
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue Special Edition

coolcat5774 wrote:Hey Leo, why didnt you just order the s-model bose speaker grilles? Thats what Im doing. It would be a real clean look. Just an idea. The part number is on the bottom of the grille, it has the regular grille and bose grille numbers.
Hey Coolcat, do you still have those part numbers? I'd like to reorder some new speaker grilles. (Center and doors)

bigbank_A
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Leo2005 wrote:ok. Just checked with metraonline.com and it seems like front tweeters are standard now and that part makes 6 speakers. Look at the covers on left and right corners close to the windshield you should see holes in them. Unless tweeters were relocated in '11 they should be located under those covers. That's exactly where I installed my tweeters:

Hey im gonna change my tweeters how did you pop it up also how do i pop off the door panels i dont wanna mess up lol

Return to “Rogue Forum”