300ZX Experience

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
worldisgrand
Car: 1990 300ZX TT

I have decided to start a post to allow others to see my works in progress and to allow me to keep track. I first started with the white one, it got crushed. I then came across a deal to purchase the black car and it is what I am currently driving and working on.

1990 300ZX TT automatic
ImageImage

1990 300ZX TT automatic
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

New Parts:
Hicas deletion bar
New style injector plugs
Falken 245 40 18 tires
Blitz electronic boost controller
615cc injectors
Z1 tuned ecu

Updates to car:
Painted Motor
Battery relocation
Custom speaker box
Polished exhaust
Tinted windows (I still have to tint the driver and passenger windows, ran out of 20% tint)
Removal of spoiler
Updated interior
Painted intercooler piping

Future plans:
Upgrade turbo's
Paint calipers different color
Repaint car
Add subwoofer
5 speed manual
Dual intake
Upgraded throttle bodies
NOS
Suspension
1 piece drive shaft
3 inch exhaust

Some things will take longer than others, but it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait

jona300zx
Car: '95 300ZX N/A

keep it up man everything is possible!

youra6
Car: 2002 2.5 RS

son... I am appoint

AchilleZ32
Car: 1990 Nissan Z32

What happened to the white car? Also, put the spoiler back on!!!

tg

BeastZ32 wrote:What happened to the white car? Also, put the spoiler back on!!!
angry tractor driver :)

worldisgrand

tg wrote:quote="BeastZ32" What happened to the white car? Also, put the spoiler back on!!! /quote
To make a long story short, my best friend and I had the car over at his inlaws place for storage until I was able to buy new turbos. No one had any problems with it until one day the father in-law decided to smash the car thinking it was my best friends car. Apparently the father had beef with my best friend. Needless to say, he smashed the car with a crane, dragged the car back to a dry pond and flipped it over.
I am currently waiting for the prosecuting attorney to decide whether they will take the case to court or if I have to. His wife, children, and the police all believe he did it. Its a waiting game now. Hopefully everything will work out, because so far I have had to bite the bullet on this one out of my own pocket.

I like the car without the spoiler, actually I like the car both ways, but I think it looks a lot cleaner without it on. It will look a lot better when I lower it, plus I am thinking of fiberglassing a small lip on the back to act in place of the spoiler (maybe).

worldisgrand

I was finally able to get a little more done on the car under the hood. However I am forced to continue to look at the horrible krylon paint job.

Things I've updated:

Took out battery tray
Relocated power steering reservoir to old battery location
Replaced a lot of the bolts with Z1 stainless steel bolt kit
Replaced couplers to throttle bodies with Z1 silicone piping and H clamps
Repainted calipers Blue

Here are some pictures...

Initial_Z

Niceeee !!! The paint job look pretty bad in the pictures though. How many miles on that motor ?

worldisgrand

Zviator wrote:Niceeee !!! The paint job look pretty bad in the pictures though. How many miles on that motor ?
The engine has a little over 100,000 on it. A buddy and I are going to be painting the car soon, dark metallic grey with a blue tint in the pearl.

djdopamine
Car: 1990 300ZX N/A 1990 300ZXTT R.I.P.

Car looks great!
...So when are you doing the 5 speed swap? :yesnod

GsaSlick
Car: 1994 N/A Slicktop 5-Speed

^^^ I second this motion. ^^^

worldisgrand

Right now I am going through school and will be completed with getting my degree's in december of this year. I will then be entering the job market as a computer programmer, web developer, graphic designer, and database developer. After a year or two at the job I will then do the swap, along with upgrading turbo's, dual intake, single piece drive shaft, and suspension.

alright2020
Car: 92 jeep wrangler with SBC
99 F250 with 7.3 on 25lbs
91 300ZX na>tt>na
03 G35 coupe

just out of curiosity... what are all of your gauges for... i love guages. i love being able to monitor everything... but 6? im jsut curious what all your monitoring... boost, oil pressure, colant temp. oil temp? exhaust temp?

worldisgrand

The car started out with 6 guages when I got her.
2 boost guages
2 fuel/air ratio guages
1 voltage
1 oil temp

For some reason the previous owner hooked a boost gauge to each side of the motor. To this day I can't determine what the point of that was.

The car now has:

Boost gauge
Electronic boost controller
2 fuel/air ratio guages
voltage
Oil temp

The fuel/air ratio guages are hooked to each bank. They aren't very accurate, but both read very similar and they allow me to know if the left or right bank is having a problem. Definitely makes it easier for troubleshooting, I wouldn't recommend getting them, but since the car already had them in when I got her I'll continue to use them until I get some wideband/s. I use the boost controller to tell how much boost I am running and I have the boost gauge as a backup incase something should go wrong with the controller. With this car I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Once I get the wideband/s then I will reconfigure the entire setup and hopefully eliminate some of the guages. Plus I didn't want to have any empty slots where guages should be.

worldisgrand

If anyone has done it or is planning on doing it where are you relocating the fuel filter at on the car?

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

Do you have upgraded intercoolers? Or where you planning on doing it at some point? Any idea of the rwhp numbers on it? I love the painting you have done to your motor. Makes me want to do that...I don't know if I would beable to pull stuff out and put it back together tho lol.

worldisgrand

The car as of now has on it:

Performance:
FMIC - Came With Car and I don't know what brand
BOV's - CWC
Down pipes - CWC
Test pipes - CWC
Full exhaust - CWC
Underdrive crank pulley - CWC
No cats
No precats
EGR Deletion
Z1 Silicone couplers
New style 615cc injectors
Z1 ECU tune
Blitz boost controller
Hicas removed
Converted to electric radiator fan
Intake

Extra's:
Reapolstered seats - CWC
Fiberglass hood - CWC
Fiberglass spoiler - taken off until I either sell it or put it back on - CWC
Rims - CWC
Guages - CWC
Stereo
Battery relocated
Power steering reservior relocated
Z1 stainless steal bolt kit
Painted engine
Painted intercooler piping
Painted calipers
Custom speaker box
Aftermarket front bumper - CWC

I still have to get it tuned and dyno'd, but a lot of the guys here are telling me that with factory turbo's and what I currently have I should be pushing around 350 - 375 RWHP. Regardless of what I am pushing, she is still funner than anything I've ever driven before.

As far as paint goes, it really depends on the individual and what they like. I like the polished aluminum look, but that is just too much time for me to sit and sand all that smooth and second I don't want to have to clean it. Plus I like to have certain things stand out a little more than having everything polished. Yes it does stand out, but to distinguish between certain things is easier.

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

Great looking engine bay!

worldisgrand

Well, I haven't written in this for a while now and finally have something to write about. Firstly, I finally was able to get the interior switched back the factory. Looks a hell of a lot better.

My white 300 finally went to the grave. I got everything I could salvage off of her this past week. I ended up cutting her completely apart and hauled her off to the scrap yard. Completely sucks!!!! I definitely did not want to be doing that.

I hope no one else has to do the same thing. Waste of a damn fine sports car.

Funeral will be held on the nuts of the ***hole who crushed my car. Steel toed boots are a must. Knives and other sharp objects are welcome. Thank you.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

worldisgrand wrote:Well, I haven't written in this for a while now and finally have something to write about. Firstly, I finally was able to get the interior switched back the factory. Looks a hell of a lot better.

My white 300 finally went to the grave. I got everything I could salvage off of her this past week. I ended up cutting her completely apart and hauled her off to the scrap yard. Completely sucks!!!! I definitely did not want to be doing that.

I hope no one else has to do the same thing. Waste of a damn fine sports car.

Funeral will be held on the nuts of the ***hole who crushed my car. Steel toed boots are a must. Knives and other sharp objects are welcome. Thank you.
Dude I would fly down for that funeral just to ensure that d!ck never has a chance to reproduce, ever!

s13drifter88
Car: 93 S13 Coupe CA18DET (Money pit)
1996 D21 Hardbody (Work truck/daily)
!993 Del Sol (Daily)
1987 Pontiac GTA (Drag project, other money pit)
1989 SOHC S13 Buzz Car

I wouldve been beating the f*** out of someone's a** over that dude. I hope you win in court and get back whats yours. Best of wishes and keep up with the sick build, its a gorgeous car man.

worldisgrand

Sunday, I finally finished up tinting the windows. 35% tint on the doors. Definitely looks better with tint.

worldisgrand

This past couple of weeks have been pretty busy for me as far as the car is concerned. I was able to do a Blue LED conversion on the instrument clusters. I was also able to buy new tires for the car along with ordering MATTE BLACK vinyl for wrapping the car. The vinyl should be in by the end of the week so I can start this weekend. Shouldn't take but a day or two to do. I've got quite a few years of experience with tint and vinyl. I'm excited because I will not longer have to look at the nasty krylon paint job anymore. Then I am planning on painting the wheels either gloss black or blue. I'm excited. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

worldisgrand

Here is the Blue LED conversion that I had recently upgraded to. I have about 15 years of electronics experience and one of the things I always like was soldering. So I took it upon myself even to solder all the LED's that went to the switches. This conversion isn't very hard to do as long as you have the correct items in hand. Soldering Iron, Solder, Heat shrink, Needle Nose Pliers, and of course the LED's and resistors. I purchased the LED's from www.superbrightleds.com. Of course there are many other companies out there.

Z32TT
Car: 90' 300ZX TT

I like where you mounted your P/S reservoir, since i cant put mine in the nose that is a deff great second spot.

worldisgrand

Well with the battery relocated to the trunk it really allows for one to make the engine bay less cramped. I only wish that Nissan would have made the engine bay just a little wider to allow for more room.

worldisgrand

Instead of getting a new paint job, I went ahead and ordered vinyl and covered the car. I chose Matte Black as the color and couldn't be more happy. Hope you like. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Matte Black Vinyl - $150
Application Spray - $20
Heat Gun - $40
Do It Yourself - 3 Days time
Getting your car looking 100% better - Priceless

worldisgrand

I will post up pics of this later, I also swapped out the exhaust on the car with a spare GARRETT Exhaust I had. Sounds a lot better and doesn't produce that loud drone at 2500 rpm unlike the cheap exhaust that came on the car when I got it. I also just put on new shoes, NANKANG's 235 40 18 (front) 255 35 18 (rear). Along with all this I also added Sirius Radio to the car. Now I don't have to worry about commercials. HATE COMMERCIALS.

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

I need to see something like that in person. It looks pretty good, but it SOUNDS horrible.

Z-owned
Car: 93 N/A Z32
90 VW Corrado
01 mr2 spyder

JDMZ32 wrote:I need to see something like that in person. It looks pretty good, but it SOUNDS horrible.
You need to enable your pm's! Glad to see you back on the boards though.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”