Would you buy a Versa again?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
silverarrow27

I would, but sometimes I wish I bought a manual instead of the cvt.

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

I would have liked an SL manual when I bought mine, but went with the CVT and love it. If I were doing city driving and rarely getting to 60 mph the manual might have been better, but cruising at 75 mph and 2500 rpm I can't imagine having the manual and listening to the engine whine, let alone knowing it was working so much harder for the same result. (I don't even hear the engine until 3000 rpm, which means I rarely even hear it!) Looking forward to my next Versa!

grogman
Car: 2007 versa s hb at onyx blue

i voted yes i would. but the front end would have to look more tiida-ish. i like the new tiida's front swooping lights but i don't like the rear two tone light config. the cvt versa is a must in the mountain states. the 4 at is ok in the flatter areas. my 4at's rpms are 2700 rpms @ 75 mph which is ok compared to my gf's mazda 5 which runs around 3200 rpm @ 75 mph. something wrong there. but for really the versa is probably greatest @ 4-5 people moving comfortably to their destination. for the price this car is quiet @ highway speeds. seats are comfortable and the cabin viewing is pretty good. and still after 3 years production no other car comes close for spaciousness. still cutting edge design. high resale. if i was younger and only moved a couple people once in awhile i would probably get something more sportier as a guy. but like ilumyversa forum member, she is young and loves her car. so to each his/her own i guess.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

grogman wrote:i voted yes i would. but the front end would have to look more tiida-ish. i like the new tiida's front swooping lights but i don't like the rear two tone light config. the cvt versa is a must in the mountain states. the 4 at is ok in the flatter areas. my 4at's rpms are 2700 rpms @ 75 mph which is ok compared to my gf's mazda 5 which runs around 3200 rpm @ 75 mph. something wrong there. but for really the versa is probably greatest @ 4-5 people moving comfortably to their destination. for the price this car is quiet @ highway speeds. seats are comfortable and the cabin viewing is pretty good. and still after 3 years production no other car comes close for spaciousness. still cutting edge design. high resale. if i was younger and only moved a couple people once in awhile i would probably get something more sportier as a guy. but like ilumyversa forum member, she is young and loves her car. so to each his/her own i guess.
Lol ... Yes I do LOVE my V and am young I think it looks great !

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

I think the new 2010 Mazda3 looks sexy, I'd get one instead of the V if I didn't have my car.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

Ooh ... I don't like the 2010 ... not a fan of the huge smiley face front! I think the last model looked nicer.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

iluvmyVersa08 wrote:Ooh ... I don't like the 2010 ... not a fan of the huge smiley face front! I think the last model looked nicer.
It looks weird at first but it takes time to grow on you. I guess it's suppose to be a happy and fun car to drive?

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Honestly? I'd proably save my money and buy an Altima Coupe, Mazda RX-8 or Hyundai Genesis coupe.

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

probably not. When ours got flooded in front of our house, we bought a used Jetta which is so much more responsive, better handling, nicer interior. Plus better gas mileage with the more efficient five cylinder!!! We may pay a little more for maintenance over the long haul, but we got the certified pre-owned so we have another three years of coverage. We also looked at some 2005 used Acura TSX's, but that was too nice for the kids to drive. The 2006 Jetta was the right price and not the wrong example.

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

Hell yes I would buy another one! This thing has been a blast to fix up and has become a blast to drive and throw around at the track handles great and I definitely don’t hold anybody up on the street or freeway....great throttle response/brakes...still has great gas millage....and plenty of room to fit everything in the back when needed and have met some great people at the Versa meets. Sixty thousand of trouble free miles and all at a reasonable cost...especially compared to my other rides..

redneckversa8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa sedan

Hello I am new at this. But I think I would buy a Versa again but I would def get standard. And I think I would go with a hatchback. I was never a fan of hatchbacks when I was younger but the 09 Versa Hatchbacks are pretty nice looking.

roboturner

I definitely would.

Love the color, love the performance, love the interior. The only thing I would change is I wish I had gotten a standard so my girlfriend wouldn't always be wanting to "borrow" my car (and in return, sticking me with her POS Scion).

br4dysays
Car: 06 Alti SE-R

i think i would buy again, more than likely not NEW tho. but no regrets, it'll serve its purpose for many years to come as a daily driver for work.

daan
Car: 08 S base

Man I don't know if I'd get another one. I've never had a new car before, and for how much I paid (just over 13K) I don't think it's that much nicer than a couple-year old car would have been. Plus the one I got doesn't like to start, and the fact that the V doesn't seem all that more solid than the 94 Dodge Shadow I had just before the V... even with all the rust holes and 200K miles on it, it was actually quieter inside than my Versa is now.The V is nice, it just doesn't seem nice enough to justify how much it cost.

Return to “Versa General Chat”