Why the Republican party is toast.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

WDRacing wrote:Dude...get a grip. Save me your bleeding heart Liberal bullsh1t, I don't have time for it. You're not comprehending anything we're talking about...that's painfully clear. So why don't you let the adults continue having a conversation and you can go do whatever the hell makes you happy.

Go plant a tree or something.
Thats all you got??

We're not just stuffing money in mailboxes. Real people need that money. Maybe if I just ignore the faces behind the money I could agree with you. But cutting certain benefits when millions of people are out of work just doesnt make sense.

I understand the situation. But the reasons you guys give for why we must act now were all true 5 yrs ago and will still be true 5 years from now. I know how bad the economy was and we are slowly coming out of it. The worst is (hopefully) behind us.

We certainly need to fix our budget situation but we can do so without burning our safety nets. Sorry I wont join you in screaming "Fire".

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

You're argument is full of holes and irrational thinking when applied to the facts. 5 years ago we were at 10 trillion in debt, now we're at 16. You don't have to join anything, I fully expect a big chunk of the people that caused this problem to stand in the way of fixing it.

In your opinion it's always better just to put off the fixing. Bare in mind we're talking about reform dude, not cutting programs. Which is why I said get a grip, you're behaving emotionally and passing judgement on me at the same time. The longer we wait the worse it gets. If you can't understand that then YOU ARE PART PART OF THE PROBLEM.

We're not coming out of anything. We're borrowing our way into a fake recovery. The people in Greece didn't think this was going to happen either...and then it did.

You can stuff your head in the sand all you want.

Again...in case you missed it the 5-6 other times I've said it. We're talking about reform. The safety nets will still be there.

R/T Hemi
Car: 2010 Challenger R/T
2012 TSX

stebo0728 wrote:Obama won because 3 million republicans stayed home rather than accept the moderate that was being crammed down their throats. ...
You keep thinking that. That's part of the problem with Republicans, they just don't learn from their mistakes.

And Telcoman got it right about Nate Silver. If you want to know what's really happening in the world of politics, I'd suggest an hour a night watching Rachel Maddow and reading the 538 Blog. Do that for a few months and even the ZonieHitman will be flying a blue flag in his front yard. :biggrin:

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

If you want to know what is happening, watch the numbers roll on this.
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

themadscientist wrote:If you want to know what is happening, watch the numbers roll on this.
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Yup. Same one I linked to, many months ago in my rant about the deficit ... :(

Z

themadscientist

Surfs up!

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

WDRacing wrote:You're argument is full of holes and irrational thinking when applied to the facts. 5 years ago we were at 10 trillion in debt, now we're at 16.
If the republicans had not stood in Obama's way and the stimulus was double we would be completely out of the mess Bush left us in.
If the republicans had spent more time putting people back to work fixing our infrastructure instead of trying to make Obama a one term president the country would be a lot better off today.
WDRacing wrote:We're not coming out of anything. We're borrowing our way into a fake recovery. The people in Greece didn't think this was going to happen either...and then it did.
This is not Greece
WDRacing wrote:You can stuff your head in the sand all you want.
Brian it is your head that is in the wrong place.

I've never enjoyed watching Fox as much as I do now laughing every night at their bull$vit :chuckle:

Telcoman

WDRacing wrote:Again...in case you missed it the 5-6 other times I've said it. We're talking about reform. The safety nets will still be there.

themadscientist

telcoman wrote:If the republicans had not stood in Obama's way and the stimulus was double we would be completely out of the mess Bush left us in.
If the republicans had spent more time putting people back to work fixing our infrastructure instead of trying to make Obama a one term president the country would be a lot better off today.
Oh whaa, those meanie republicans wouldn't help us.

Bush this Bush that. People in the middle east think you hold a grudge too long.

Your record has a scratch Howie. That's the problem with you and your kind. You never take responsibility for your f*** ups. Obama has had four years and he is still fumbling around. Your weak excuses might fly with your koolaid sucking buddies, but the evidence is in, Obama is a failure.
telcoman wrote:This is not Greece
Yeah, we are. we have run our credit card through the roof. We have failed to appreciate the ramifications of that. We have an entitlement society that thinks they are owed everything and turn violent when they don't get it. Our government has no interest in fixing anything, and the music is about to stop.

No wait. The people there are rioting. Maybe we aren't Greece. Wait for it. It's coming.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

telcoman wrote: If the republicans had not stood in Obama's way and the stimulus was double we would be completely out of the mess Bush left us in.
You're just being foolish. Everything you ever offer is nothing but inflammatory BS. Sell crazy some where else. You can't borrow your way out of a recession. You and everyone like you are ruining this country. You're happy to sit back and right checks with borrowed money over and over again with no concern for ever paying it back. Your idea of putting people back to work by spending on the infrastructure is just more Gov spending you complete imbecile. I don't expect you to understand nor agree with any of this, you're just too simple minded.

Obama and you're precious Democrats controlled Congress for 2 years and spent the entire time on Healthcare. At any point during that 2 years they could have passed tons of legislature, but they didn't. So you can stop blaming Republicans for "standing in the way."
telcoman wrote:
This is not Greece
Any country can experience economic collapse...way to keep highlighting how obtuse you are.
telcoman wrote:
Brian it is your head that is in the wrong place.

I've never enjoyed watching Fox as much as I do now laughing every night at their bull$vit :chuckle:

Telcoman
You don't know me Howie. You have no idea what I stand for nor could you understand it no matter how many times I try to explain it to you. You're so busy trying to blame and hate that you don't even realize that you're nothing but part of the problem. We're not in debt because of Republicans. We're in debt because both parties utterly fail at there most basic objectives. Both parties spend like fools...BOTH.

I want to get out country out of debt. You are happy to keep borrowing money. How am I in the wrong place?

I'm firmly seated in reality, where you seem to be floating on some cloud where the Liberals can do no wrong. It's your right to be naive and you are fully utilizing it.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Telco, did whoever it was that brainwashed you program in any buzz words that will like make you cluck like a chicken on command or fling your poo or something crazy like that?

Return to “Politics Etc.”