Your Dealer Experience

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

Here in Canada almost every dealership has 0% financing at one time or another. When I bought my Versa it was 0.9% so that is what I got when I financed through them.My younger brother got 0% when he purchased his SE-R in Sept 09, as that was the deal they were offering at the time. The % is not based on your credit. As long as you are approved you get the % they are offering.

WeirdFishes

My term is for 24 months, so 3.89% isn't too bad. Plus, I have very average credit.

WeirdFishes

GFresh wrote:You must have fantastic credit. Mine was about a 703 because I was pretty foolish with credit cards when I was younger and spent 5 years rectifying the issue, which got me 6% APR. Nissan offered me 18% APR, but I think they're on controlled substances.
:

18% APR? I'm shocked they didn't just ask for your soul. Or a loved one.

GFresh
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL 1.8

Nissan Dealership D-Bag wrote:With your credit score you're lucky it's only 18%. I'm going to have to really work some magic with these numbers to get you that deal.
He wouldn't lie to me.

Riles
Car: Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback

Dealership: Lynnes Nissan West, Inc., Stanhope, NJDate of Purchase: May 22, 2009Make: VersaModel: 2009 Versa 1.8 SL HBTrim: SLNew/Used: NewOptions: Comfort and Convenience, AM/FM 6-disk CD, Cruise ControlPrice before trade in: $17,180 plus tax (Also received rebates)Salesman: KristianDo you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: NoDid you feel pressured: NoDo you feel you received a good deal: YesWould you go back: YesOverall Score (0-10): 10

Comments: Great, professional dealership. Kristian is a real gentleman. I actually had a signed deal on a Versa at another dealership, Denville Nissan on Route 10 in Denville, NJ, which is closer to my home. Very bad experience there. When I went with my husband to pick up the car the general manager said he could not let the car off the lot for the price the salesman gave us, which we had a signed contract. So we went to Lynnes Nissan West which is a bit further from home, but it turned out Lynnes is a really great place, very top-notch service and friendly people. I would advise anyone to stay away from Denville Nissan. What a bad experience that was. The general manager is very rude and unprofessional, and a lot of other things.

frysterio
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Dealership: 401-Dixie Nissan, Mississauga, OntarioDate of Purchase: June 2008Make: NissanModel: VersaTrim: SLNew/Used: NewOptions: Tech packagePrice before trade in: 24,500 (taxes, etc)Salesman: Melady ______ , No longer employed there two weeks later after my versa remote entry acted funny.Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: YesDid you feel pressured: YesDo you feel you received a good deal: NoWould you go back: NoOverall Score (0-10): 2

Comments: Gas tank was not full, only half. Mileage was recorded wrong. Remote entry failed within 1 week of ownership. Salesperson was no longer employed there within 1 week of purchase. Did not receive incentives offered (No Pay for 100 days... First payment was charged less than 30 days after purchase) Beware of this s***ty dealership!

Scudder
Car: 2010 Versa 1.8s HB

Dealership: Capitol City Nissan-Chamblee GADate of Purchase: March 2010Make: NissanModel: VersaTrim: S HBNew/sUsed: NewOptions: Floor MatsTotal Price before trade in: $11,750 OTD (after 1,250 cash back)Salesman: Rick ChadDo you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: YesDid you feel pressured: YesDo you feel you received a good deal: YesWould you go back: YesOverall Score (0-10): 8

My wife made the offer, refused to budge and threatened to go buy a Hyundai.

Verstupidity

Dealership: River City NissanDate of Purchase: Summer 2008Make: NissanModel: VersaTrim: New/Used: NewOptions: SPrice before trade in: $16,800Salesman:Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: NoDid you feel pressured: NoDo you feel you received a good deal: NoWould you go back: NoOverall Score (0-10): 1

Comments/Story: I have nothing but contempt for River City Nissan and their business practices. My better half had made her mind up after months of agonizing deliberations and the Versa was the choice. The salesman recognized this and popped the fate sealing question, "Which is your favorite color?" We decided to finance the purchase and scored a decent rate of 0.9%(hence the one). However the approval process gave me some nagging doubts, in hindsight is 100% my fault for not halting at that point, nowhere did we sign or consent in written form what vechicle we were purchasing. At no time was there a total value being committed to or what that value was attached too. The salesman promoted the new transmission, CVT, and all the bank changing benefits it would grant and went over the options we would receive. We arrived the next day to sign papers and receive our car. A manager brought us into his office and we payed a couple thousand down. Then we payed a few more in options we had no choice over such as freight fees, handling fees, theft protection etching, contract fees and administrative fees. The loan had already been processed and due to the situation I ate the extra costs. All told the loan came out to 21,000 after 2,000 down, we were getting a loaded power package minus Cruise and ABS. That was the only difference between that S and SL on the back or so we were told. This was Nissan, not a used car lot. I'm shaking my head too right now. A month later after not being able to find out details from the salesman on our model differences I ran into an Versa SL owner and he casually mentioned the differences. I raced home and ran the serial numbers off the door of the car and found out what a SUCKER I had been. Lesson learned, expensively I should add. I went back to the dealership and mentioned the fact the salesman had lied and mislead us. Nothing was done, I complained to Nissan Canada in vain as well. Since then it has been a battle to obtain decent human service. The car needed a wheel alignment after only a few thousand Km's. I brought it in for warranty. The service department refused to do it. I had to stick the owner's manual under the managers nose and make him read the part where it says what I was entitled to. Later that day when I picked the car up I was told I had to pay for half of the alignment. Nissan was not going to pay for it so I would have to cover half the costs. I refused flat out and left. The next time the car went in for maintenance things went smoothly. The time after that my other half was the one to take it in, I warned her about the upselling they would attempt but she assured me an oil change was all she would get. The bastards at that service desk told her if she wanted the warranty of the vechicle to stay valid she would have to get a much more expensive package this time. She had no choice and payed a small fortune to have someone check all fluid lvls and tire pressure and a general checkup on the BRAND NEW CAR. I was furious. I also complained to Nissan Canada. The last straw was when I took it in for warranty issues about the windows rolling down very slowly. The car was scratched on the rear fender slightly from something in the shop, I didnt do my walkaround until I arrived back at home though and that was their saving grace, "It never happened here it must have been after u left." Nissan Canada got a phonecall and a survey this time. I havent been back there since but my warranty is getting close to the end and there are issues popping up. I've seen a 30 year old hondamatic equipped with a choke run smoother. Certain RPM's in the 2600-2900 make even larger engine type noise than normal. An odd knocking noise comes from the drivers side when it starts. Windows roll up extremely slow and to top it off something in the dash has come loose and the thing rattles over every bump and crack in the road. Loudly. Im still bitter that I got so easily taken but it's a good lesson to learn young. I chalk many aspects up to inexperience on my part. As for the morally lacking practices and outright opportunistic and deceitful methods employed by this dealership? I'm sure I'm not the first. However, there is a silver lining in it all, my other half LOVES the nice blue car we got.....

VersaJerz
Car: 2007 Versa S Hatch

Dealership: Meadowlands Nissan - Rutherford, NJDate of Purchase: November 2008Make: NissanModel: VersaTrim: S Hatch 6 speedNew/Used: USEDOptions: No cruise Price before trade in: $10,900Salesman: Don't rememberDo you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: YES Did you feel pressured: YESDo you feel you received a good deal: YESWould you go back: NOOverall Score (0-10): 2Comments: $500 off internet coupon not honored (conditions were met; read it 5 times). Gave me pennies for a good trade in ($350 Elantra GT w/ 100K in fair condition). Blew my interest rate on the loan for no reason (8.2% w/ +770 credit score). Waited just short of 3 hours waiting for car to go through detail AFTER papers signed. Salesman came to check on me twice but didn't seem so concerned I was still sitting there for so long. My first dealer and finanace experience...went alone...learned A TON.

ridderstalpers
Car: 2010 Versa S HB

Dealership:OC NIssan
Date of Purchase:05/23/10
Make:Nissan
Model:Versa
Trim:S
New/Used:New
Options:Auto,Slash Guards, Power Plus Package, Carpeted Mats,Paint and Interior protection
Price before trade in:$15675
Salesman:Mike Millazo
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership:No
Did you feel pressured:No
Do you feel you received a good deal:Maybe, could have done better but under the circumstances I can't complain
Would you go back:Yes
Overall Score (0-10):9
They wanted to put me in a car and worked until we reached an acceptable price and payments. Now to start with tint, wheels and tires

daan
Car: 08 S base

Dealership: Kline Nissan, Maplewood MN
Date of Purchase: March 2008
Make: Nissan
Model: Versa
Trim: S
New/Used: New (first new car for me, yay)
Options: none
Price before trade in: $12,800
Salesman: Can't remember
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: no, but it did take them almost 2 weeks to find me the color/lack of options I wanted, and my car had almost 400 miles on it when I got it.
Did you feel pressured: not at all
Do you feel you received a good deal: mostly
Would you go back: yes
I've had the car back for several things (fuel pump X2, wind leak/noise X3, AC not working X3) and I can't believe I'm actually considering buying another one of these things when the whole point of buying it in the first place was "a new car that won't have to get worked on as much as the POS I just got rid of ". :confused:

ViceIntruder
Car: Nissan Verza 2007

Bought mine in Nissan NY and they have a great flexible payment terms.

JunRaymond
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa SL

Dealership: Hudson Nissan (Jersey City)
Date of Purchase: July 2010
Model: 2010 Versa
Trim: SL Hatchback
New/Used: New
Options: Premium & Sport Package
Price before trade in: None
Salesman: Johnny Bayani
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: Yes
Did you feel pressured: No
Do you feel you received a good deal: Yes
Would you go back: Yes
Overall Score (0-10): 8
The dealer gave us $1500+ discount but gave us 5 years to pay at 15%. We were declined by 4 banks because we don't have enough Credit Points/History on our bank accounts since we just moved-in here in the US last October 2009.

ADOversa
Car: 2008 Versa S 6MT Hatch, 2005 Chevy 3500 LWB

Dealership: Plaza Nissan (Hamilton, ONT)
Date of Purchase: 2008
Did you feel pressured: Yes. I was young (21) and stupid and should have walked away.
Do you feel you received a good deal: No, he took advantage of my age and ripped me
Would you go back: Absolutely not
Overall Score (0-10): negative 10. 0 would not do how I feel justice.

Comments: Salesman asked me for a $1000 deposit on my visa, so he could "locate the car I wanted"... meaning the options package and colour. I give it to him, check my online banking, see that it has gone through, then a week later I go in and nothing... and I do mean nothing (other than $1000 being charged to my visa) had been done yet. That ticked me off a bit, but I still went through with it. I questioned about it and the salesman made me feel like an a**, saying things like "Well its just standard practice but if you don't like it you can leave." Looking back I have been too nice about what is probably an alignment issue, and now that the alignment warranty is over all of the sudden the issue they had always said didn't exist (funny, another mechanic told me it definitely did have something wrong) is an issue that needs taking care of and... oops looks like your past warranty. They did however offer me a deal on the repair if I bought a set of tires from them :rotflmao . Also, 4 days since the service and I still have not received a call from their customer service people asking me if I was satisfied with the last service... interesting. Also, the service people speak to me as if I am an idiot, and seemed annoyed that I would ask to go along for the test drive.
Last edited by ADOversa on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kev333d
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL 1.8
Alloy Rims
Navigation
Satellite Radio
Espresso Black

Dealership: PINE BELT NISSAN, TOMS RIVER, NJ
Date of Purchase: 10/28/10
Make: Nissan Versa
Model: SL 1.8
Trim:SL
Options: Navigation, Satellite Radio, Floor Mats
Price before trade in: 18,610
Salesman: Dustin
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: Hell, No , they let me leave and think about the purchase.
Did you feel pressured: No Way
Do you feel you received a good deal: Hell Yes
Would you go back: Hell YEs
Overall Score (0-10): 10

Comments: Bought this car for work, I do a lot of stop and go driving in and around town, this car has a nice CVT transmission and the gas mileage seems good, the brochure says 400 mile per tank, I have 287 mile on my Versa so far and the gas empty light is on. Like I said I do a lot of stop and go, mostlikely if I went on a 400 mile highway road trip this thing would be sipping gas. The beauty of the CVT is the smooth ride, no spilled coffee.

force78
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL

Quote »

Dealership: Premier Nissan of San jose
Date of Purchase: 10/31/2010
Make: Versa
Model: 1.8 Hatchback
Trim: SL
Options: Navigation, Satellite radio, floor mats
Price before trade in: 17,000
Salesman: Tony
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: No
Would you go back: Definitely
Overall Score (0-10): 10

Comments: I was looking for a commute car to replace a Saturn which was giving me mechanical trouble. The initial sales lady turned me over to the internet sales manager, Tony. As it turned out, he and I went to high school together. He worked real hard finding me the car I wanted. Also, I test drove a Juke while I waited. Talk about a fun car to drive !

ADOversa
Car: 2008 Versa S 6MT Hatch, 2005 Chevy 3500 LWB

Heres an update to mine...

I have another problem with the car. After I explained it over the phone they told me no, it will not be covered under warranty, without even looking at the vehicle! My next call was to Nissan Canada to aprise them of the situation.

I was too nice before and let them walk all over me. I don't know if they genuinely don't give a crap about their CSI or what, but all my friends are aware of the situation and a few have chose to drive to a dealership further away and buy from them rather than deal with them based on my experiences.

jojo104
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S Hatch

Dealership: Peruzzi Nissan
Date of Purchase: September 2011
Options: None
Total Price before trade in: $15,500
Salesman: Tim Grey
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: Yes
Did you feel pressured: Yes
Do you feel you received a good deal: No
Would you go back: No
Overall Score (0-10): 5

Agreed on a price and when we went to sign the sales agreement, I was given the original price of the car ($16,900), NOT the negotiated price ($15,500). The finance mgr became annoyed that we refused to sign the papers and stormed out muttering to himself. Our salesman came in, I calmly replied this is not what we agreed on. He said "hmm" and then walked out of the office. The finance mgr came back in, clearly aggitated that he had to reprint ALL the paperwork due to the #'s being WRONG.

He gave us the reprinted agreement and the purchase price was wrong AGAIN. I told him again the #'s were wrong and he nearly lost it. I could hear him freaking out in the hallway, so I loudly said, "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, IF THEY CAN'T GIVE ME THE NUMBER WE AGREED ON, I AM WALKING OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!" At this point, the finance manager was so angry, he had to have someone else finish our paperwork. Not to mention, he was on his cell phone the entire time we were in his office, texting back and forth with someone.

I felt like they tried to take advantage of me and luckily I was paying attention, had I not been I would have paid an extra $2k. All in all, I LOVE my car, but definitely won't be taking it to Peruzzi Nissan for service, nor would I buy a car there again!

blade42
Car: 2010 Versa S 6sp Hatchback.

Dealership: King Windward Nissan
Date of Purchase: July 2010
Model: Versa Hatch
Trim: S 6sp MT
Options: Power package
Total Price before trade in: $13,995 cash OTD
Salesman: Forgot
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: No
Overall Score (0-10): 9

At this point we are no nonsense customers. After a bit of haggling we gave them what we wanted to pay including taxes, title and whatever other charges there are then asked for a yes or no. The salesman asked to be excused and came back with a yes. We arraigned payment with our bank and drove home that day.

jdcnosse
Car: 2007 Versa S Sedan

Dealership: Watson Chevrolet, Tucson, AZ
Date of Purchase: November 14, 2012
Model: Versa Sedan
New/Used: Used
Options: Base
Price before trade in: $11,000
Salesman: Rocky
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: For purchasing this car...no, we spent maybe 5 hours total there I think, from test drive to signing the papers.
Did you feel pressured: No this was one thing I really liked about them. We had gone to them originally because another dealership who has a monopoly on this town wouldn't work with us. After finding out what we qualified for, we originally were going to go with a different car (cheaper but more miles). We signed the paperwork and everything, however when they sent the paperwork to the financer they made a mistake, and we actually weren't qualified for that car with our down payment. They then showed us two cars they thought we might qualify for, and one of them was the Nissan. My girlfriend and her mom both fell in love with the car; it took me awhile to get used to it though because I've never had an import before.
Do you feel you received a good deal: For the most part yes.
Would you go back: Yeah, absolutely. They were willing to work with us and our not so great credit. Even though they're a Chevy dealer, I'd still check their inventory first.

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Dealership: Ancira Nissan, San Antonio TX
Date of Purchase: Sept. 7, 2014
Model: Versa Note
Options: Floor mats, splash guards
Price before trade in: $11,700 (no trade-in) and no kidding
Salesman: Eyan Evans
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: Of course
Do you feel you received a good deal: Absolutely
Overall Score (0-10): 8

Comments: Dealer is overstocked, especially in the S trim. They had a sale, I made a ridiculous offer of $12,900 out the door, and they accepted it. Had to wait 3 hours for financing, and navigate the usual BS. Busy day, apparently.

Alan_nc
Car: 2016 Versa Note SV

Dealership: Here is a different one (Bought it from Avis)
Date of Purchase: 1/28/2016
Model: Versa Note
Trim: SV Auto
New/Used: Used 2016 (about 4 months old)
Options: Cruise, a/c, power mirrors, power windows, power locks, CVT
Price before trade in: $12,100
Salesman:
Do you feel you spent an unreasonable amount of time at the dealership: none - internet/phone

Comments: Did a lot of car comparison on the Internet prior to contacting anyone. Both Avis and Hertz had several of the current year cars. Wanted something that still had at least a year on the warranty (car has 22,000 miles). There is no Hertz sales office near me and they won't bring the car to you. I went on the Avis web site, picked a car and Avis brought the car to a pick-up point about 5 miles from my house. I rented it for 3 days to check it out (free). Took it to a mech and did a carfax on it. Emailed someone in TX (I'm in NC) said I would take it. We agreed on a price (price is fixed but you can bring up condition issues that will lower the price). Paperwork was sent to me in the mail to sign and return.

I may have an update on this later but so far....so good.

Return to “Versa General Chat”