Who has the highest milage 1st or 2nd gen Rogue here?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
D-Rock
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

Update on mileage! I just hit a cumulative milestone. For 3 Rogues I have just hit the 400K mark (145k, 155k, 100k). Fortunately I just got a promotion at work. Unfortunately it means the Rogue will no longer be my company vehicle. Since I may have to tow a trailer, my next fleet vehicle will be a Chevy Traverse (blech!). I shouldn't really complain about having a brand new car driven to my house and the keys dropped in my lap but I loved my Rogues. Other than regular fluid changes and scheduled maintenance, I only ever replaced the EVAP container in Rogue #2. That's it, that's all.
Since I am never out of pocket for anything to do with the car, I believe I am in the position of a completely unbiased perspective since I don't need to defend my purchase, nor do I have buyer's remorse. I truly thought this vehicle was bulletproof maintenance-wise and held up very well in all other aspects and I would easily recommend it to anyone.
I have very few quibbles. Those silly little blocks for the digital fuel gauge that had a mind of their own (thankfully addressed in the 2011), the 1000rpm slow-speed lurch, the stock spoiler on the 2011, the omnipresent trip odometer, the absence of differentiation of DRL's vs headlights in the 2011 and the omission of the glove box divider in later models.
As far as complaints go, I think those are pretty small compared to the overall experience. I don't know when my replacement will be hired so I have still some more time to rack up the odometer so I can pass the car off to them and get my Traverse. Time for some more road trips!!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hey D-Rock that is a great story, thanks a lot for taking the time to share it with us and I'm really glad you enjoyed all your Rogues.

I think you have the crown of "Super Rogue Owner"! It's nice to have some insight into the future of owning this car for guys like me who don't do a lot of miles, and are always considering how long to hold on to my vehicle. Hopefully after you mile out your Traverse you'll come back to Nissan one day!

D-Rock
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

Thanks Kerrton! Unfortunately my company vehicle is not my choice. I was actually considering buying this as a 3rd vehicle (my wife has a Subaru Impreza 5 door). The buy-out from the company lease is extremely cheap, but we are encouraged to use our company vehicles for personal use so I see no point in the extra insurance and cost associated with another vehicle when this one is free. For some of my co-workers, it is their only vehicle.

I'm curious to see how the Traverse performs in comparison for reliability. I know the gas consumption can't compare since the Traverse is quite larger, but I will be as diligent with scheduled maintenance as I was with the Rogue. Even though it's a company car, it's still mine for 150k so there is still some pride of "ownership" so I like taking care of it regardless.

This Rogue was the first one where I replaced the stock Conti's at about 70k (after 4mo on my Xi2 winter tires). Both other Rogue's still had their original rubber (and 80% of brakes!!). The fleet company sent me to a local tire dealer and they threw on some Michelin LTX tires. I was skeptical putting a LT (light truck) tire on but they've turned out to be amazing. For what seemed like an aggressive tread, they are amazingly quiet and returning identical fuel usage. Who'd of thunk it?

kerrton

Huh, that's interesting.....

I drive an '09 Traverse and an '08 Escape Hybrid for my light-duty shared work vehicles (F150 for the rough stuff), and I really enjoy the Traverse. The looks are bland, as is the interior, but it is one really smooth and comfy ride with tons of power, dead quiet and relaxing on the highway, no squeeks or rattles whatsoever. Gas mileage is horrible, but I don't worry about it at work! If you need to haul lots of people around its very nice, for one guy driving around in city traffic its a little big, hate it in town but luckily I normally take it out of town on the highway or I use the Escape for those office trips in the big city.

Good luck!

D-Rock
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

I'm hoping to drive the Rogue for another few months so the 2013 Traverse will be available. It looks much nicer. I'm not concerned about the size. I tow a very large horse trailer so I need a large tow vehicle as well. I'm sure the Traverse will be a nice highway cruiser. I'm curious about the difference in the AWD since I've come to really like the fact the Rogue always starts off in AWD from a stop. I don't know how responsive the Traverse AWD is. I haven't heard great things from the online reviews. Yet another reason the Rogue is so versatile...outstanding highway driving, great city driving dynamics and with good winter tires, an unstoppable snow-beater, which is essential for fierce Ottawa winters.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

Since we're updating, I'm at slightly under 183,000 miles on my '08.

Nothing new to report. The only mechanical failure has been a wheel bearing. I've replaced belts, plugs, fluids, tires (2 sets) and one battery.

Still on the original brakes, exhaust, and suspension parts.

Still runs like the day I drove it off the lot.

kerrton

Wow, thanks a lot for that update, very impressive. That's really encouraging and shows how durable and maintenance-free this vehicle can be. I'd venture a guess that there are very few vehicles on the road that ever go that far without having some significant repairs or expensive maintenance such as replacement of MAF, oxygen sensors, catalytic converters, coolant hoses, radiator, and of course brakes! And most really start to show their age at this high mileage with increased oil consumption, perhaps some leaks from the oil pan etc..

183k miles = 295,000 km, I cannot believe you're on your original brakes even though I realize you do a lot of easy highway miles. And for those who feel the CVT is a weak spot, I'm assuming you've had no trouble and your original tranny is still running strong?

Another question - does your Rogue use any oil? What oil have you used, conventional or synthetic? Thanks again!

Roguemonster

Mobil 1 0w30 changed every 10,000 miles. No leaks. Burns maybe a half quart to a quart between changes. Bosch filter, also at 10k. (Argue with me that it needs to be changed more frequently and I'll show you a nearly 200k mile Rogue.)

Original CVT. no issues. Fluid replaced once (previously documented, probably in this thread).

I do keep an eye on hoses and what not, but things have been okay so far. I'm not putting as many miles on her as I used to as I've been flying more, but I'm still way above average. Coming from VW's previously (most which I also put 200k-plus miles on), I've been blown away at the durability of this thing.

I will probably keep her another year, see what the next Rogue and Murano look like. But I'm also considering an Infiniti FX (I've rented a few and really like them) or maybe an Audi Q5.

Oh, stuff I failed to mention...on third set of wiper blades and third remote battery. :biggrin:

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Not a ton of miles, but I hit 30,000 miles today - after just over 3 years of ownership.

AnthemGems
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL Gun Metal Charcoal Interior

I have the exact same problem with the door handle on my 08 and my 12 and that too is my only complaint.

Roguemonster wrote:
Pescakl1 wrote:Since you spend quite a lot of time in the Rogue, how do you like it? Compare to the previous cars you got? Will you buy it again if you would have too?
The more I drive it, the more I know it was the right choice for me. If something happened where I'd need to replace it, I'd probably end up with another one unless I decided to go larger. I can't think of another vehicle in the market that would better suit me. Maybe the revamped Mitsubishi Outlander. Maybe.

The only real complaint I have about it is the interior door handle, which interferes with my left knee/leg space. But I sat in the much larger GMC Acadia at an auto show last year, and it had the exact same design problem, so maybe it's just me.

My previous vehicle was a VW New Beetle GLX (my entire vehicle history prior to the Rogue was VW's), which I loved dearly and is to this day my favorite car ever. But I wanted a small SUV. In the end, it came down to the Rogue and VW's Tiguan. Price and feature-wise, there was no comparison. Plus, the Rogue has SO much easier access to filters and things in the engine compartment and, aside from the CVT, doesn't require a bunch of proprietary fluids. And the Rogue has done as well or better gas mileage-wise than my Beetle used to.

morselicious
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Gothem Gray/350K@sold
2009 Toyota Rav4 /sold
2011 Toyota Rav4/sold
2018 Toyota Rav4/sold
2001 Rav4 AWD /Black/ 130K (present car)

I have a '08 SL with 180k on her. She has served me well. I have had no real issues. At 99k the CVT was repaired. I have changed into second set of tires, serpentine belt, brakes of course (front and rear), spark plugs (they still looked brand new when replaced), and a oil change every 7k miles. At 180k the AC Compressor has seized and I replaced it with one from a 2011 Rogue. She is my only driver and I tow a small utillity trailer with her about once a week. I am hoping to drive her till she dies or 500k which ever comes first.

big_c
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

08 SL AWD 104k

5k-Shifter replaced, bluetooth module replaced, weatherstripping on front replaced.

60k- Brake fluid and coolant replaced.

90k- Brakes replaced.

104k- CVT replaced under warranty. New tires added. Cabin filter changed. Serpentine belt changed. Air filter. Spark plugs. Trans and diff oil replaced.

Runs and looks great.

kerrton

I'm curious with all those miles driven, if you developed any whining/whirring noises from the CVT transmission primarily at highway speeds (when the CVT gets nice and hot), with the noise getting louder with higher rpms? If so, I would say from the high mileage that the noise is not an issue for most, i.e. it didn't lead to a failure.

big_c
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I bought the car after the trans was replaced. As I understand it, it was a total failure and the vehicle had to get towed in for the trans to be replaced.

Roguemonster

And so it ends.

Last week, I drove my Rogue onto the local Infiniti dealership lot with 239,999 miles on the odometer, and drove off with a low-mileage (for now) copper 2010 FX35 that I noticed the weekend before and immediately fell in love with.

I took a picture of the Rogue's odometer to post here, but it didn't turn out (reflective) and I didn't notice until it was too late. Sorry.

Anyway, happy trails.

D-Rock
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

I'm glad this thread has been revived. I'm back after a brief stint in my Traverse and on to Rogue #4, a 2014 S AWD. After one month of driving I'm at 7000km so I will be racking up the miles fairly quickly. I find the '14 to be much better than my 3 previous Rogue's so I'm enjoying it so far. No mods except Osram Silverstars for the headlights. Not much point to do much more for a company vehicle that I may have for only couple of years.

The only complaint so far is the Bluetooth integration. I hate that it mutes all notifications (except for texts that can be read, but I've found that inconsistent with some texts being missed). I don't text or read while driving but if I'm expecting an email at least I can pull over if I needed to respond. Also to dial out is a serious pain if you go through the steering wheel option. If someone has multiple numbers you have to cycle through all of them to dial out. I usually just press Siri and let her handle it but for some reason if you use Siri you can't hear ringing while dialing out, it's muted until someone picks up. Highly annoying.

That's about it. I'm projecting about 65,000km this year so I will report if anything comes up, but so far I'm happy.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

My 2014 AWD is 4 months, 5 days old and will hit 15,000 miles at about noon tomorrow.

I like it a lot...

Now can we correctly spell it: mileage?

worldbikr
Car: na

2008 rogue has 205,591 miles.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

worldbikr wrote:2008 rogue has 205,591 miles.
Got a picture of the odometer?

What maintenance have you done?

Thanks

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Wow im impressed with these mileage reports. Mine was 2 years old with 44k when I traded it in for the 2015. 4 months later Ive got 7k on the 15.

D-Rock
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

I just hit the 90K mark on my 2014 last week. So far I have had zero issues with the car and all seems well. I have only done the regular maintenance (oil, filters and I think tranny fluid). I don't anticipate any issues since it's been a great performer (here's hoping).

Mr. Callaway
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

2011 Rogue SV AWD: 103,000 mi.
Synthetic Pennzoil & Purolator filters since new.
Tranny, transfer case & RDU drain and fill at 70 & 100K.
Air and Cabin air filters changed each Spring.
Still using original brake rotors. Third set of rear pads, second set of front pads.
Only issues so far: Replaced AC clutch coil. Left side steering wheel audio controls quit working. Making a rattling sound at start up, possible heat shield?

worldbikr

darylzero wrote:
worldbikr wrote:2008 rogue has 205,591 miles.
Got a picture of the odometer?

What maintenance have you done?

Thanks
need to create an odometer image small enough for avatar file or post to an url. but walmart synthetic oil every 8-10K since first change. plugs at 100 and 200k. serpentine at 110k. had the cvt replaced under warranty at 80k. replaced cvt fluid at 200k (way too late as it had 120K on replaced cvt and was starting to act strange - should have change at 60-70k).

mistake of not changing rear diff oil so had to have driveshaft and rear diff replaced at 175k - $3600.
I think that is about it.

worldbikr

oops. forgot. front brake pads at 110k. don't think ever changed rear yet but they are due. lucas injector cleaner in gas. one cabin filter and couple air filters.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

worldbikr wrote:
need to create an odometer image small enough for avatar file or post to an url. but walmart synthetic oil every 8-10K since first change. plugs at 100 and 200k. serpentine at 110k. had the cvt replaced under warranty at 80k. replaced cvt fluid at 200k (way too late as it had 120K on replaced cvt and was starting to act strange - should have change at 60-70k).

mistake of not changing rear diff oil so had to have driveshaft and rear diff replaced at 175k - $3600.
I think that is about it.
nice thanks for the info!

you said 2008 Rogue, Does yours have the front tranny cooler? There are pictures of it in this thread in case you are not familiar with it (post6656561.html?hilit=trans%20cooler#p6656561)
Just wondering since you got your trans replaced at 80k.

RNsteve
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue sl

Wow guys...

No one over 100,000km?
Bought my 2010 Rogue in January with 90k km, she's at 110k km now.

worldbikr

yes tranny replaced at 80k under warranty. changed fluid at 200k - 120 k later..

worldbikr

no cooler.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed by some of the numbers you guys are hitting.

frankybabi
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S

Purchased on June 20, 2015--> It's September 21, 2015- and I'm just short of 6,000 miles.
My GF lives 40 miles away.. which explains it all. lol

Return to “Rogue Forum”