Your Turbo System & SAFC Settings

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

scrapey wrote:
whats ur in and out?
Don't bump old posts for a question that has been answered many times. Also, if you need to, make a new thread. The reason I say this is because many of thses guys aren't active on Nico anymore.

WD

s13ruffslider
Car: 93 240 coupe soon to be 5spd

hey guys im guna be going turbo soon and i just wana get my s*** straight about the safc before i go order crazy.im not going with any crazy setup just a t28 @7psi with a fmic and an atmospheric bov and ive herd u have to tune with the safc if you ran an atm bov.is that true and would i nead to tune with that basic of a setup??? :confused:

SiDwAyZ240
Car: 95' SR Slayer, '02 LT Tahoe, '03 Chev Express is the DD

man your bumping a 4 year old post. I'm pretty sure what your asking is answered in the sticky KAT FAQ. In short SAFC won't do anything for a atmospheric bov as far as I know. It's all about the MAF, draw through or blow through. The SAFC would be needed if you don't have any other way for controlling larger injectors to support the t28 but there are a few ways around that too.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Have the BOV vent back to the system or run the MAF in a blow-thru setup. The SAFC can be used to assist with idle control, but the best bet is what I suggested.

WD

neverlift

recirc fo life, I have had countless types of bov, in countless draw/blow thru configurations and recirced was the best, currently using freddy bov recirced, hot sided.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”