Y33 Power Rear Sunshade Stuck- Just buzzes

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
MotoMan81
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45t (Y33)

Hello man everyone...for those looking at the recent threads you'll see that I am posting several new ones as I'm a new owner of a 1999 Q45 Touring that I'm trying to resolve a few issues.

This one involves the power rear sunshade.. The shade worked for the first two weeks that I owned the car last fall just fine but then all the sudden I went to try to lower it after had been up for a while and it just grinds and buzzes very loudly but doesn't attempt to or try or move at all it's still stuck in the up position. this isn't the end of the world as if all else fails I'd rather it be stuck up and I can still see through it if that is how it has to be but I'd like to see if I can possibly fix it. I've attached a video hopefully it gets attached anyway of what happens when I try to open or close it it doesn't seem to matter if I try to help it along by pushing the shade down when the it's buzzing it seems to just be stuck there no matter what.

The arm and the springs Ben just fine I can manually lower it down just normal it just doesn't seem that anything is engaging that actually is trying to pull it down other than just hearing some sort of grinding buzzing noise.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQ4bTx6iX9HG42qr8?

I have not disassembled anything to inspect whatever's happening back there yet.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”