Won't Rev over 2k rpm?

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
M1keyZ
Car: 1987 Nissan 300zx N/A

1987 Nissan 300zx N/A Automatic (VG30E)

Just got my license and my first ride!

Car started having a problem idling, and the other day I decided to clean the engine up a bit.Drove it home from friends the night I degreased the engine.It sat over night and the next morning before leaving for school I started it up and was happy it was idling perfectly fine.I start off down the road and find that it isn't revving over 2000-2500 rpm.When it gets to 2000 rpm it bogs down and if I continue to hold down the gas pedal it stalls. I've searched the internet for similar issues and found that it could be something to do with getting the engine wet but why would it occur the morning after?

Bad MAF sensor?Bad TPS?Limp mode?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated because this car is my only way to school at the moment and i'm most likely going to put it in the shop Tuesday if I can't figure it out. Feel free to contact me on AIM,Email or PM on here.

Strikermike

Hi M1keZ,Did you remove the degreaser with a hose or pressure washer? Chances are that you got moisture in an electrical connection somewhere. First I would take the distributor cap off and spray with an electrical cleaner and a moisture displacing spray such as wd 40 or something similar. Then I would disconnect every electrical connector 1 at a time and spray both ends as well. Let us know how you make out.

90 S13 VG30ETT
Car: 90 240 hatch, 03 ZX3

so what happened? everything work out?

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”