Window Cleaning and fog prevention?

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

ok guys, i need some help finding something that will keep the fog down on my windows along with something that is just really good at cleaning windows, im tired of not seeing out of them when i really need them...aka highway driving...

khooper

clean the window good - use windshield washer fluid and paper towels - I know this helps alot with the rear defroster working so it may help with the windshield to also you may want to try some fog-x - that may help with the moisture on the inside and the less moisture there is means the less there is to freezealso after the windshield has defrosted turn off the defroster - put it on vent or floor - keeping the windshield warm before you park it may cause more condensation.

ACoupe

I had a lot of trouble with "vinyl fog" when I first bought my G35 Coupe.I use Stoner Invisible Glass and after about 3 months I had no more vinyl fog.

Stoner really works nicely and is easy-on easy-off.

I've also heard of people using an alcohol/water mix with newspaper instead of paper towel.

nothing
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

For fog prevention you can try putting some shaving cream on the glass and then wiping it clean. It works perfect in the bathroom mirror so I assume it will also work in auto glass.

morsecode
Car: 2004 Infiniti I35

I've heard that shaving cream does the trick, though I've never done it myself.

Basically, I just keep the windows clean by wiping it down every two weeks with glass cleaner.

AlvinJohnson

Mix soap, vinegar, lemon and a little water in a spray bottle and keep it in your car. Next time you find yourself in a similar situation, squirt the compound on your windshield and let the wiper go. This is very effective even for your home. What's more, you don't have to pay for a car wash.

D-Unit121

i find that turtle wax ice synthetic class cleaner workes very good. its tint safe and has a bulit in rain deflector in it. but its kinda pricey. u could always use good old dolar store windex and add some white viniger. clean it 2x. use newspaper first because newspaper can act as a window claybar. then wash again and use a microfiber so u dont have streaks

kansascity

water and glass cleaner can be options.But the best idea will be to use windshield washer fluid and paper towels.

diane21

I use Stoners Invisible Glass and 2 microfiber towels, one for cleaning and one for buffing. I try to clean the windshield before cleaning the dash so the over-spray doesn't ruin my vinyl/plastic protect-ant. :bigthumb:

-----------------------------------------
Power Washing Nantucket

One Crazy Max
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6MT

the best way to clean the windows, and its been working for me for years, and i use this route everytime i clean a car.

1. Take about 2 teaspoons of dish soap and put it in a bucket
2. Run hot water on the soap to dissolve it
3. After the soap is dissolve, fill the bucket 1/2 way with hot water, not scalding hot, but hot enough where you can put your hand inside and not burn yourself
4. Get a microfiber cloth, dip it in the bucket, and wipe down one window at a time
5. while window is still damp, take a clean microfiber towel, and wipe window dry
6. you should have no streaks after this is done, your windows will be clean, and should not fog up as bad as if it werent clean.

your windows will fog up if there is enough condesation in the car, but taking this route will help it defog faster than other times. make sure when you are defogging windows, you dont try to wipe it off, or open them. the correct way to do it would be to put your climate control on the defogger mode, set it to bring in air from outside, and make sure your A/C is on, and depending on the weather outside, set your climate control accordingly.

vikismith

I think you should use good window cleaning liquid and paper for cleaning window. Just apply window cleaning liquid and water on windows and rub it with paper. But you must be choosing a good cleaning product.

pauldavies9983
Car: Limousine

Window cleaning and fog prevention is very necessary for maintain the window clean from fog. It is beneficial from:

1. It improves visibility in rain
2. Prevents fogging of mirrors
3. Saves time waiting for DE-misting
4. Removes stains, insects, grease, water marks, dust, etc
5. Suitable for inside & outside of glass[/list]

Cleaning Companies Clapham

bigbadberry3

1/3 white vinegar
2/3 water

Mix in a spray bottle and apply in a mist.

Use a microfibre glove or cloth!

Heytheremr2
Car: S13 vert (now sold) Current: 96 S14

I use Rainx antifog, and so long as you don't put too much, and rub in well, it helps a lot.

Return to “Detailing Forum”