CHATROOM: 2008-2013 Rogue Members Photo Gallery

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
3D821
Car: Nissan Rogue (12)

SenorPayne7 wrote:the wheels are 17" Montegi Racing MR118 and 225/60R17 Continentals

Hey where did you get the lowering kit from. I wanna do the same thing to my rogue. Do you have a link were I can but them?

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Decided to try plati dipping my wheels. First time ever using it, that stuff is pretty cool.

I used 5 coats of black and 2 light coats of metalizer.

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

:dblthumb:

DaiUyTed
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate MT
2005 Ford Thunderbird

^^!

Xc@1i8uR
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S
2012 Nissan Maxima S

ImStricken06 wrote:
SenorPayne7 wrote:2008 SL AWD, mods are in my signature

man, i love your rogue. its got to be the sportiest, and most aggressive iv ever seen. :drool:
if only i didnt need to tow 2 sport bikes, and the expense with modding the suspension....
Definitely one of my favs on here. Still looking to get a roof rack for the S version; however, need the rails first. For how low did you drop?

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

My soldier! Close to 200k!

Bgmick
Car: Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6 dci awd

The European brother qashqai+2 ( diesel awd)

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Don't really have any daylight pictures as yet lol, except one where it's in the background of a picture that I took to remember my baby before losing it (QX4)

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Thought I'd add a picture I took yesterday and really liked :)

J-BoomBoom
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S

2013 rogue s
Attachments
20191103_015030.jpg
Before rims... after underglow
20200116_171319.jpg
Most recent...

J-BoomBoom

Updated pics showcasing lighting done so far... what do you guys n gals think?
Attachments
Resized_Resized_20200211_064632(1)001.jpeg
Resized_Resized_20200211_064736_248883585369223001.jpeg

J-BoomBoom

Added rock lights to the wheelwells yesterday! New pics of my #nitelife...
Resized_Resized_20200228_191031_348300158143435.jpeg

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Bought my old 2009 Nissan workhorse some new shoes for it’s final sendoff until the original cvt finally implodes whenever that eventually happens. Nearly 100,000k.

It will be my final major gift or purchase for my Indigo Blue Baby. MR139 Motegi Rally Wheels & 235/70/16 Toyo Open Country All Terrain 3 tires with a 2 inch lift kit! :bigthumb:

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

casperfun wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 am
Badass ride, this is pretty much what I wish I could do with my rogue, maybe over the course of the next few years if it's lasts that long :P

Here's mine
Attachments
3035a952-438d-4048-9ed1-63f3c52d213f.png

julian7725
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

:biggrin:
2008 Rogue S AWD
Attachments
C871B920-BF64-4919-8848-B13426643181.jpeg

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

casperfun wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 am
Bought my old 2009 Nissan workhorse some new shoes for it’s final sendoff until the original cvt finally implodes whenever that eventually happens. Nearly 100,000k.

It will be my final major gift or purchase for my Indigo Blue Baby. MR139 Motegi Rally Wheels & 235/70/16 Toyo Open Country All Terrain 3 tires with a 2 inch lift kit! :bigthumb:
@casperfun . . . your Rogue looks awesome.

How did you lift it 2 inches?

Was it a kit? What type?

I finally drove down a road I couldn't get down. But we were in the wrong vehicle. We were on a camping trip and in our minivan. Only 5.6" clearance in the van.

The only vehicles we saw going down this road were Jeeps and Pick-ups.

My wife asked me if our Rogue could have made it. I told her I thought it could. It would be tight. From the looks of the rocks and dips I thought we needed about another 2 inches over our minivan.

But more couldn't hurt, right? LOL.

Take care! :)
TheRogue . . .

casperfun

@casperfun . . . your Rogue looks awesome.

How did you lift it 2 inches?

Was it a kit? What type?
I know not the lowest part, but at the jack points are at 13 & 1/4 inch of clearance. With the all terrains half-inch increase included.

Well I waited over a decade for a lift kit and off course ready-lift didn’t include the 1st generation. :nutkick

But we in luck because Russia comes to the rescue. I bought mine from Tema 4x4 and you can find them on Amazon and eBay. The other one is Rising Tuning.

I personally went with 40mm front and 45mm rear.

Ok, I am a small OLD dude 100 pounds soaking wet holding a brick. So if your good with cars and pretty strong, you should have no problem.

I started in feb before the pandemic lockdown. So it was a nice little project to kill the boredom. I took my time because sometimes obstacles presents itself where you need to figure out a solution.

The front spacers were straight forward. But the rear spacers were a pain. One mobile mechanic helped me on the right side but quit after having trouble getting the last bolt in.

So my 10 year old kid helped me align that last bolt! :mike

But it took the mobile mechanic and me to do the first side. So I did the left side by myself. Like before I removed the spring myself. Did it with a ratchet set.

But on the left side I had to use a ratchet set, spring compressor, and even heavy duty zip ties 100 lb strength. So I was triple safe and never worried around my springs.

Since I am a weak old man, I used my ratchet set to align any holes that I had to put bolts in. Moreover , I used a ordinary tire jack to create space to fit the spacer on top of my spring during install.

So if you approach this like mcguyver, and can figure out solutions to problems, you should be ok. Took slot of blood, sweat and tears.

The readylift installation guide on their website really helped me when I was stuck; to think of a different approach to help me also. During the final steps on the left remaining side.

It absolutely drives like a dream. The all terrains absorb bumps and bad pavement really well. There is a slight hum, but I like it. You got to pay to play with the big boys, Jeep and Truck crowd. :badger

It feels really solid and I still didn’t get an alignment because it drives so straight I’m scared they might mess the ride up. Maybe later.

I like the look and stance of my rogue too. My acceleration is still very good. Still took out my spare just in case lolz.

I am sure it’s not as fast off the line as before but I was never heavy footed. 170 horsepower is more than enough for my set up. Only a few lb difference with tire setup since I have smaller wheels.

You do feel faster since their 29 inch tires. The biggest you could probably go is 225/75/16 which I wanted but discount tire wanted the 235/70/16 to be sure of figment. I love fat sidewalls with a more comfortable ride.

So if you go off-road or camping, I recommend getting a lift kit from Russia. I still can’t believe I did it all by myself except for that 1 spacer I had help with the mobile mechanic.

If your into cars, it is a fun project with nothing to do during the pandemic. I enjoyed it and the fruit of my labor.

Loving my lift!

Polyurethane rubber spacers are better than metal ones because it absorbs shocks better. The blue is just my firestone airbags and the red are my coil buffers. Ignore them lolz!

Can you see the cheap a$$ garden divider attached with 3M tape?!? Hehehe!

I believe I’m the only one who lifted a 1st generation in here. Most lower their Rogues for a more racer look. The car side which looks great too, while I tend to gravitate toward the suv crossover side.

Good luck if you wish to attempt this endeavor. :dblthumb:

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

You know. If you hadn't mentioned the garden divider, I wouldn't have even thought that! LOL.

Why did you go with the 40mm front and 45mm rear? What are the options?

And what is the Firestone Airbags?

I guess the two things I'm worried about is . . .

1. Handling. That it would make it more unstable. Maybe make the car more prone to tip over?

2. That raising it might make the driveaxle / cv joints pop out because they'd be too short now?

For me, I don't think I'm that handy.

But I've been wondering, if I can get this 2011 Nissan Rogue to last long enough that I need to consider getting new shocks, or if the balljoints up front need to be replaced . . . maybe I can slip this upgrade in while getting those other things fixed. :) LOL.

But that is why I am researching it now.

So I can talk to the local garage on how comfortable they'd feel about doing this.

My hat is off to you and your daughter on figuring out how to make this work! :)

Take care! :)
TheRogue.

casperfun

The garden dividers were actually trying to get an off-road look. It also helps me to get bigger tires some day just in case they stick out to pass inspection. Tires fit in wheel well great anyways. :)

Ok, it varies. You can get 20mm, 30 mm, 40mm kits from Russia. I preferred the largest because I wanted the biggest tires I could install. Personal preference.

The Firestone airbags are for heavy hauling so the rear won’t sag and gives you effective breaking & handling at the same time. Just compliments and works in tandem with my lift. It also absorbs bumps like the buffer that was also added.

I did hours upon hours of research because I don’t want to jeopardize my family. So safety was important.

But I read that 2 inches is the maximum height you can safely raise a standard vehicle because this will never change the caster, camber or axle geometry. Why? Because lifting within 2 inches is accomplished within the factory-set remaining spring travel specified by the manufacturers, which results in an 'automatic' approval and testing.

This means the manufacturer must prove that the car's suspension can be lowered or lifted by approx. 50mm. Hence, so it stays within automotive specifications.

During normal driving, we won’t feel a difference since we always operating within its normal standard spring travel.

I’m not a racer-type and personally never had many evasive maneuvers but the rogue responds more directly with the road. I never feel I’m going to tip over.

I notice that acceleration feels more linear and the steering is absolutely rock solid and goes perfectly straight. This could be because of the all-terrain and heavy wider tires?
After I got rid of the atrocious shuddering, hesitation, and jerky acceleration, my setup absolutely drives buttery smooth and heavenly PERFECT. I’m so lucky that I no longer have those jerky whiplashes from a standing start. Going to miss this thing after my original cvt implodes someday.

There are no minute movements, when you go straight, the steering wheel is sitting still. It’s drives in a good way that I like!

Personally, the acceleration is still very fast. It’s still a light vehicle, but rides like a tank, but not at all heavy feeling. Hard to explain. So tipping over is far from my mind and I don’t rock climb; just traveling rocky dirt paths on occasion. I do have hundreds of pounds of exterior accessories. Handling is very stable but if you want sporty, this feels more lumbering with bigger tires and with stiffer steering for the racing enthusiast. Not that anybody challenges a Rogue to a drag race. Lolz!

Moreover, I installed adjustable sway bar end links. So there is no preload just like my oem set-up. Still great cornering and I can make full U-turns like before with no rubbing.

Actually the cv axles are not that bent out of shape that much with an angle ever so slight to me at least.

Most people who lift their vehicles get bigger tires, so I can’t vouch if your experience would be the same on oem as mine.

I only recommend a lift kit if you want more clearance off-road or bigger tires.

The ONLY thing the local shop would be wary about is dealing with the rear springs. Like I said, I’m 100 lbs soaking wet holding a brick. But I removed both springs by myself with NO experience which I guess was good because I was not afraid to work with springs like the 20-30 yr experienced mechanics I tried asking for help. And they only do spring work in a certified shop. I did it in my garage with the most basic of tools. :bowrofl: Remember, springs are dangerous with all that loaded tension.

Good luck to anybody who tries this, it’s worth it. My vehicle definitely does not feel like a dinky little 1st generation Rogue grocery mom-mobile at all. I sit equal if not higher than the latest Rogue, Rav 4, Santa Fe’s, Mazda CX-5, Lexus, Mercedes and many other mid-size suvs out there. :woot:

Return to “Rogue Forum”