2010 Rogue - Charting the Changes

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
philipa_240sx

Nissan has just released the upcoming changes for most 2010 models sold in the USA including the Rogue. Here are the changes for 2010:
For 2010, Rogue is available with a new 360° Value Package, which includes 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, privacy glass, RearView Monitor, auto-dimming rearview mirror, a rear spoiler and chrome grille. Chrome door handles are now standard on all Rogue models. The 2010 Rogue goes on sale in TBD.

Revisions for 2010 include:New 360° Value Package, featuring 16-inch alloy wheels, RearView Monitor, auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear spoiler and chrome grille available on Rogue S models
* Chrome door handles now standard on all models
From NissanNews USA

Entire article can be found here: http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=784

As I expected, there are only a few changes with an the addition of the 360 Option package. And woot!!! Chrome door handles are now standard. I guess someone was watching the NICO forums and the mods some of you have been doing!

The rearview monitor is interesting. Nissan currently offers it as an accessory on the '09. It's a small LCD screen incorporated into the review mirror and displays the image from a rear mounted camera:

Image courtesy Nissan USA

BTW, Gentex makes the mirrors for Nissan. The technology for the rearview cameras was shown awhile back.

http://www.mitocorp.com/auto-d....htmlInformation courtesy MITOCorp, Gentex distributor in the US.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

philipa_240sx wrote:The rearview monitor is interesting. Nissan currently offers it as an accessory on the '09. It's a small LCD screen incorporated into the review mirror and displays the image from a rear mounted camera:

Image courtesy Nissan USA

BTW, Gentex makes the mirrors for Nissan. The technology for the rearview cameras was shown awhile back.

http://www.mitocorp.com/auto-d....htmlInformation courtesy MITOCorp, Gentex distributor in the US.
I think this is the next item, after the ABS system and xenon lights, to move from the expensive cars through "options on some cars" to "mounted in serie on every models".For example, in Canada, It is factory installed on every new Prius except the basic model (Strangely, it is not mounted on either American or European Prius, as it seems Toyota push the customers to get the nav system to get the back up camera). Kudos to Toyota Canada to do it on their models.

It is starting to be less and less expensive and it is a great safety feature. Having a Rogue and a Honda Odyssey and a fast moving toddler, I am talking by experience.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I hear you, I really want this on my car but I can't justify the high cost to install one now, it really makes me nervous backing out of the driveway with kids runnign around, actually the cheapest solution is probably to back in to the driveway so I can drive straight out when leaving home. Regardless, I'm jealous of the options the 2010 Rogue has vs. my 08, but I guess that's the strategy of car company's to keep you thinking you need the next best thing...I've still got at least 10 years with my current Rogue which I still think is an awesome vehicle.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I gotta admit that I actually kind of don't like how chrome door handles are now standard. I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of overlays for my Rogue since I wanted something subtle to set mine apart from the crowd, but now that I'd just be making it look like a 2010 Rogue, I don't think I'll get them. Gonna look for another way to differentiate my Rogue now.

koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Well... rear view monitoring is really nice, but way too much chrome. I'm not a fan of chrome...

Hope to see this thing one day (and before chrome but this is too late):

automatic wiperautomatic on/off lightXenon light (canadian version)Integrated GPS/screen

jvbr
Car: Rogue

I was going to pull the trigger on an '09 but was hoping the 2010 would have auto climate control. Looks like I'm out of luck. Anyone else find this annoying?

Also, am guessing that to get the in mirror backup camera you have to give up the HomeLink system?

jvbr

Pescakl1

jvbr wrote:Also, am guessing that to get the in mirror backup camera you have to give up the HomeLink system?

jvbr
Not necessary, Gentex makes models with both features (You can have also one with Bluetooth with incoming number appearing on the mirror, etc...).It will depend what Nissan decided to choose for the Rogue.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

I have 2 autos with automatic climate control and 3 without it, and it makes absolutely no difference to me whether they have it or not. You will adjust either one at the same rate.

The Rogue's HVAC controls are easy to use, The A/C is very effective and I don't miss the automatic stuff ...... I like to be in control.

Now the automatic headlight absence......... this is just stupid on Nissan's part!

Ray

Ryepow

I'm kind of surprised they are not offering a new color or two.

philipa_240sx

Ryepow wrote:I'm kind of surprised they are not offering a new color or two.
We are only in the 3rd model year of the Rogue. It's not surprising there are so few changes. Actually, the only 'all-new' feature is the chrome door handles.

If Nissan keeps with their typical product cycle (who knows given the current state of auto sales), we should be seeing a mild 'refresh' of the Rogue next year.

kerrton

I agree about the headlights, but one thing that they did right was leave out that ridiculous auto climate control. I've driven a lot of vehicles with this feature, and it is nothing but a pain and definately isn't what I'd call auto, you end up fiddling with it just as much or even more than with normal controls. It's just addded complexity and cost to a vehicle, and it sounds really cool so lots of people decide they want it, but most people I know agree that it's a waste. Not everyone will agree with me on this one but I'm glad Nissan left it out. Auto wipers on the other hand is very useful and well worth the added cost.

Pescakl1

Auto-headlights, auto-wipers, retractable exterior mirrors are all almost in series on european cars now.And as all automatic stuff, I usually don't like it as you lose control.When I see cars lighting up when going in a short therefore with quite enough light tunnel to be turned off right after, I find it:

As for wipers, I use them less than a normal person as I dislike the noise of the wipers when there is not enough water, pissing off my wife which as contrario, use them all the time, even when it is sunny . In the end, I believe, nobody will be happy with the rate the manufacturer will choose.

The good thing with all this is that you don't lose all control, as you are allowed not to select the auto feature. So, it is better to be free of charge .

Leo2005

It's a good thing about chrome handles that it is standard now but I also want the chrome bowl insert under the handle especially when this part got scratched. Some people will say that this is too much chrome but everybody have their own opinion. Right now I don't see any aftermarket chrome bowl for Rogue but yesterday I ordered for qashqai. We'll see if it fits.

kerrton

I like the options package for the Altima much better, too bad the Rogue couldn't have the same, with the SL model you get things that aren't even available in the Rogue SL, or not in any trim level, like lumbar support speed sensitive volume control, and dual zone climate control, homelink garage door opener, center console rear passenger vents, not to mention the 6-speed manual tranny. However, the SL 2.5 Altima is quite expensive, when I built it on the internet it ended up being more than I paid for my Rogue SL, so I guess the Rogue's price reflects the absense of some of these items. Here's the complete Altima SL options list:

Power sliding glass moonroof with tilt featureLeather seating surfacesPower driver’s seat lumbar supportLeather-wrapped shift knobBose® audio system with AM/FM/in-dash 6-CD changer with nine speakersMP3/WMA playback capabilityXMTM Satellite Radio1Radio Data System (RDS)Speed-sensitive volume controlBluetooth® Hands-Free Phone SystemDual-zone Automatic Climate Control (ACC)HomeLink® universal garage-door openerAuto-dimming rearview mirror with compassCentre console rear passenger ventsIlluminated centre consoleTextured metallic-tone trim (Charcoal interior)

kerrton

Would anybody be excited if the Rogue were available with the 6-speed manual?

I know I would, I know it'll never happen but if it did it would drive me crazy because I'd want to trade my 08 in for a new one with 6-speed, although I don't mind the CVT I'd much prefer the manual.

Leo2005

Well I agree partially on that except if u add premium package to rogue u will get bout the same price as sl altima. Sl for altima is like prem. Pckg. For rogue. At least u get awd for rogue that is not available on altima. Can u imagine if altima would be awd so it could compete with Subaru? What bout the cost? Awd altima would probably cost another $4k more. So in my opinion it is hard compare rogue and alti caz it is 2 different cars.

kerrton

Well you have a point, I'm just annoyed that my rogue doesn't have lumbar support and rear passenger vents on the console (those floor vents REALLY suck, console vents like most of the Rogue competitors work so much better), among other things - I mean Nissan offers this in their other cars like the Altima and these two things in particular don't seem like they should be expensive options, just good design and common sense.

Even if you buy the Rogue premium package these options and the others I mentioned above are not even available - no amount of cash will get you these things.

But the Rogue Premium Pack does have trailer hitch pre-wiring that does not exist (SCAM!!), 2 luggage hooks and driver's seat back pocket (wow, now you're talking PREMIUM luxury), center console tray (oooh, now I'm really getting excited).....the list goes on, I mean that package is insulting becuase it is missing the good stuff that I mentioned above and is full of crap like seat back pockets, mood lighting etc... It's got a few good things like steering wheel audio but you can totally tell that they were trying to cut corners, especially when you compare to the Altima SL package. That's why I got the SL front wheel drive and saved my $2300 bucks on that ridiculous package (seat back pocket, come on, they can't be serious!!!). The Altima SL package doesn't try to trick you, ALL of the items are quality and there is no filler unlike Rogue prem pack where about half the items are crap.

Modified by kerrton at 1:36 PM 7/22/2009
Modified by kerrton at 1:37 PM 7/22/2009

kerrton

.....and fold flat passenger seat, worthless paddle shifters (might be fun once in a while, but not a priority like the missing items I mentioned above), MP3 playback (huh, when I originally read this I thought it meant a hard drive for storing and playing MP3s like the Pathfinder, Murano etc have, but nope, it just means it'll play your burnt MP3 cd's, that is such crap, all my cheap cars including the Saturn did this by default but Nissan sells it as an option, that was insulting to me too), and dual illumated vanity mirros - come on, this is so ridulous I can' believe this is a premium option.

Anyway sorry to rant about this so much, but needless to say I didn't get the premium pack because it's a complete joke, most of the items aren't even what I'd call options and I think Nissan made a big mistake with that options package. I love the base options in my SL but they'd have more customers with a reasonable premium pack that acutally includes premium options.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

>>I'm just annoyed that my rogue doesn't have lumbar support

+1

Its ridiculous. The lumbar support in the loaded Rogue is actually very comfortable - but it also comes with a sunroof, leather seats, and all the other junk which runs up the price like mad.

I've always thought Nissan (Canada) isparticularly bad with how they wrap sets of options together. Maybe I want leather seats, but no sunroof, or vice versa. Don't know if the company has these stats, but I wonder if people on the fence (say wanting 1 of the 2 options) end up buying the package, or if they restrain.

I know I restrained, and it sounds like a few others did as well. I would have gladly paid $1000-$1500 for a few different user selectable options, just not $2500-$5000 for the whole set of them.

philipa_240sx

I didn't buy the premium pack for many of the same reasons. I just couldn't justify the extra bucks to get a few options I wanted... and many I did not.

As for the MT, I don't think you will see one in North America. Many of the MT's have also been eliminated from the Rogue's competitors over the past few years... presumably they did not sell well. Personally I love MT's but for everyday commuting, the automatic is just easier. I drove my Altima for 5 years in Toronto (Ontario, Canada) rush hour traffic. Not very fun... and the '02-06 Altima MT was not a very smooth shifting trans to begin with.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

While I'm in the US, I have every option you listed except the dual zone climate control (don't need it) and the center console HVAC vents (rarely carry rear seat passengers). While the MSRP was near $29k I have a DEAR friend that works for Nissan that shared his friends/family employee discount and got my Rogue for $24,500... at this price the Rogue is a great deal but at $29k it's edging on expensive.

I really wanted the HID headlights but you must buy the AWD to get this option and I was afraid of the AWD CVT. Paddle shifters would have been useless to me. If I want to shift gears I'll just take the Accent or the Miata out. I have the manumatic in the G35 that I NEVER use.

I do agree however that some of the "options" are very lame, and should not be listed as options at all. My 07 Hyundai Accent SE is equipped with almost everything the Rogue has, 1.6L engine, all power accessories, sunroof, 6 cd/ 6 speaker stereo, 16" alloy wheels, ABS, fog lights, auto headlights, dual sunvisor lighted mirrors, CAI, extremely high quality materials and build quality and it only cost me $14,000. I do realize however that the exchange rates of South Korea and Japan are quite different.

Ray

kerrton

Yeah that's another annoying thing, the Leather/Technology package which includes auto dimming rearview mirror and lumbar support isn't even available to FWD Rogue's, you have to purchase AWD.

So unless I shell out a few grand extra for AWD, and then another $4600 for leather/tech package, my lumbar vertibrae are screwed!!! Well that was too much of a rip off so my back has to just suffer. Stupid Nissan packages. The only thing I can say is it's not as bad as Dodge/Chrylser, they have about 6 trim levels and 29 packages meant to confuse the hell out of you so the salesman can move in and strike while you're down and get you to spend more. Ha! Nissan sucks but at least they don't suck nearly as bad as Dodge, and that's good enough for me!

HGS
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / '97 BMW 328ic

Pescakl1 wrote:
Not necessary, Gentex makes models with both features (You can have also one with Bluetooth with incoming number appearing on the mirror, etc...).It will depend what Nissan decided to choose for the Rogue.
Gentex model #50-GENK3545A has compass, homelink and rear lcd display and a list price of $729. Don't know if that is the one Nissan will use. If you already have a Gentex mirror in your Rogue (part of the SL premium pagkage I think) then this would be an easy, but expensive, substitution.

sheaitisnotso
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue

I will never buy a car with auto temp control because I hate it. Just give me the simple three dials to adjust as necessary.

philipa_240sx

There is something to said for keeping things simple.

It's funny...

I don't care for Auto CC. Meanwhile at work I install computerized temperature/climate controls for buildings. I guess after working on it all day long, I prefer the drive home to be simple and uncluttered. Just give me a simple knob and I will do the 'control'.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

We have only had one car with Auto CC and we used it on manual most of the times. Either the fan blows too high, too cold or to warm, until it reaches the preset temp. I agree 3 manual knobs will do the job.I guess I cant comment on the packages as we treated ourself and got everything.Everything is personal, but I love the paddle shifters as I use them to slow down the car rather than using the brakes. Was great in the mountains.The keyless ignition is handy, but the buttons on the doors sometimes are picky and dont work Although we had issues with the CVT currently sitting at 33000km and still love the RoguePaul

Leo2005

That thread sounds more like the thread about what do you like/dislike about Rogue now.

momincharge
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

I can't stand CC,...i like to be in control of how hot or cold i am ..( i like the seat warmers on and sunroof open in April, here in Boston)but auto headlights would have been a great addition to this amazing car...i went from a toyota that had auto lights to the rogue w/none

Leo2005

momincharge wrote:auto headlights would have been a great addition to this amazing car...i went from a toyota that had auto lights to the rogue w/none
I think Rogue has auto-off option at least. No luxury option of turning them on automatically but at least something. A few days ago I went to the restaurant and left parking lights on for fun because I have leds everywhere and they won't discharge the battery for such a short time. When I came back to the car (in about 45 min) the lights were off. So all I did just turned headlights off and back on and they were working again. Not sure how many people at this forum know about it but I didn't.

Pescakl1

I think the delay is 30 minutes, from what I remember.It is there to prevent to deplete the battery.

But it could be less for some as when I work on my lighting, sometimes, I have to close all doors and open them again to get the power back.

Return to “Rogue Forum”