Amp power cable from battery through firewall(for subwoofer)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ErikTande

Has anyone been able to find a good place to run a power cable through the firewall? My girlfriend asked me to install a sub in her car for her (I'm in love, she's a keeper :D ) Anyway, it's a 2010 or 2011 Rogue, no Bose system (it's the base model with hubcaps, not wheels). She just bought it so I'm not exactly sure.

I'm looking on Crutchfield right now for the replacement stereo. What are the chances that the stock stereo has RCA outputs for an amp? I assume it doesn't have any and will need to be replaced.

Thanks!
-Erik

**EDIT** Just found this thread:

how-to-make-your-rogue-go-thump-thump-t ... 20firewall

Now I'm just curious if the factory stereo will have RCA out.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

ErikTande wrote: Now I'm just curious if the factory stereo will have RCA out.
It would not man. Best bet is to use a Line Out converter to hook up the amp.

ErikTande

Thanks! I just googled that, I didn't even know those existed. I think I'll try that first and see how it sounds. If it works well enough then maybe I won't have to switch out the factory stereo.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

It'll work ok. I wouldn't spend more then $15 on a line out converter though. Check Sonicelectronix.com

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

Actually spent over 2 hours and suffered some bloody hands just to get the power cord through the oem firewall ports. Wasnt pretty they way i did it but ended up using a threaded rod to jam open an open area in one of the oem ports to get it through. I did not want to drill any new hours in the firewall and I couldnt get the screw below the airbox undone so I made due with what I had. Great tutorial on getting the cable through how-to-make-your-rogue-go-thump-thump-t ... 71349.html

Return to “Rogue Forum”