Why Athens Blue is/was the greatest G35/G37 color.

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

black on chrome? what are you smoking.

all G'd up
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

You don't like this look:

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Most common color, and by far the sexiest. Diamond Graphite. It pwns all other colors.

Beancooker

heliochrome85 wrote:for further examples of "rice" please see below...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418798

That poor J30. I love those cars, but this is like watching your mom get a colonoscopy. not pretty to watch at all.
Dude, that isn't rice. Aside of the retarded playstation, it is done rather riceless. Search "rice" / archived content/ thread titles in the general chat forum. Then you will see some rice.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

OB,IP and BS was on my list. Now I am moving to the IP I think from here. I think the sedan looks best if it is black. Coupe not sure. If I buy a coupe it might be IP.

I think any of the silver blends in too much. Car like a G should stand out. Black sedan looks more luxurious. THe white red blue coupe stands out of the other cars.

z

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

all G’d up wrote:You don't like this look:
That G is teh sex!!

I made my mind up awhile ago, my next one is white.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

My last 2 cars were white...it was time for a new color. I love diamond graphite!!!

oraleway10
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

heliochrome85 wrote:its too dark. the only dark color for the g that looks good is black. otherwise, it just hides the curves of the car.
I disagree; I'll just leave it at that.

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

hey bean, why dont you have the graphite color wheels? i thgouth all 18in wheels from 03-04 were graphite color. or are they, and the pic is just decieving?

all G'd up

Yeah when I was searching for mine, Black was my first choice, Ivory Pearl was my 2nd and Diamond Graphite was my 3rd... After seeing some IP's, I think I like them as much as Black.

heliochrome doesn't want to admit he likes that IP with the black/chrome wheels

heliochrome85

it looks good, but those rims dont do it for me. specifically the chrome centers. its a clean look. happy now?

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

oraleway10 wrote:
I disagree; I'll just leave it at that.

I've always lusted for a black coupe....Have said it a bazillion times.However, the more I saw the Twilight Blue, the more I started liking it more than the black......It's extremely dark, but has a bit more dimension.Seems to be rarer too. With that said, everybody is going to like the color in their driveway more than any other. In addition, I wanted an all black interior which this one has! Oh, and wanted 17 inch rims too!! Better on my a$$ and have been told better on the track (If I ever get it there!!!).

Beancooker

heliochrome85 wrote:hey bean, why dont you have the graphite color wheels? i thgouth all 18in wheels from 03-04 were graphite color. or are they, and the pic is just decieving?

It's what came on the car. I don't care too much about the color of them. Eventually they will be replaced.

heliochrome85

ic. just was wondering. my friends parents have your exact car. its funny too because they are both under 5 feet tall. they look hilarious driving it.

Magnet 2112
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Don't really feel the blue. Once you go Obsidian Black you'll never go back!

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Magnet 2112 wrote:Don't really feel the blue. Once you go Obsidian Black you'll never go back!
I wish I felt that way

I'm going to have to do something unique to the paint in order for me to keep the OB. Maybe some IP accents. I really really really wanted IP so that CF would match perfectly.

Shall I add anymore accronyms? lol.

oraleway10

SVTCOBRA wrote:

I've always lusted for a black coupe....Have said it a bazillion times.However, the more I saw the Twilight Blue, the more I started liking it more than the black......It's extremely dark, but has a bit more dimension.Seems to be rarer too. With that said, everybody is going to like the color in their driveway more than any other. In addition, I wanted an all black interior which this one has! Oh, and wanted 17 inch rims too!! Better on my a$$ and have been told better on the track (If I ever get it there!!!).
I went to Saddle Ranch yesterday at Universal Studios and everyone was drooling over the color

There was about 5 silver G's and two black G's....everyone was like woah, I've never seen this color before!

TB is rare and the best

all G'd up

Yeah those wouldn't be my first choice for black on chrome wheels, but it was the first pic i found of an IP G with black on chrome and if I had IP I would be putting on some black on chromes... But I am very happy with the OB... Not sure where to go with wheels on mine, but first its gotta get lowered.

oraleway10

all G’d up wrote:Yeah those wouldn't be my first choice for black on chrome wheels, but it was the first pic i found of an IP G with black on chrome and if I had IP I would be putting on some black on chromes... But I am very happy with the OB... Not sure where to go with wheels on mine, but first its gotta get lowered.
My car is lowered.....My front bumber hits everything

all G'd up

What do you mean everything...? Where do you drive?

I only want to go about 1" with a front lip... The stock susp is too soft for me

oraleway10

I don't hit "everything"...

Anytime I go over bumps or pull in/out of the drive way my car scratches

My car is lowered about 1.5"

soakgame
Car: '98 Lexus Gs 400 (current)... (researching the g35 sedan - future auto)

G_whizz wrote:
That G is teh sex!!

I made my mind up awhile ago, my next one is white.
werd.. the white G with the black and chrome polish is a good look!

99QX4
Car: '07 G35, '05 FX35

Black sedans are hottttt though

But so are IP coupes (minus the holes from the front plate)

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

I totally agree with you, I like black g35 sedans... cause of the chrome stands out really good on the black...

And the white coupes, are just ... I think black is my fav though, for any G... as long as it's black on black, tinted... looks badazz.

thahman
Car: 03 G Sedan 6MT

I definitely like that blue in the coupe. I see a heck of a lot of G's, and they're usually grayish colored.

I think Black/Black in the sedans look best, especially with a spoiler and aero package! And of course, like everyone else has said, it shows everything when it's dirty.

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Black w/ Premium & Areo Pkg
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Lifted and Old School!

BrandAidDesignG35 wrote:I totally agree with you, I like black g35 sedans... cause of the chrome stands out really good on the black....
I never noticed that only the sedans had the chrome... That is why the black looks so much better on my sedan than on the coupe!
thahman wrote:I think Black/Black in the sedans look best, especially with a spoiler and aero package! And of course, like everyone else has said, it shows everything when it's dirty.
The Grey interior looks good too!

I like the grey because you still get the black dash and top parts of the door panels. The two tone interior looks really classy!!! I really couldn't be happier with my sedan. The only better thing would be a NAV but i can find my way around anyway lol!

DJ

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Black w/ Premium & Areo Pkg
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Lifted and Old School!

thahman: you have the most loaded 03 sedan here lol, looks very nice with the areo bumper! (wish i still had mine! )

Brand i think you have the Sickest 04 around. I love the wheels! If i wouldn't have gotten such a good deal on my 19's (400 bux with tires)I would have picked 20's that looked just like that!

And I think i have one of the nicest 05-06 models. I don't think we have very many 05-06 sedans that look as good as mine!

Im not trying to sound stuck up or anything cuz that isn't how i am but after i washed her today... I almost made love to Her!

DJ

mycoupe8urs
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 1994 Honda Civic

BrandAidDesignG35 wrote: And the white coupes, are just ... I think black is my fav though, for any G... as long as it's black on black, tinted... looks badazz.
Black FTW all day..... i need an updated pic of my sig but I am the only one ive seen since i got my car with black on black, 6 speed, and navi

Omegamerc
Car: 2008 G35xS

Was gonna come in and post a pick of my G but that has been taken care of

jezdfax
Car: Athens blue 2008 G37S coupe

Yes I totally agree with you about the color. I searched high and low for the coupe for a solid year. I was willing to drive anywhere in Ca but I wanted it all. I wanted the color, 19" wheels,Nav,auto etc,etc. Everytime I found one with the color, it lacked one of the extras I was looking for. I was on Craigslist and discovered there is two different ways to search for the cars. The obvious way is the search box to the left listing each car.The other way is to just use the search box on the top of the page. When I used the top search box, my dream car appeared and was being sold in my home town. It did not appear in the search box to the left. Needless to say, I drove to the lot and there it was. It was a 2008 with everything including chrome wheels (my favorite) and rear spoiler. It had close to 100,000 miles so it was not abused.

For piece of mind, I had the Infiniti dealership do the full inspection package ($150.00). When the car arrived for the inspection, the service manager instantly recognized the car. He told me the car was local and always serviced there, The previous owner was 91 years old and recently traded in this car for a new Infiniti turbo Coupe. They did not keep 10 year old cars on their lot so it was sold to auction when the other lot bought it. After the inspection, I was told the auto window motor needed to be replaced in the future with front brake pads. I bought the car. I f I could figure out how to post a picture, Ill send it.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”