/// www.240SXTECHDVDS.org JDS Performance's 240sx Tech DVDs

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
JDS Performance

mikep1745 wrote:hey please get ahold of me if you get a video on how to do a right hand drive conversion. my email is- [email protected]
I highly doubt it will ever come out - you will need to know how to fabricate to do a RHD conversion - basic cutting and welding - and if you know how to do all that a RHD conversion should be no problem at all.

All you have to do is cut out the LHD firewall - weld in the RHD firewall - and swap in all the RHD parts. Its pretty straight forward - its the work (labor) thats the hard part.

implicits14
Car: 07 Altima 3.5SE

hey bro i was going over your auto to manual dvd and it doesnt really go into any details as far as transmission harness what needs to be hardwired to where? if there is no manual harness. Also where did you get all the bolts for the swap? i cant seem to find them anywhere and the person i bought the"complete swap" from didnt include them.

JDS Performance

implicits14 wrote:hey bro i was going over your auto to manual dvd and it doesnt really go into any details as far as transmission harness what needs to be hardwired to where? if there is no manual harness. Also where did you get all the bolts for the swap? i cant seem to find them anywhere and the person i bought the"complete swap" from didnt include them.
Well its wasnt a complete swap then.

Get them from someone on the forums - I am getting bolt kits together to sale myself but havent completed the bellhousing bolts yet - the rest you can get from my site.

The video does go into what to wire up - I used the auto tranny harness on the video and cut the 5th, netrual and reverse connctors off the 5 speed tranny harness - which insted of the 5 speed connectors you can just hardwire them.

If you have my DVD its chapters 46 - 57 that all have to do with wiring.

You can download the Chapter Layouts from my site as well - click on whatever DVD you got and on the top of the page there will be buttons you can choose from.

You might be confused somewhere?

Using the auto tranny harness you get to keep the Speed Sensor Connector, O2 Sensor Connector, the crank angle sensor sub harness connector (you can use the auto crank angle sensor too) and behind the fuse box - you get to use the wiring for the reverse sensor (but you have to get the connector off a 5 speed harness or just hardwire it).The only (2) left are the 5th position switch - which you dont hookup if you use a auto ECU and you dont have to use on a 5 speed either if you dont want. I go into all that in the video.And the the Neutral Position SwitchWhich they both run to the ECU and I go into that as well in the video.

I also go into wiring up the ASCD Clutch Cancel Switch in the video.

So I am not sure why you say it doesent go into detail abotu wiring the harness? Maybe you just skipped over the DVD and didnt watch it fully?

LMK if you need more help - thats why I am here doing this.

implicits14
Car: 07 Altima 3.5SE

thx im just alittle confused about the wiring harness i thought just using the manual one would bolt up. I mean its a kick a** dvd but thats the last part of the swap im on and the one im having issues with.

JDS Performance

implicits14 wrote:thx im just alittle confused about the wiring harness i thought just using the manual one would bolt up. I mean its a kick a** dvd but thats the last part of the swap im on and the one im having issues with.
Yeah get rid of the 5 speed harnesses and use the auto ones - just get the needed connectors off the 5 speed tranny harness to put on the auto tranny harness and call it a day.
Modified by JDS Performance at 3:25 PM 7/29/2009

okisrniju
Car: 180SX (SR20DET)

shizz, I'm gonna have to lool these monsters up. Maybe I'll snag some here shortly!

JDS Performance

yeah man LMK!

JDS Performance

///New DVD///

Part 1 of a 5 part DVD set!

KA24DE TEAR DOWN DVDhttp://www.240sxtechdvds.org/w....html
Modified by JDS Performance at 6:26 PM 9/24/2009
Last edited by JDS Performance on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiimelvin
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX Hatch
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch

Does the SR20DET swap DVD also cover the removal of the KA24DE? Also does it cover the SR20DET wiring? Or do I need to purchase all 3 separately?

Thanks in advance!

JDS Performance

hiimelvin wrote:Does the SR20DET swap DVD also cover the removal of the KA24DE? Also does it cover the SR20DET wiring? Or do I need to purchase all 3 separately?

Thanks in advance!
Yes that is 3 seperate DVDS - but at my website I have a bundled price for all 3 - its on the SR20DET Swap Page. - Check it out - http://www.240SXTECHDVDS.org - LMK if you need anything.

hiimelvin
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX Hatch
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch

JDS Performance wrote:
Yes that is 3 seperate DVDS - but at my website I have a bundled price for all 3 - its on the SR20DET Swap Page. - Check it out - http://www.240SXTECHDVDS.org - LMK if you need anything.
Ohhhh I didn't scroll all the way down lol. I think I will be getting that package, so I should just purchase it through your site? Thanks again.

JDS Performance

hiimelvin wrote:
Ohhhh I didn't scroll all the way down lol. I think I will be getting that package, so I should just purchase it through your site? Thanks again.
That would be your best way to purchase from my site.

JDS Performance

///New DVD///

Ready to ship out!

Part 2 of a 5 part DVD set!

KA24DET Turbo Motor Build DVDhttp://www.240sxtechdvds.org/w....html
Last edited by JDS Performance on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

design_flaw
Car: s13 240

I need some ka builds is there a discount for buy several how toos

JDS Performance

design_flaw wrote:I need some ka builds is there a discount for buy several how toos
Yes if you visit my website - I have Buy 2 and get the third half off.

torbell27
Car: 1998 240sx

sounds like a bargain

JDS Performance

torbell27 wrote:sounds like a bargain

tofuman
Car: 1996 nissan 240 sx se

hi i recently bought the dvd for the intake emissions removal and im kinda stumped. my 96 kade has i guess an extra valve or something on the lower manifold and i dont have a charcoal canister or anything like that, (not that i can find anyway) can anyone please help? y is my car different? im from Indiana and i bought the car in Kentucky so i dont see y it would be different.

JDS Performance

tofuman wrote:hi i recently bought the dvd for the intake emissions removal and im kinda stumped. my 96 kade has i guess an extra valve or something on the lower manifold and i dont have a charcoal canister or anything like that, (not that i can find anyway) can anyone please help? y is my car different? im from Indiana and i bought the car in Kentucky so i dont see y it would be different.
sorry never seen this post until now....

send me some pix of it I will be glad to help you out.

JDS Performance

New DVD added!

KA24DE Head Build DVD
There is a giveaway with this DVD - Check it out!
http://www.240sxtechdvds.org/KA24DE_Hea ... _Page.html

kahled
Car: altima 3.5 2009

hi hi

MacGyver1138
Car: 1996 240sx SE

I bought a couple of these DVDs recently (KA24DE teardown, and S13-14 suspension install,) and they are quite good. They are great for getting a visual on things I've only seen in text before. They also tell you specific bolt sizes for every step, as well as the proper removal/replacement orders and torque figures. The only suggestion I could make would be to have a separate step to show all the parts added and tools used, to make prep work a little easier. Otherwise, the videos are fantastic, and I will be getting more down the road.

JDS Performance

MacGyver1138 wrote:I bought a couple of these DVDs recently (KA24DE teardown, and S13-14 suspension install,) and they are quite good. They are great for getting a visual on things I've only seen in text before. They also tell you specific bolt sizes for every step, as well as the proper removal/replacement orders and torque figures. The only suggestion I could make would be to have a separate step to show all the parts added and tools used, to make prep work a little easier. Otherwise, the videos are fantastic, and I will be getting more down the road.
Thanks for the feedback!
I will try and work on the parts & tools lists on the upcoming videos as I have alot I will be finishing and doing this summer! Keep an eye out for them.

csramotorsports

I ordered 4-20-11 and still didn't receive anything. Do I need to wait longer?

JDS Performance

csramotorsports wrote:I ordered 4-20-11 and still didn't receive anything. Do I need to wait longer?
A email would be better - I sometimes dont get a email that someone posted

I have no idea where your located - I ship Friday after payment is recived - and usually takes 5-7 business days.

I am not responsible for lost, returned or stolen mail - items are shipped via USPS First Class with no insurance or tracking - so after it leaves my hands I have no idea what goes on with it.

I will help as much as I can just LMK.

csramotorsports

I'm in Augusta, Ga. I am sending you an email right now

JDS Performance

eddietaylor09 wrote:nice interesting and very informative post, thanks for sharing.
======
web design
What?

walperstyle
Car: s13 crap

Hands down the best DVD series for the S Chassis Car. I own every video so far... but am still waiting for the continued KA24DET engine build!!!

Its been forever, send that kid to the babysitters!

JDS Performance

walperstyle wrote:Hands down the best DVD series for the S Chassis Car. I own every video so far... but am still waiting for the continued KA24DET engine build!!!

Its been forever, send that kid to the babysitters!
Thanks man!!! I know you guys probably hate me for such the very long delays but you would not belive the things I have been through in the past 2 years! I have actually started my SR20DET Motor Build Series but its behind too and I have alot of sponsors waiting for those!
As for the KA Part 4 the owner (my buddy) motor has been through quite alot himself and that why its been held up but we have been talking about firing it back up and finsh this thing finally! So keep your eye peeled this summer! I might even get my full SR series done s well as my turbo rebuild and maybe more!!! :P

I seen your videos on youtube great contributions to the community!

walperstyle
Car: s13 crap

^I'm trying hard not to give what I learn from your video's online because I know you have a family to support. Hence why I've only really done some raw degreeing cams and a foolproof stock timing chain explanation. I actually want to see you do a 'how to use JWT cam gears' and 'how to degree cams vid, because yours will probably make more sense.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”