Nissan & NICOclub are sending YOU to the Detroit Auto Show!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

240SX FAN CONTEST: Nissan USA & NICOclub Are Sending YOU to the Detroit Auto Show Enter before 1/6!

Nissan North America and NICOclub have teamed up to give one lucky member an expenses-paid trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit!

You read that right - That means your travel, lodging, and admission to the NAIAS are on the house!

While you're there, you'll be front-and-center to attend Nissan's American debut of the IDx concept cars that were unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Show in November.

You'll travel to Detroit for the first media preview day of the show (before it opens to the public). There, you’ll get to talk with Nissan product experts about the vehicles, get some great photos and serve as NICOclub’s press representative at the show.

These vehicles are the spiritual successors to the 240SX and were designed with the enthusiast and customization communities in mind - That's us! Nissan kept the true spirit of the 240SX in mind when they were designing the IDx, and in keeping with that spirit, they want to hear the stories of YOUR 240SX.

Here's how you enter:
Between now and 11:59 p.m. CT on Sunday, January 5th, we want you to post a story RIGHT HERE about your history with the 240SX, whether it be how you found it, or some funny / anecdotal musings about it, or how it's been a part of your family for as long as you can remember... and on January 6th, Nissan North America and NICOClub will pick a winner. OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES - PLEASE READ!

Some guidelines:
1) It's your story, not a story about someone else's car. However, if you learned to drive on your dad’s 240SX or were closely involved in helping a friend / sibling work on his 240SX, but it was never technically YOUR car, exceptions can be made.

2) Including a photo with your post is strongly encouraged, but not required.

3) Keep the replies to this post on topic with entry submissions only. If we have to dig through the conversation for submissions, the clutter makes our job more difficult. Here's a discussion thread for chatter and questions:

4) The cutoff to enter is 11:59 p.m. Central Time this Sunday night, so have your submission in before then.

5) You MUST be able to travel Sunday, January 12. You may choose to return Monday evening after the show or on Tuesday.

6) You must be a NICOclub member in good standing... regardless of whether you have 10 posts or 10 thousand!

Good luck and get those entries in FAST! :dblthumb:

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

I'll give it a go, I'm no professional writer by any means but it is awesome to see Nissan and Nico giving this opportunity!

To say the 240sx has changed my life would be an understatement. I cannot keep my full story under 250 words, but I can try and bring out some of the major highlights. I was first introduced to the 240sx around 1999 when I saw one in a magazine, I then met some locals with 240’s while I was in high school. When I got out of school I picked up a Z31 300ZX Turbo, but always had my love for the 240sx, I started surrounding myself with as many 240sx owners as I could in the small area I lived. In 2007 I met my now fiancé, she was always a car girl one day her friend was selling his 240sx and she bought it knowing how much I always liked them. Over the next 5 years we built that car into a 500+ Horsepower 2JZ-GTE powered project. During that time we helped start Midwest240sx as well as started Wi240sx.com to give local 240sx enthusiasts a place to go. Shortly after building her 2JZ 240sx we decided to put that setup into a cleaner and nicer 240sx. So we found a 1989 240sx with 19,000 Miles in South Carolina, We had the car shipped to Wisconsin and built the car all over again, With the help of a few of our closest 240sx friends in the area. In 2011 I decided to make my automotive passion a career and started my own company selling performance car parts, custom stickers and apparel with my Fiancé. I can say a lot of my life has been the way it is due to the Nissan 240sx.

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

This is HUGE!!! Everyone get your stories up! You only have till Jan 5th to get this done! You wanted Nissan to recognize the need for a new RWD chassis in the spirit of the 240SX, here's the door opening for us and it is up to us to rip that door off its hinges!!!! So put your Xbox controller down and get out your crayons!

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

This is more of a novel then a story, but I will drop it here anyway, even if just as another shameless plug.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Talk about a blast from the past. Its been years since Ive looked at a lot of those pictures, read through that story.

How she looks now after being blown up, rebuilt, crashed, rebuilt, and thrashed some more.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I thought I'd share my 240SX story just for giggles...

My 240SX was the main reason I've been hooked Nissans to this day. Back in 1989, I was in the market for a new daily driver. I wanted something slick, nimble, fun to drive, easy on gas, roomy, a 5 speed tranny, reliable, and affordable. Tall order, huh? After looking at the many sporty coupe offerings back then including the Honda (Prelude), Mazda (Rx-7), Porsche (924), Mitsubishi (Eclipse), Audi (TT), and Toyota (Celica), I was drawn to the Nissan 240sx, which fit every criteria and was RWD to boot. I ordered a "hot red" S13 hatchback with both the luxury and sport option groups and paid just $15,000 for it. It turned out to be a fun reliable commuter and absolute bargain. After 10 years and 150,000+ problem free miles, As an Audi driving school instructor, I decided to take the ol' S13 to the next level and began using it at the track during those schools for fun. Even with all-season radials and stock brakes, I was pleasantly surprised how balanced and "tosssable" that little car was. Of course with just 140hp and the 118mph speed limiter still engaged, a good friend and fellow Audi instructor christened my 240sx "the rolling chicane" after I ran a few sessions in it with the other instructors. But that little red Nissan never skipped a beat at over 20 track events under extreme use. That's a testament to how well made those cars were. I eventually sold my 240sx to a fellow NICOnaut not long after it turned 190,000 miles, still running great. He kept the car a few more years and logged about 30,000 more miles before he sold it to someone else. My experience with that 240sx influenced me to purchase a (then) new 2002 Altima for my wife and a Nissan replacement for the 240sx. That replacement is my current "track" car: a 2003 350Z that I also bought new. After over 200 track days with it, it's been as great as the old 240sx. While it performs considerably better in every way than the ol' rolling chicane, I still find myself grinning widely every time a younger student shows up to one of the driving schools in a 240sx or even older 510. That simple lightweight RWD/manual transmission car is the perfect formula for sparking a young enthusiast's life long obsession with Nissan. I am hopeful that Nissan will once again return to it's sports car roots and build the IDx with the same winning formula as the 510 and 240sx.

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Clock is ticking!

Nytfury
Car: S14, 350z, s13, RX8

My dad bought me my first car when I was 15. It was a 1990 240sx SE hatchback. Yesterday actually marked 14 years since I got my 240sx. We paid $850 for the single cammed beast. We immediately began working on it together. Some of my fondest memories are working on my 240sx with my father. Eventually, after it was cleaned up and lowered with a nice set of wheel, it was time for more power. In 1999 while thumbing through a super street magazine and talking to my dad about potential powerplants we came across an advert for a company called auto dream. We gave them a call and asked about the sr20det. The man on the phone was extremely helpful and talked us into a RB26DETT. I (thinking I knew it all) laughed and said "but sir, my 240 isn't awd... None of them are." And he walked us through utilizing the rb25 trans. It arrived on its crate in all of its majesty... The heart of gojira! After hundreds of hours fitting the trans and making a custom oil pan and having a single turbo manifold made... We were ready to fit the motor. We went single turbo because we couldn't get the twins to clear the murican steering shaft. Anyway... Years of testing and tuning went in and we loved the car very much. S15 front end etc... This was all great until I moved to ca from NY. I left my baby behind :( she collected a bit of rust sitting in the grass by the side of my parents house and some parts had to be parted out due to financial trouble... Fast forward to 2006... I had the shell transported to ca... My story doesn't get happier unfortunately.. The car sat in the garage as I struggled to pay mortgage until I was forced to sell my baby that I owned for over a decade in 2012 when we moved again... Now for the happy ending. My supportive wife knew that selling my childhood car that I had spent years working on with my father broke my heart. After we started doing well financially she had a s13 drift car professionally built for me! I'm back in the s chassis game. My first love... My s13 hatch... Gone but never forgotten. I am a slow typist so I have omitted detail but forgive me as I get a bit choked up writing this all out. The memories of my Nissan and my father will be treasured forever... Perhaps one day I can share such memories with somebody else as well...

fos240
Car: cars, girls, cars, girls

Wow. Where to begin. In 1989 when the 240sx was released, I first got my drivers license. One of the rich kids got one for his first car. I thought to myself, one day I will have one. In 92 and 93 I tried to purchase a 240 but couldn't because I didn't make enough money at the time. In January 1998 I bought brand new, a leftover red 1997 240sx. I still own this car. I have done so much with this car and made so many friends throughout the country because of this car. Long before facebook, or the forums, there was the first 240sx email list. Dave Alexander started the list. The 240sx community bonded together through this list. I drove my car, aka The Big Red Machine (the brm), all the way to Los Angeles CA from Greensboro NC in 2002 for the National 240sx Convention. I have autocrossed, drag raced, and participated in multiple track events in the car. While I don't drive, nor work on the car nearly as much as I used to, it still reminds me of all the good ole days every time I drive it.

As she sits now:

superDorifto
Car: 1997 Eclipse Spyder - AWD/5spd swap in progress
1995 Q45 - 5spd swap in progress
1984 200sx hatch(KA-t swap) - 355WHP
1991/1993/1995/1997 240s - Dead
1982 200sx hatch - fixed/scrapped

Like most members, I really dont know where to start. The 240sx, is my automotive life. Ive owned in order, since 2002:

84 200sx
91 240sx
92 240sx hicas
85 200sx turbo
95 240sx with a healthy gap of 5 years with some cool stuff in between...
97 240sx

And now im back to another 84 200sx with a way over the top ka-t swap from a 97 car. Each one of them was a project...Some never ran, but I kept coming back to them, even after a 5 year break with an sc300 and a gto. 240s, and s chassis cars are fun to build, and honestly have the best community of gearheads. People on forums like nico will actually help with each others builds. When I'm too old to work on another project the best memories ill have is that of the friends I made wrenching on my various s-chassis cars. Im sure the community for the idx will be just as welcoming...

carfrk666
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45, 95 240sx

So here's my story, I bought a clean North Carolina car that was sitting in a storage garage in Rhode Island from a guy whos son was over seas and needed to get rid of it. I got it home and shortly after pulled the motor and tranny out. I had already owned and rebuilt an engine from a 90 Q45 that had a vin serial number of 000735 so it was a pretty low number engine. I had this engine through two Q45's and was going to make its final home in my 240. I used a z32 transmission, used Elwesso's adapter plate. Made my own headers, motor mounts, wiring harness, shifter bracket and all sorts of bits and bobs. I use an electric power steering pump from an MR2, I've been running this car for about a year and its apart again looking for more power. Im about 400whp but now have nistune and currently degreeing the cams looking for just a bit more. She's a daily street machine that's just fun to ride. I try to make my own parts when I can because money is always tight but I still love to play.

My build thread, short but has pics. project-noka-t557195.html

DosDos

Back in '97 I was working in a Women's Shoe Store, when a lady Pulled up in a Red Kouki. It was love at first sight! Eyes opened, pupils dilated etc. lol. So I asked her is that the new 300ZX (LMAO)!? She said no It's a 240SX, the 4 cylinder is good on gas. I didn't care about gas mileage just asked if it was Turbo. She had no idea but I worked my tail off saving up for that car. Fast forward to a few years later I finally built up enough credit to Finance a 1998 Nissan 240SX SE 5spd. Yes, I said financ...it was that long ago where the car was still new enough. I've Been a Nissan/Datsun fan since my uncles came home with a 280ZX and a 300ZX as a little kid. Can wait to continue being a Nissan Fan...

lov2xlr8
Car: '92 240SX hb SOLD
'04 350Z

My 240sx Story starts back in 2005 when I graduated high school and started working and saving up for my first car. My budget was small but My Dad got me into cars since I was born so I wanted something fun to drive. One day I saw an ad for a 280ZX but in the picture it was a 240sx. I contacted the guy and went to check it out. The car was an all original 1992 Nissan 240sx Base, this guy had no idea what he really had. The car needed some love so I ended up taking it home for $700. Once home I named her Pamela and the fun started. I fixed, restored, replaced and upgraded everything I could. This car and the amazing community around it taught me a lot and made me a fan of the brand and RWD sport cars. I owned it 8 years and after a lot of money, blood, sweat, tears and countless memories I sold it a couple months ago. When sold she had 260.000 miles on the body, fully adjustable suspension, bigger brakes, locking differential, bigger wheels/tires and had gone through two engine swaps. First an SR20 and then an RB25 that made 300Hp. That's what makes the 240sx such a great car, possibilities are endless. Now I own a '04 350z and a '08 Sentra and I'm pretty sure my next car will be a Nissan too, hopefully a successor to the 240sx we all love...

This is it bone stock in Jan 2006

This is how she changed under the hood over the years

and this the last pic I have of it Aug 2013

seanismo
Car: 1998 s14
1996 pathfinder
1989 BMW E30

hi my name is Sean, i don't do the form thing much due to the ignorance of some people. I'm also new to NICO and this will be my first post here so here goes nothing. It all started back in September 2010 I was on a date with this girl, we were headed to the aquarium in Salt lake city, we were on the freeway in my car, at the time a mazdaspeed protege, and I was cut off by some guy missing his exit, CRASH. Well low and behold I wrecked my car. It was a total loss which was sad due to the fact had just paid it off and I had a garrett GT2871R and a unichip sitting in my room for an up and coming rebuild during fall/winter time. Well the insurance did their estimate on damage and said it was a total loss. I was pretty bummed out. Well a couple weeks had gone by and they said they would be sending my check for the value in the mail. So I started searching for a new car in the meantime. I got on KSL.com, Utahs' local Craigs' list and I started looking into a 240sx, I was always fond of the look of them because my dad had owned an fc rx7, but i didn't want to deal with the rotary thing at the time. So I searched into Nissans' being persuaded by my mother that had owned a little hard body 2wd nissan pickup a while back and loved it. So I started searching, I wanted a s13 coupe so i could do the silvia clip and do a two tone paint light green and dark green bottom, being that was always the first car I would but on grand turismo. I started looking down the pages, found a 98 kouki that the guy was asking $10k for, didn't think much of it because I was looking for an s13 not a s14 so i kept scrolling. Well I went through all the pages and was back at square 1 because they had all been beat up and abused by kids. So I clicked the 98. While the page was loading up I wondered what kind of swap it had in it because they weren't worth 10 grand. The page loaded up and I saw it for the first time, a black 1998 kouki s14, pictures were low quality so I had to read the description first. It read something like "I'm selling my 1998 240sx because I don't need it, low miles." So I figured I'd give the man a call to see how low he meant, thinking '98=80k miles and that stuff. When I got on the phone with him first thing he said was 12 thousand. I immediately thought I read the ad wrong and he wanted $12k. So I said but your ad says 10, he then proceeded to tell me no, 12,000 miles. I was shocked and a little hesitant on as to why it was so low, I thought maybe it was a scam being that the ad was only posted 4 hours prior to this. So I figured whats the hurt to look, so I drove down to his house to take a look. I got to his house and rang the door bell, he yelled to me he was in the garage. So I walked around to the side where I saw his E46 M3, and a car with a cover on it. He took the cover off of it and I about died, an all stock still original tires s14 240sx. I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to sit in it, opened the door and sat down First thing I noticed was the smell, it smelt like plastic wrap, not bad but like brand new plastic. I was in shock stock cassette player and all so I had to ask him what the deal was here, why was it so pristine? He proceeded to tell me the story about the car. His mother and father in New York used to own an s13 liftback and they loved the car soo much until it was totaled in an accident(ironic). They said they would buy another one so when they found out in 98 that it was the last production year for the car they went to buy one. Off the lot in New York. They brought it home and only really drove it in the winter, a couple months passed by and the husband had passed away. The wife never really acquired the taste for the 5 speed transmission so it sat for a while in a garage. Well a few years went by and she decided that for his graduation present she would give him the car as a gift. He graduated from the University of Utah and she held her end of the deal. He flew out to New York to get his gift, he then drove it back to Utah, which by this time it had acquired its 12,000 mile badge where he parked it in the garage. Well his wife wasn't all for the idea of it being parked in her spot. So he decided to sell it and use the money to pay off some of his school loans, and that where I came in :). So I was in disbelief about the whole ordeal so I wasn't hesitant on paying a little over book value for a car in such immaculate condition. The bank on the other hand was a little more skeptical about the miles vs year of the car, so they wanted a police vin history of the vehicle to make sure it wasn't stolen or falsified. Which I was kind a curious as well just by the off chance (and my luck at the time) that if was indeed too good to be true. Well about an hour went by and one of the officers came up to me with some papers, I got worried I wondered what it would say. He just looked at me and said congratulations on the new car pal. I went back to the bank and finished up the loan paperwork, being my check from my insurance hadn't quite cleared yet. I drove home, smiling the entire way, got it home and noticed the glove box was locked, didn't think of it at the time of purchase so I unlocked it, a piece of paper fell out, THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER!!!!! I was in shock usually those are only on really old cars a shows and new cars I cant afford. My parents didn't even believe it. Well a few years ave passed and I've made a few modifications (because i cant leave things alone) and i can safely say its only seen snow once since I've owned it, coming back from Vegas a freak march snow shower in Utah. I've attached a few pictures to help persuade you guys ;)
it now sits on a set of Advan racing rs wheels with Yokohama rubber wrapped around. an HKS hi-power catback exhaust. A s14 LSD because wheel lift sucks without momentum. BC racing coilovers and a sikky front sway bar. and i wax and clean it religiously :)

seanismo
Car: 1998 s14
1996 pathfinder
1989 BMW E30

and sorry I didn't follow the 250 word limit I don't live by the rules apparently lol..

superDorifto
Car: 1997 Eclipse Spyder - AWD/5spd swap in progress
1995 Q45 - 5spd swap in progress
1984 200sx hatch(KA-t swap) - 355WHP
1991/1993/1995/1997 240s - Dead
1982 200sx hatch - fixed/scrapped

I also cant read the rules neglected to include a pic with my post and was counting on being able to come back and edit the post...sorry for the double post.

current s12 project with the KA-T finally installed. I didnt want to just repost my build thread, so...

AM03
Car: 98' Nissan 240SX

How I met my Silvia.

This tale originated back in my high school days, I had just received my license and I was in search of a car. Originally, I wanted to buy a "domestic muscle car" since that was what the cool kids at school drove and I had a small block Chevy 350 laying around that I had rebuilt for an auto-shop project. I found a 1970 camaro perfect for the engine until a fellow classmate who I'm convinced hated me bought it before I got to it.

It was after that unfortunate, or rather fortunate, event that a friend of mine began nagging me to buy his car. after a week of nagging I decided to hear him out and I asked questions about the car, what was it, how many cylinders, etc.... I went home that day and began to ponder well maybe having a for cylinder will help me save on fuel until I can get a muscle car. The car was a 92' so it was not terribly old, it was 4 cylinders, and a stick shift, I guess I can deal with a FWD for a while I thought. The next day I asked a few more questions and found out that the 92' 240SX was not FWD it was RWD!!! I had no clue that imports where RWD! Suddenly my mind began to change I get the luxury of rear wheel and I save gas! My friend won me over and I bought his 92' 240SX in 2002-03.

Over the years I learned more about my car and fell in love. Later I learned about drifting and the popularity of my car in the sport. Naturally I tried to learn how to drift myself and began improving for a rookie. Then one day I wrecked my car and I was floored, not because it happened drifting, because it happened trying to avoid getting side swiped on the street which led to me rear ending another vehicle. I was devastated, all those years together now gone forever. I pieced her together but she never ran the same. Then one day a fellow offered me his tercel for my wrecked 240SX and I said yes to his surprise.

At this point I was tired of getting into trouble with my sporty car and needed a break from speed. This however didn't last long shortly after giving up my 92' I had an urge to acquire another 240SX. I no longer longed for "domestic muscle" I was and am forever in love with the power, beauty, and class of a sleek, clean, mean Nissan Sylvia. Within two weeks of my search I found my now 98' 240SX and took possession of her in 2006, this February 6th 2014 she will be 16yrs old and 7 of those she spent with me. We have shared many memories and have made several travels but this is a story for another time over cocktails. For now this id the story of how I met my Sylvia.

I do not know how to add an image here yet, but you can view one of my Sylvia here; https://twitter.com/amartinez0308/statu ... 72/photo/1 thank you for reading.

TaylorA02
Car: 240sx

Cars, in general, are what brought my husband and me together. When we met in 2003 (we were freshmen in college), I had a 2nd gen eclipse and he had a 3rd gen eclipse, both modified. We both wanted to have a car that was quick, RWD, and looked good and knew that what we had wasn’t it. After getting married in 2005, my husband got a 2003 350z and I got a ‘95 240sx. We didn’t waste any time to start modifying my 240 starting with an SR swap. It’s great that we get to spend time with cars and each other. I drove this car as my daily for years, occasionally getting in time at the drag strip and taking it to shows and events. Yes, my husband had to deal with me having more mods and a faster car but my car was older and he’s a better driver than me so I thought it was a fair trade. We’ve now been married almost nine years, and my original 240sx (after an accident) has been replaced with another ’95 240sx, my husband sold his 350z and bought a 1972 510, and we bought another ’95 240sx and a ’93 Nissan Hardbody as our daily drivers. We don’t have any children because our cars are considered our kids, even by our parents. Looking forward to the IDX release so maybe we can add a new Nissan to our family within the next few years.

Stev0n
Car: 90 LS13.5 M6
08 HD Superglide 106ci M6
94 Ranger
97 mercury sable
96 Rape Van

To say my life revolves around the S Chassis would be an understatement. Although I have only owned two over the last 11 years, the Nissan 240sx has been a friend, therapist, love interest, and even a home.

I bought my first 240 in 2003 for $900. It was my first non-truck rear wheel drive. She was my pride & joy, my daily driver for the next 7 years. Five years later, I bought my second 240. A perfect motor-less shell I would use for a v8 project for $200.

In 2009, in a 24 hour period, I lost my girlfriend, my home, & my job. In short, I came home from work & my house was empty (turned out my girlfriend took everything). The next day, because I couldn't go into work with everything going on, I lost my job. With nowhere to go, I parked my car beside the dumpster at a marathon gas station. For the next few weeks, my 240 became my home to both me and my two german shepherd pups. It was cramped, I was miserable & depressed, but I had a roof over my head.

In 2010, after getting back on my feet, my 240 was stolen one morning from right in front of my house. The police found it 2 days later, crushed. I was heartbroken, like I had lost a member of my family. My project car became my therapist. I would spend hours in the driveway working on it. Taking my time over the next few years to get everything perfect. Some days I would just sit in it, for hours, listening to old montrose albums.

Today, 6 years after starting the project of the 2nd 240, I have only driven it twice. While she is technically done, I want her to be perfect, no matter how long it takes.

That's my story.

andy107
Car: 1995 240SX SE

Thanks Nissan and NicoClub for letting me participate in this contest. Congrats to Stev0n. :)
Last edited by andy107 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andre's240
Car: 1990 240sx s14 KA swapped

i dont think i can top these but here we go. i always loved the look of the
240sx sonce i was a lil guy, and it turned into an obsession. i had always
worked on my fathers 350z and 300zx so i wanted a project i could build with
him. when i was 16 i bought a missfiring 1990 hatchback. we got it running
smooth and i drove the car for a couple months after i got my license, the ka24e
decided it was time to go and started knocking very badly. this struck my
interest in the dohc. my dad and i began to swap in an s14 ka24de. today ol'
stella has had one single cam motor and 2 dual cam motors in her, but wait it
gets better.. i have a fourth ka sitting in my garage and a full pieced together
turbo kit. its gonnna be awesome. im now 19 years old and have owned my 240 for
a good 3 years and i wouldnt change it for the world for a few reasons, i have
met so many awesome people and friends because of this car and i built it with
my father which i think is pretty cool.

ill start with a pic of my dads Image

and my beautiful 240 that we built together
the day i bought her :yesnod Image
swapping it Image
and how she sits now Image

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

As the deadline for the contest draws near, and after reading all these awesome stories, I know one thing - I'm going to be hitting up some of you for feature articles for www.240sx.org after this contest is over!

I hope all of you stick around - THIS is the real reason we're here, to share our mutual love of cars, and to spend time with like-minded people.

This is going to be a TOUGH choice to make! :)

spacemonkey

My story started before I could even drive. I’ve always wanted a 240sx because it was a true affordable sports car with great looks. I’ve owned two 240sx and those had stories but my third was special and it showed in the previous owner. On the day I picked it up, the owner was washing it and asked for one last drive; that love continued onto me. The many adventures I’ve had with my 240sx have led me into many great places and people just as enthusiastic as me. I’ve gone from 50 mph tracks to 80+ mph tracks with full confidence in this car and heard many great stories from others. To me the 240sx is my gateway into car culture; the things I’ve done and experienced go beyond being just a car but a way of life. In the 3 years I’ve owned this car, I’ve put coilovers, strut bar, 300zx brakes and rims on. The car seems lightly modded because it’s tuned to my racing experience. More will come in time. The 240sx is great in a way that tuning possibilities are endless but it is still great without being tuned. I’m just your average car guy with as much love and passion for the 240sx as any enthusiast. The emotions and experiences I had with my 240sx can never be replaced but I appreciate that Nissan is trying with the IDx so Nissan both current and new generations will be able to share the experiences.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Nissan contacted me this afternoon - They have selected a winner!

I'd love to say who it is, but I'm not allowed to - Nissan's ad agency will be contacting the winner tomorrow to set up the trip, and we'll be getting together with the winner as well to go over some of the details for covering the event.

This was a TOUGH call - Everyone who entered did a great job, and these stories were awesome. I'm hoping I can talk some of you into submitting some additional information for a feature article on the 240sx.org homepage over the next few weeks...

Hang tight, we'll have an announcement shortly!

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

Nissan hasen't emailed me lol, Guess i didn't Win, I am curious to see who won, Should be a great experiance.

AZhitman
Administrator

Those of you who submitted entries, please post up (or PM me) the following:

Screen name
Mailing address
Shirt size

We're going to send out some goodies to those who didn't win, in appreciation for participating! :)

TaylorA02
Car: 240sx

Is there an e-mail address that I can send the info to?

AZhitman
Administrator

Sure - [email protected]

Thanks!

AZhitman
Administrator

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Nissan USA and their advertising campaign managers wanted me to pass along the word that Nissan is very thankful for everyone's participation, and that it was very difficult for them to select a winner.

With that said, Stev0n will be representing NNA and NICOclub at the NAIAS in Detroit! Congratulations, Steve!

Also, NNA wanted me to mention that TaylorA02 and lov2xlr8 got the 2nd and 3rd-most votes (with a LOT of corporate drooling over the modifications, fabrication, and restoration that has gone into all the 240sx's)!

For those of you who won't be going to Detroit, keep an eye on your mailbox over the next couple weeks - I wanted to personally thank EVERYONE for participating, and am sending out a little token of our gratitude.

Thanks guys - and don't forget, we're also going to be hitting up some of you to be featured on 240sx.org!

Flicktitty
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

Congrats!

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Gratz to Steve on being our winner! Taylor and lov, sorry you didn't make it, but 2nd and 3rd still get NICO swag :)

Return to “240sx General Discussion”