Zymol Titanium Wax

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

So I bit the bullet and paid out the $$$ for some Zymol Titanium wax. You have to buy HD Cleanse to pretreat the paint before you apply the wax. Total cost of both was just over $100 after 10% off and free shipping.

Holy crap. It is worth every penny and then some. The sheeting effect is absolutely awesome. A seagull dumped his load, and most of it ran off and hit the ground. 90% of his bomb sheeted off completely. Washing is a snap. Nothing sticks to the paint, at all. I did use two coats of wax. There is enough in the 8oz container to last for I would guess 8-10 wax coats, depending on the size of your car.

Applying the wax is different than your standard wax. Most of the waxes you get from the local auto parts store have about 20% carnauba wax by volume. The Titanium is 51% carnauba wax by volume. Having this high a carnauba content makes application a little tricky.

You have to melt the wax between your hands and apply with your hands. It will not apply properly via a towel, or pad. This particular wax, you don't let it dry to a haze. Once it is dried to a haze, it is like buffing concrete off your paint. After about 90 seconds of sit time, just before it starts to haze over, wipe it clean. It's best after you finish to go back through and hand buff the car with a towel to give it an awesome shine.

Here are some pics. Most are after pics, but there are a few before and afters.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 19b83bb828

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

I saw couple of video's and it looks good, maybe better than Collinite 476S. How does it do in the rain?

Man is this forum dead or what!

NismoR1
Car: Nismo 370Z

Yeah the way the Zymol beads and sheets water is unbelievable... I like using two coats of sealant underneath 3x of Zymol. Awesome protection + the wet look for months :cool:

Return to “Detailing Forum”