Winter Tires -TPMS & Wheel Questions (2nd Gen)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Hi, If those are not clonable TMPS valves you will still need to get them reprogrammed each time you change over your tire set. The Rogue can only hold 4 TPMS codes in its memory at once. So let us know how it turns out .......

Good Luck & Thank You for sharing your information with all of US ! :)

outtolearn88

Hello everyone, Any new on the TPMS for winter tires set ?
Thank you :)

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hi, I just want to know if I get tires with no tpms will such security systems like ABS still work correctly? Thought I read somewhere that if theres a fault with the tpms it might disactivate certain things. I doubt it but still would like confirmation.thanks

memyself

I've decided to wait for cloneable TPMS. My mechanic at the local garage is still unable to read of car's computer with his equipment. The dealer would charge $40 for every reprogramming, for now I'll deal with the light on the dashboard.

Theg

Hello all,

First, sorry for my English. My native language is french.

I'm owner a new Rogue 2015. Purchased 4 OEM TPMS from my local dealer for my winter set of wheels. I did not need to do anything for programming because the car automatically recognized the new TPMS.

outtolearn88

Hello, Can I ask you .... Is your Rogue a Select model ? If not can you tell us the model number of the TPMS, Please. Did the dealer install your winter tire & wheel set onto your Rogue ?

Thank You for getting back to all of US !

Theg

My Rogue model is SV awd. I look my invoice and the model number of the TPMS is 40700-3VU0A. I installed it myself my tires on the old wheels at the garage of my friend. The first thing I tried is to program the TPMS with Autel MaxiTPMS TS401 tool flashed with the last firmware on it and the tool did not have the option for Rogue 2014 and + on it. I installed the wheels anyway on the car without programming TPMS and at my surprise the car has detected the new TPMS by itself after a few miles.

outtolearn88: Yes, i'm from Québec.

outtolearn88

Hi Theg, Woooo ..... Very surprised about that ! It's really not what I was told. Did you check to see if you get a " psi " reading in the dash display ?

Can I ask how much you paid for them at the Dealer ?

Really wondering how that can be ........ It works !

Thank you for your information. ☺

P.S. You can pm me back

Theg

Yes I have a reading of "PSI" in the dash display and I have paid about 75$ ea (hardwares included)

My entry on the forum is too recent. I can not write in mp yet.

Gramps_Rogue
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL

I've reviewed the thread, and I hope my inquiry in here is appropriate.

I recently purchased a 2012 Rogue SL AWD, and I assume that the 2012 has TPMS installed (the summers do have the steel nozzles versus non-TPMS would be rubber, as on my snow tires and rims). I placed 4 winter tires on new steel rims fully expecting the TPMS light to illuminate, and I am not getting this warning on my dash.

I did the indicator light test, and yes, there is a TPMS warning light available in the dash. Thus my confusion. With the summers mounted, as expected, no TPMS indicator. Now, with the winters installed, while I expect this indicator to illuminate, it does not. Did Nissan elect to delete TPMS on models sold in Canada? Should I assume TPMS should be installed and have the dealer diagnose, and repair, a faulty TPMS. Then why would I have the steel nozzles on the factory 18" wheels?

Any guidance you may provide would be immensely appreciated. My 3-year warranty carries till early December, so I can still obtain a 'warranty repair'.

Gramps_Rogue
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL

Can't find where to "Update" my prior post, thus doing a 'Quick Reply'.

The problem cleared itself, as the warning indicator flashed then came on steady earlier today. Versus what the manual reads, "car needs to be driven over 16kmph", my indicator light didn't show up till after I had logged somewhere between 80-100km on the new non-TPMS snows and rims.

outtolearn88

Hi, A 2012 Rogue is completly different from the 2014. Yes what happened to you is completely normal. You would have to buy 4 new TPMS valves for your winter tires.

outtolearn88

Anyone else put on a set of winter tires ?
Please share your setup.

Thanks ☺

Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

I just put new winter tires and mags on my 2014 Rogue SL, I did not purchase the OEM TPMS sensors for the snow tires, I am going to tough out the blinking dash light.

Where I live Nissan wanted over $110.00 ea. for the TPMS sensors - the Tire Shop says that they should have the after market TPMS sensors available in a few months at half the price ($50.00) of the Nissan OEM sensors.

I was not going to pay $440.00 plus tax for 4 of the Nissan TPMS Sensors...

aquariafly
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

So is it safe to say, if I just put on Winter Rim/Tires without the TPMS sensors, it's ok? Doesn't disable the ABS etc... or affect the cars features?

I rather wait a few months to get the clone ones, instead of giving the stealership $150 x 4

nav2014
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV - FWD

I am all confused about the cost to get winter tires installed on my 2014 Rogue SV.

Called Canadian tire here in Toronto area to find out installation cost and about TPMS.

http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/a ... 3/2086592/

These tires are $126 and steel wheels are another $60, so $186 per tire. And to install they are asking about $25 more per tire. When asked about how TPMS works, he says they are about $30 per tire and an additional $34 per tire to program them. He did not even ask for my vehicle model, so I am wondering if $30 is too low for an after market TPMS when OEM ones are about $110 each.

Also he says most people don't install the TPMS on winter tires and just drive with the warning light on. But when I put the all season back, i still have to pay $34 per tire to get them programmed. This part I don't get. If I am getting winter tires with dedicated rims and since the car never had any programming change done, why does one have to re-program the all season tire TPMS when the same ones are being put back ?

nav2014

Called a Nissan dealer in Toronto area and then Nissan Canada.

Dealer (actually the parts guy at the dealership, as the service person could not answer) says that without TPMS on winter tires with dedicated rims, ABS will not work. Quoted $90 for each sensor and no additional charge to program besides the $100 they will charge to install new tires whether on rims or putting them on existing alloy rims. Once they are on rims, it is only $30 to swap them with all seasons. No need for any programming.

Nissan Canada rep says "we recommend you get them as it will interfere with other systems in the vehicle and you might not see those warnings as the TPMS Warning stays on". I asked her again if she can conclusively tell me if ABS will not work as TPMS end of the day should simply be monitoring tire pressure and if I do that the old fashioned way, why would that impact the ABS. She says, that I don't know if it will impact.

So the saga continues...

It is so expensive to get winter tires now wit this added $360 plus tax cost for TPMS sensors. $1600 for 4 Goodyear Ultragrip ice with steel rims and sensors, installed out the door is ridiculous. This after an offer of buying 3 tires and getting a third one for $1.

nav2014 wrote:Called a Nissan dealer in Toronto area and then Nissan Canada.

Dealer (actually the parts guy at the dealership, as the service person could not answer) says that without TPMS on winter tires with dedicated rims, ABS will not work. Quoted $90 for each sensor and no additional charge to program besides the $100 they will charge to install new tires whether on rims or putting them on existing alloy rims. Once they are on rims, it is only $30 to swap them with all seasons. No need for any programming.

Nissan Canada rep says "we recommend you get them as it will interfere with other systems in the vehicle and you might not see those warnings as the TPMS Warning stays on". I asked her again if she can conclusively tell me if ABS will not work as TPMS end of the day should simply be monitoring tire pressure and if I do that the old fashioned way, why would that impact the ABS. She says, that I don't know if it will impact.

So the saga continues...

It is so expensive to get winter tires now wit this added $360 plus tax cost for TPMS sensors. $1600 for 4 Goodyear Ultragrip ice with steel rims and sensors, installed out the door is ridiculous. This after an offer of buying 3 tires and getting a third one for $1.
Hi Nav2014,

I live in British Columbia,

I put the Goodyear Ultra Ice Tires on my 2014 Rogue SL with aftermarket rims (Got the Rims from Fountain Tire for $91.00 ea.)

The Goodyear Snow Tires look like they are good tires but I find they generate a fair bit of road noise as compared to the Michelins I usually run with.

Check Costco out you might get a better deal on tires there.

The Tire guy I dealt with said that they should have the aftermarket TPMS units for the "New Nissan Frequency" in about a month or so - so figure on 3 months out...

The TPMS warning light flashes for a few seconds when I start the car and then burns steady - so no worries from me - I will go Old School and check the tire pressure once and a while LOL...

As for it affecting the ABS, that is a new one on me, I don't have any brake warning lights coming on etc.

I was out the door for $1600.00 with the Top of the Line Goodyear Snow Tires and Aftermarket Mags, but no TPMS if that helps.

Not many deals on Snows at the start of winter LOL... esp. the new Nissan Tire Size the Rogue comes with, some of the Tire Shops say it is a fairly new tire size and that a lot of the manufacturers don't offer a lot of selection yet in the size - and me not knowing a whole lot about tire sizes I don't know whether they are blowing smoke or not....

Hope this info helps.

yeungbaba
Car: 2014 Rough SV, family tech pkg

outtolearn88 wrote:Anyone else put on a set of winter tires ?
Please share your setup.

Thanks ☺
If you're in the GTA, can check out simplytire.com -- they have winter tire packages for the Rogue
simplytire.com/winter/nissanpdf.pdf

I went with the Gislaved Nordfrost 100 102T, since they didn't have the Yokohamas in 17"; no TPMS -- the tire pressure light just stays on...no other warning lights :)
Never heard of the impact on ABS...i guess dealerships love their stories ;)

Interestingly, if you have the SV trim w/ 3rd row, you cannot downside to 16" -- the front brake calipers are too big.

nav2014

Thanks yeungbaba and 8102 for "Canadian" real life experience info.

I wanted to get the tires at Costco(due to lifetime balance and flat repair later on), but since I got the vehicle only in 1st week of October, had browsed there website back then and decided I would do it next year. But changing my mind now and now Costco only has the Bridgestone Blizzak WS80($150 per tire) which are out of stock.

I was thinking of getting the General Altimax RT43 at $126 per tire as their steel wheels are $60 which is around what Costco was charging. The dealership has the price on Goodyear Ultra Grip at $141 per tire after their buy 3 get 4th for $1 offer, but they are charging $100 for steel wheels, which is a rip off.

Good to know that ABS working might not get impacted. I think Nissan reps are just playing it say as they themselves don't know what their vehicles information display will show with TPMS warning info staying on all the time, they probably never tested that. ABS should probably work if the tire pressure is manually checked upto the spec.

I might just go with Canadian Tire for now or just wait it out till next winter.

CT is going to cost me $830 plus tax for the General while simplytire wants $850 for that. They do seem to have a better price on Goodyear Ultra Grip.

What I know is that as Canadian Tires are Franchise locations, some of them offer free seasonal tire change over if tires were purchased and installed there originally. I think they do it for atleast 4 years.

Hi Nav2014,

Fountain Tire will swap your summer and winter tires for free for as long as you own the car, the one I deal with here in BC will pretty well bring in any tire you want as well...

Cheers, and good luck with your decision...

impronto

So the saga continues...

This is ridiculous. Either the other safety systems work without the TPMS or not. Not very reassuring.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

So the saga continues...

i didnt use any tpms sensors on my 2010 g37s coupe 6mt, and nothing happened; other than the orange tpms light stayed on.
HECK, even now on my rogue, the tpms is on 90% of the time (i think one or more of the silly sensors failed).

the abs is NOT tied into the tpms at all. you will be fine. (if that was the case, the spare tire, which doesnt have a tpms, would cause all sorts of problems.)

memyself

I already had chance to feel my ABS kicking in on slippery roads, and i don't have any TPMS on my winter set.

outtolearn88

Do not be worried, My Dealer told me there will be no problems with running winter tires with out TPMS in them. They are very HONEST Small Dealership. One of the main reason I bought my 2014 Rogue from them.

65vette
Car: 2015 Nissan rogue sv

I have 2015 rogue se tire size 225/70-17
Found rims and ties for older rogue size 215/70/16 1/4 smaller height
Besides tpm will computer in 2015 give me any problem with the 1/4 height smaller tire
regards 65vette
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

If the numbers you posted are actually the tire sizes you are looking at, then the 215/70r16 is actually 1.55" smaller.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?ti ... -215-70r16

65vette
Car: 2015 Nissan rogue sv

Info I gave was wrong, current tire is 225/65/17 according to chart they will work on rogue
chart is very good, Thanks

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

followingnfront wrote:If the numbers you posted are actually the tire sizes you are looking at, then the 215/70r16 is actually 1.55" smaller.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?ti ... -215-70r16
Following: Thanks for the chart - this is great...

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

65vette wrote:I have 2015 rogue se tire size 225/70-17
Found rims and ties for older rogue size 215/70/16 1/4 smaller height
Besides tpm will computer in 2015 give me any problem with the 1/4 height smaller tire
regards 65vette
Merged with existing thread. --------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum.

Return to “Rogue Forum”