2011 Nissan Rogue - Model changes

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
philipa_240sx

Well it's official, specs for the 2011 Rogue are out. This was a bit earlier than expected. Nissan released the information 3 weeks earlier compared to last year.

As expected, this is mid-cycle refresh with new bodywork, audio systems, paint colors, and several new features. I am currently looking for photos... stay tuned.

From NissanNews.com:

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=1714&mid=1
2011 Nissan Rogue

For 2011, the Nissan Rogue crossover SUV gets an upgraded look inside and out – including exterior, interior, comfort and convenience, and audio and entertainment system enhancements. Model names and options are also revised, helping keep Rogue fresh and exciting for its active, involved buyers. The Rogue SV replaces the previous SL model, with a number of previous SL features such as leather-appointed seats now offered as an SL Package. Four new exterior colors are offered for 2011.

For owners looking for a higher level of sporty appearance, the Rogue Krom™ Edition once again offers features including exclusive 18-inch chrome wheels, unique grille and bumper with fog lights, unique rear fascia, sport-tuned exhaust and body colored power outside mirrors. The Rogue Kr?m™ Edition was introduced in December 2009.

Again in 2011, Rogue comes with a standard 170-horsepower 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). Rogue S, Rogue SV and Rogue Krom™ Edition are available with an intuitive All-Wheel Drive system.

Rogue is designed to satisfy both the functional needs of the buyers and their emotional needs – including the versatility provided by a large 58 cubic feet of cargo space. Rogue’s interior includes a driver-oriented cockpit, available leather-appointed seating surfaces, heated seats and 6-way power driver’s seat. Utility is enhanced by numerous storage and ultra-functionality features, including an oversized glove compartment, large center console and an innovative rear cargo organizer.

Available technology features include Nissan Intelligent Key™, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and a Bose®–developed audio system.

Rogue also offers a long list of standard safety features, including front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection.

The 2011 Nissan Rogue is scheduled to go on sale in September 2010.

Revisions for 2011 include:

* New front fascia and grille, front spoiler, rear spoiler, chrome license plate finisher, door side guard molding with chrome accent trim
* New front and rear tire deflectors, underbody cover and lower rolling-resistance 17-inch tires
* New center cluster, meters and drive computer on all models
* New seat cloth (Rogue S models)
* Mood lighting, rear heater ducts, outside temperature display, driver’s seat manual lifter, additional 12-volt power outlet (now two), driver’s seatback pocket, cargo light and illuminated visor vanity mirror added to Rogue S
* One-touch auto up power function added to Rogue S driver’s window
* New 4.3-inch color display audio system with USB interface added to Rogue SV
* New Navigation Package with 5-inch color touch screen and XM NavTraffic® capability (SD card-based) available on Rogue SV Packages
* New USB port in center console on Rogue SV
* Rogue S adds new 2DIN audio, iPod® connection, MP3/auxiliary/RDS and speed-sensitive volume control
* RearView Monitor added to Rogue SV
* Rogue SV model replaces the previous Rogue SL
* New SL Package added, with leather-appointed seats, heated front seats and outside mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, navigation system with 5-inch color touch screen display, Bose® audio system with seven speakers and subwoofer, automatic auto on/off headlights, power glass moonroof, automatic air conditioning system and front fog lights
* Premium Package available for SV model, with navigation system, power glass moonroof, automatic air conditioning system and automatic on/off headlights
* 18-inch chrome wheels added to Krom™ Edition
* Four new exterior colors: Pearl White, Cayenne Red, Frosted Steel and Black Amethyst

philipa_240sx

This will be the official discussion thread for the 2011 Rogue.

Please post your comments here regarding the new model. Further details will be posted in this thread when they become available.

philipa_240sx

A few comments:

- New bodywork is out including a new grille. It will be interesting to see what they have done.

- New drive computer and redesigned center cluster. This likely mirrors what has been done with the Qashqai:

New audio systems that mirror what has been done in the Altima and Sentra:

- Finally a new audio system with 4.3" color display (select models)
- Optional NAV package on the new SV trim (replaces SL)
- iPod audio integration!

There is still no climate control per se, but they have added automatic air conditioning controls. If this is like other Nissan models, you will be able to set the temperature for the A/C only.

And another feature we have been all asking for: Automatic headlights!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Sounds like they've made some significant improvements, very smart on their part since I'm sure I'll want the newest model, especially the 4.3" color dispaly audio! But I won't be spending thousands of dollars to upgrade to the 2011 model just for a few nicknacks that I could add to my '08, but the marketing will be tough to resist!!

rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

No automatic door locks?

minnowgt
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S 360 degree with AWD

finally nice to see that the base model isn't totally stripped of what should be standard features.

look like they really are making the base S model more attractive. hopefully this doesnt translate to
a big price jump.

philipa_240sx

rjchoops wrote:No automatic door locks?
I would presume the speed sensing auto door locks introduced in 2009 will remain.

However, we won't know 100% until Nissan releases the 2011 spec sheet... which isn't available yet.

Igg

I woulder if i could order the automatic a/c control and fit that into the 2010 sl awd, if that's the case that would rock. I'm hoping to do the same with the 2011 nav package w/o losing the built in bluetooth/bose integration.

mdrudge
Car: 2009 Wicked Black Rogue SL AWD Premium Leather (Gray) Moonroof PKGs and 2009 Wicked Black Rogue SL A

Did they drop the availability of Xenon headlights ?

philipa_240sx

mdrudge wrote:Did they drop the availability of Xenon headlights ?
Until we see full specs, we don't know for sure. The Xenon lamps were part of the SL Premium package. The new 'SL Package' no longer lists them... curious.

philipa_240sx

Here is a photo of the radio & climate control system from the Qashqai (Europe):

Although we have not seen photos of the 2011 Rogue, there is a good possibility this is what the SL Package premium audio/nav and climate control will look like.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

There is some interesting information on the 2011 Rogue in this article, I found the comparison to competitors CRV and RAV4 interesting.....but no real solid details about the new model such as a photo:

http://iguida.com/2011-nissan-rogue

Nakama
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

I definitely wish they'd gotten a clue and put in that USB connection in the center console sooner! :) My wife has one in her Hyundai Sonata and I miss having that when I'm in the Rogue.

--Jed

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Probably not the automatic climate control, but I wonder if that new head unit is something that can be installed on older Rogues like my '08. Would be nice to retain full functionality of all steering wheel controls (including the bluetooth controls, which would not work with any aftermarket unit) while having greater functionality compared to the unit that came in my SL (the one that is marked with the Bose symbol but is not made by Bose).

More importantly, I can't wait for photos of the 2011's redesigned front and rear fascias, so I can see if they may be fitted to an '08 like mine! :naughty:

-Ed

mdrudge
Car: 2009 Wicked Black Rogue SL AWD Premium Leather (Gray) Moonroof PKGs and 2009 Wicked Black Rogue SL A

Nissan has added Xenon headlights to the SL Package in an updated listing to changes for the 2011 Rogue.
http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=1714&mid=

philipa_240sx

Full specs have been released for the US. There is only a press release but no detailed specs for Canada.

A few interesting things I noted:

- Coolant temp and fuel gauges are now analog dials.
- Auto climate control on SV/SL trim is just a single zone.
- 18" Chrome wheels are available on SV/SL trim.
- Auto headlights that activate when it gets dark
- iPod connectivity is standard
- 6 way manual drivers seat is standard
- Auto up/down drivers side power window and auto down passenger window are standard
- Rearview monitor is standard on Rogue SV
- Drive computer (fuel consumption, distance to empty, etc) is standard

For Canada
- Bluetooth handsfree is standard
- Rogue SL model remains and comes with standard AWD. So Canada gets 3 model levels: S, SV and SL
- No mention of paddle/manual shift. It may have been deleted for Canada as well.

philipa_240sx

The 2011 Rogue owners manual is due to be released Aug 15, 2010:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptog.aspx?dept_id=62

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

I wonder why they did away with the Homelink system, I really like the garage door openers built into the mirror. This is a big omission of a great convenience option.

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

philipa_240sx wrote:
rjchoops wrote:No automatic door locks?
I would presume the speed sensing auto door locks introduced in 2009 will remain.

However, we won't know 100% until Nissan releases the 2011 spec sheet... which isn't available yet.

The speed sensing auto door looks remained at least on our 2011 Rogue, but I didn't notice the auto headlight switch position. It seems the auto headlight option is for the US Rogue
Last edited by sckeith on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

Here is a shot or our 2011 radio/nav system/backup camera and climate control

insomnia816
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

The 2011 model is now shown on Canada's Nissan website

Look not bad if take closer look. However I have question in mind regarding the spoiler since it looks a little different than the previous round edge. The 2011 rogue's spoiler has less-round look. Would there be any information to as the spoiler is swapable between the models? For examples, the 3rd break light position and the bolt locations of the spoiler mount.

philipa_240sx

Don't go by the photos on the Canadian website. They may not be correct.

There was another thread about swapping the larger/deeper US spoiler for the smaller one found on CDN Rogues. Bottom line: None of the bolt holes line up. One of members bboard had a dealer perform the swap... they had to redrill all the holes:

need-help-with-installing-the-spoiler-t ... l#p5544353

philipa_240sx

And photos of the CDN vs. US versions of the spoiler from earlier models:

post5681534.html

The 2011 US spoiler looks the same. I'm waiting to see real photos of the Canada spec 2011 Rogue with a spoiler to see if they made any changes.

bboard
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD Premium Iridium Graphite

sigh...philipa had reminded me about all those holes on my rogues =( but then its the looks that matters!

philipa_240sx wrote:Don't go by the photos on the Canadian website. They may not be correct.

There was another thread about swapping the larger/deeper US spoiler for the smaller one found on CDN Rogues. Bottom line: None of the bolt holes line up. One of members bboard had a dealer perform the swap... they had to redrill all the holes:

need-help-with-installing-the-spoiler-t ... l#p5544353

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

I drove the new Juke yesterday and couldn't help but wonder if many of the new features will be incorporated into the Rogue for 2012.

philipa_240sx

mag318 wrote:I drove the new Juke yesterday and couldn't help but wonder if many of the new features will be incorporated into the Rogue for 2012.
Not likely. The 2011 Rogue was significantly revised and we won't see any major changes until the total redesign for 2013... assuming Nissan continues their 5 year product cycle for the Rogue.

With tightening CAFE requirements looming for 2012-2016, we are going to see some considerable changes the next few years. Vehicles will become more efficient and I expect to see smaller displacement, less weight, hybrid technology, etc. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Did Nissan work on a hybrid Qashqai in previous years? I remember you show us the info (or was it an electric one?).

When you see that the Juke has a 1.6l turbo engine which delivers 3 more HP than our QR25DE engine, you know where we are heading. The Juke is only 150kg lighter than the Rogue.

philipa_240sx

Pescakl1 wrote:Did Nissan work on a hybrid Qashqai in previous years? I remember you show us the info (or was it an electric one?).
Nissan produced a demonstration all electric Nissan Rogue for Project Better Place. It has never made it to production of course.

post4915419.html

Return to “Rogue Forum”