Y33 Master Window Switch

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
fgy33AE97ek
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 Anniversary Edition

Hey guys! New to the forum and this’ll be my first question. Can anyone provide guidance to replacing this switch? Any info I can find is primarily for 1st and 3rd gen, or is directly related to replacing the regulator. I’ve already got my replacement switch and just want to know the method EXACTLY so I don’t break the wood grain... gotta keep and swap that piece to the new switch. Thanks in advance!

fgy33AE97ek

Anybody? Anybody? I'm not lookin' to just start picking my car apart because I know firsthand how difficult it is to source parts for this thing. It just took all summer long to rebuild hubs, source a solid brake upgrade, all in the name of slammin' it to the ground! I finally got it back (love the low life!) and my drivers window starts acting up... UGH!

So my inquiry spawns with my desire to NOT remove door panel if unnecessary. will the armrest pop off with the removal of the screw that's inside the pocket? does the wood grain switch panel then just pry upward and slide backward on the "hinge" clip" that's on the underside of the wood grain panel forward of the mirror controls? you may be able to tell, I've already got the replacement switch, and I'm now praying its not actually the window regulator!

Anyways, happy Labor Day weekend! I'm hoping to hear from somebody soon! Thanks!

Ludeaem
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE

Download the service manual from this site (see header) but imagine if you're just doing the switch all you'd need are some nylon pry tools. Almost all cars I've taken the door panels off of the main switchgear is popped first. I have not taken the Q's door panel off yet though so can't guarantee that.

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

Here ya go!

fgy33AE97ek

LOLOL Thanks guys! I found that very diagram in th tech pages of th 99 model year... 2000 kept showing an error...? just took alil diggin! Thanks for your patience and your responses... I’m gonna tackle it today I think, and PRAY it’s not my regulator!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”