Y33 Sunroof Adjustment Procedure?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
MotoMan81
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45t (Y33)

Hello everyone newbie owner here with a '99 Q45 touring. I need some help regarding how to adjust the sunroof..
my sunroof operates and functions just fine opens and closes everything is normal however it will not close in the correct position. It just doesn't quite tilt up high enough and it allows a gap that allows wind to buff it. If I push up from the bottom it has some slack in it like it's loose but I took everything apart as far as I could see inside the sunroof area and it tightened every single screw and nut in the bracket and the track from the top and bottom I could find.
on the research I did to try to find a solution for this I found two possible solutions:
#1) there is supposed to be some sort of limit switch in the access panel where the sunroof motor is to adjust the location of when and where the sunroof closes in what position. I was not able to find this anywhere. However I did find thecenter shaft that manually you can open and close the sunroof using an allen wrench through the center of it. I was initially excited because I could take an Allen wrench and adjust an open and close the sunroof and adjust it that closed it to the proper location... Only to find out that what the moment I open and close the sunroof with the switch it just went back to the same location and never saved it. You can see in the photo The location that I circled in red of this adjusting shaft... But I do not see anywhere a adjustment for limit switch of any sort. :gotme
#2) I found a Nissan factory OEM service repair manual online that mentions the solution for this is to install body shims under the glass in the brackets of the sunroof.... it appears as his plausible as it appears there are already shims in the sunroof now under the glass possibly there from the factory when it was originally installed but I have not tried this as this option seems much more difficult and complicated. you can see from the other photo that I uploaded of these shims that you can see.

doesn't even have any advice which of these solutions or is there a third one that I'm not thinking of and not aware of that would work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :dblthumb:
Attachments
IMG_20200501_201117~2.jpg
IMG_20200501_200916.jpg
IMG_20200501_200953~2-01.jpg

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to Nico! If you haven't found the factory service manuals at www.infinitiservicemanual.com you should definitely check that out. If you manually move the sunroof with an allen wrench, can you get it to the correct position?

MotoMan81

Thanks for the reply.... I probably didn't explain it very clearly in my original post but yes... I can move it into the correct position with the allen wrench but it doesn't stay there... The next time you move the sunroof with the switch, it goes back and closes to the last position.

Q451990 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:24 am
:welcome: to Nico! If you haven't found the factory service manuals at www.infinitiservicemanual.com you should definitely check that out. If you manually move the sunroof with an allen wrench, can you get it to the correct position?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

So from looking at the FSM, It looks like you would set the motor at the fully closed position. Remove the motor. Adjust the sunroof to the fully closed position. Then reinstall the motor. It appears that the limit switches aren't adjustable, so you have to adjust the sunroof to it. You can check out page BT-37 to see what I'm referring to.

MotoMan81

Thank you! I'll give it a shot and report back for anyone else that could use this same help

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”