HOW TO: Make your rogue go thump thump thump

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RedVenom
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

First and for most this is for a 2009 rogue with the bose system with the sub in the spare tire.

What you will need to do first is find a good spot to park your car and unlock all the doors and if you'd like roll down all the windows and pop your sunroof too. If Applicable and/or desired. You want to make sure your doors are unlocked because the first step is to disconnect the negative terminal.

once that is done then disconnect the positive and unscrew this nut to start with. so you'll know for reference your gonna have to remove the battery and the tray.

YOu're also gonna have to take out the air box too start here.now rmoving the air box is not an easy task. its very grueling and a lot of maneuvering will have to be done. but it is necessary in order to run your power cable through the firewall.remove that screw that i'm pointing 2. do you see my finger? now pull it. j/konce you get the air box out your engine bay should look like thisheres a close up of where you will be running the positive power cable.unscrew that screw from the inside and use your man hands to pry off the triming. I repeat man hands NOT sasquatch handsnext stick a screwdriver inbetween the grommet and the firewall and straighten out a metal coathanger and stick it in.view from inside the cab

now get some tape and tape the power cable to the coat hanger and pull it thru from the engine bay

remove the side paneling from the door jam. Where the front door closes and the rear door hinges. (view from backseat) remove the trimming from the rearnow run your wire in between and make sure you have enough slack for your power wire to reach the positive terminal easily and tuck your wire away inside the carpet. heres a view of the wire taken from the rear seat with the rear seat folded down remove the rear cargo floor its very easy and i didn't bother taking pictures. of it. If youure reading this then i assume you have a brain and that brain should be able to figure out how to remove the rear cargo floor. If not. STOP this project immediately.

NOw i first tried to use a line output converter but wasn't able to get any sound so i purchased the Pac-Oem2 for 50 bucks at a car audio shop.

i used a few wire taps to splice into the wiring harness connect the yellow wire from the pac oem2 to the blue cable. the black wire from pac oem2 to black wire. the red wire(pacoem2) to the green wire. the white wire(pacoem2) to the yellow wire. and finally the pac oem2 white w/black stripe to the cars brown wire. REMEMBER these wires are to the "input" side of the Pac Oem2. next you may have to add a butt connector to the blue/white wire from the oem2 to extend it to your amp. this in the "turn on" wire. you canconnect your rca cables from the front l/r of the pac oem2 to your amp. I mounted the amp on the back side of the passenger rear seat. remove the bottom of your rear seat using your sasquatch hands and find a bolt and remove it for your ground. sand down the metal if theres paint on it. you want your ring terminal to be touching only bare metal. make your connections to the amp. Pos. power wire to pos wire terminal on amp, neg wire to neg term on amp. turn on wire to turn on terminal on amp. put everyting back together in your engine bay and before you hook up the battery se sure you fuse your power cable within a foot of the battery. connect the power wire to positive without the fuse. connect the neg battery. and now put your fuse in. turn your car to acceessories and you amp should light up with power. now your ready and conncet your sub box with speaker wire. positive to positive and neg to neg. of course put your rear floor in before putting in your box. i think thats pretty much it. I'm writing this early in the morning before i go to work so if by all means i forgot something please share with others.

in my case i built a box for two kicker comp 10's 8 ohm wired in parraled to 4 ohm load to a profile ap10000 am. 480 watts rms bridged. or 240 watss to each submake sure all your wires are neatly tucked away and use cable ties for a premium looking install. i wish i could get into how to build the box but i have to take a shower now. TYhanx for reading and i really hope this inspires you to upgrade your sound system

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

RedVenom wrote:First and for most this is for a 2009 rogue with the bose system with the sub in the spare tire.
Hey RedVenom... GREAT pics and step by step instructions.

How about posting some final pics once all the wires are tucked away and the speakers are mounted in the box. Would like to see how the rear deck turns out. For those of you interested in testing the bass of your own sound system... (and have been living under a rock) you should download a copy of Bassotronics - Bass, I Love You. Just becareful ... if you blow out your speakers don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

Heck... next thing we know RedVenom will be demononstrating the Bass Hair trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN8DKhTDh8Q

NOTE: If any of you decide to download Bass I Love you... just be careful where you decide to download it from. Some sites (torrets etc) will throw in malware or other nasty stuff.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Elton Noway wrote:NOTE: If any of you decide to download Bass I Love you... just be careful where you decide to download it from. Some sites (torrets etc) will throw in malware or other nasty stuff.
I found a good link here: http://www.mp3000.net/download...3.php Just right-click>save link as.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Thank you Red Venom for taking all the time and effort to collect and compile those photos and instructions, great job and much appreciated.

I too would like to see final install photos, when you have time of course!!

philipa_240sx

If you post a step-by-step of the install, we can add it to the Technical Articles Section:

zer...icles

You will also get a custom title added to your username.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Good idea,

We're always interested in getting more step by step technical articles.

It would take a little bit more work on your part just to clean it up and make it complete. An introduction of your project including the goal, materials (some brief specs on your subs, amps, speakers etc.), just a few sentences so readers understand what you're going to be doing.

And go easy on the "you should be able to do this if you have a brain...." comments. Not the most offensive thing you could post but not the best either, NICO club maintains a non-offensive forum.

Thanks again, your time spent contributing to our forum and making it more informative is appreciated, especially since we've been pretty light on stereo upgrade content!!

bcus28

Nice work, and yes please post the finished pictures! Also, is our alternator ok to handle your amp and 2- 10's? Are you considering an audio battery and maybe a capacitor or it is uneccessary?

My last ride had a system in it and I really really really miss it, and was considering putting something in my Rogue.

I of course won't be doing any installing myself as I'm car audio challenged but would like to know more on what you think.

koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

I'm not sure to understand correctly this HOW TO.

Do you use the bose amplifier? So you only change the sub for the new one? It is not too much for the bose system?

Thanks

RedVenom
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

hey thanx guys. i did this install in late sep/ and i was finally able to post a how to. for some reason i never took a final picture. I'll get that for you soon. As for another question, someone asked about the "Rear Deck"?????????

oh and before i continue, my apoligeeez to the mod. for the brain statement. I meant harm none....

i will look for my original plans for the box and i will post the dimensions, The box is a perfect fit. off the top of my head i know the width of the box is an even 40 inches.

and in answer to the bose amp question... I'm using its wires and sending it to another amplifier to power two kicker comp 10's 8ohm

thanx again. i would love to throw about 4 tens back there, i have a spare mono power acoustik amp 1 ohm stable that can run it but its my ladies ride and she says that its more than enough.

total cost off the top of my head for better reference: 2 10s= $90, 3/4in mdf=30 bones, phoenix gold 4 ga amp kit= 35, screw glue silicone, about ten bucks maybe less. trunk spray paint=5 or 6 bux. pac-oem2 = 50 ...grand total=$221

aaaaaaaand i was able to build myself a box for my kenwood 12" i must say the rogue is a lot louder and i 'm jealous. But i don't care. I got them for the lady for her birthday and i'm saving up for two 15" polk mobile moniters to go in my charger.

well thanx alot for reading and i'll post those dimensions for the box.
Modified by RedVenom at 9:43 PM 1/11/2010

valetek
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009

RedVenom,
you have any instructions/images on how to remove seats, glove box from Nissan Rogue 2009 to get amp cables through?
Thank You.

Leo2005

valetek wrote:RedVenom,
you have any instructions/images on how to remove seats, glove box from Nissan Rogue 2009 to get amp cables through?
Thank You.
To remove back seat you have to simply pull the seat up. There's 2 hooks so start pulling from the front of the seat...that's all. I have installed my amp right under the back seat and ran all the wires under plastic panels near doors that could be easily pulled out as well and under carpet after that. To remove glove box get 7 screws out and pull the box out:

SR86
Car: Nissan

Great post! I was thinking of doing the same thing alongside an overhead DVD installation into mine.

Just a quick recommendation. Behind that kick panel, if you follow the hood latch cable, there's an empty rubber grommet about 1" away up and to the right of it that I would recommend running the wire through. It saves the risk of accidently probing through a wire in the grommet they all run through. Its large enough to 0 AWG :)

ErikTande

Thanks for this thread, the pictures are awesome!

Return to “Rogue Forum”