Who has the highest milage 1st or 2nd gen Rogue here?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

He must've had work done on the paint job, after that many miles you'd expect the paint on the front end to be almost completely worn away from rock chips, and the same goes for the chrome trim pieces!!

Cool story!

RogueGuy45
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

kerrton wrote:He must've had work done on the paint job, after that many miles you'd expect the paint on the front end to be almost completely worn away from rock chips, and the same goes for the chrome trim pieces!!

Cool story!
The part of the story they left out is Irv almost bought a '66 Corvette but decided on the Volvo I believe because it was like $1000.00 less. I don't think we would be talking about a 3M Mile Vette!

kerrton

I just hit 30,000 km on my 2008 SL FWD; considering I drive almost 90% city and short 10 minute trips most of the time, I think this is a significant milestone!! :naughty:

This is an important point regarding type of driving, often people will get excited about buying a used car with super low miles, and say things like "it's barely even broken in!". The reality is, it was probably driven like my car on short in town trips which is quite hard on the engine, whereas a highway-driven vehicle with double the miles would likely be in much better shape (all other things being equal such as maintenance work).

I'm interested to see how my Rogue holds up over the long-haul under my driving style - I baby it and drive very easy on the gas and brakes but do a lot of kid hauling around town, stop and go short trips. At this rate the car will be 7 or 8 years old by the time I hit 100,000 km......I highly doubt the car will last to 300,000 km under these types of conditions without significant cash investment, whereas a guy like Roguemnoster will easily reach this mark and vastly exceed it under his highway driving conditions.

Jerry98vert
Car: 08 Rogue 98 Cobra

Roguemonster wrote:Don't we already have a mileage thread?

Anyway...

Purchased vehicle 4/5/08.
3 degrees and icy, wow. :ohno:

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s

I just hit 58000 miles on my 2008 Rogue. Still running great!

morselicious
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Gothem Gray/350K@sold
2009 Toyota Rav4 /sold
2011 Toyota Rav4/sold
2018 Toyota Rav4/sold
2001 Rav4 AWD /Black/ 130K (present car)

Hey there Roguemonster, I have a 2008, bought in 11/2007 and today (1/13/2011) I have 117,635 mi. I also went through the 5 yr 100,000 warranty in 2 yrs. When did you hit 114,000 mi. and the temp was 103?
Cool looking P1800 Volvo. I wanted one when I was in high school, but ended up with a Spitfire instead. Many Volvos went way over the 100K mark. Would be great if my Nissan Rogue surpassed the 500k mark and still was in no accidents.

pawprint
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL w/technology package

8,369 miles for me.

Main Man
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

my friend has 102,000 miles on their 2007 rogue.... hes does traveling sales

no major problems..... squeaky cvt... thats it

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

morselicious wrote:Hey there Roguemonster, I have a 2008, bought in 11/2007 and today (1/13/2011) I have 117,635 mi. I also went through the 5 yr 100,000 warranty in 2 yrs. When did you hit 114,000 mi. and the temp was 103?
That was in July, and probably in Kansas.

Current mileage is 135,000 or so. Still hasn't been into the dealership (or any shop) for any reason except new tires.

Still runs perfectly.

Probably should change the spark plugs and serpentine belt sometime soon, get the CVT fluid checked, and get the CVT updates done...

worldbikr
Car: na

87,430 miles. Am I in the top 5?

jaxrogue
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I have a black 2009 SL with 65,000 miles. Still running strong with no rattles and OEM tires....Little old lady hit me last night, so have to get back bumper replaced. I am taking to body shop Thursday morning.

kerrton

65,000 miles = 105,000 km on the original OEM tires??? Is this correct? If so this is by far a record and really amazing, I can't believe it! If I get 50,000 km out of mine I'll be happy (getting close now).

cknaack
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

2008 Rogue SL with 64k On it

Roguemonster

Well, it finally happened...a service visit.

The Rogue forced my hand with a bad wheel bearing. Got that fixed, replaced the belts, spark plugs, and flushed pretty much every conceivable fluid (including the CVT).

Caught up on recalls and updates as well.

They did their vehicle inspection thing and declared her seaworthy. Except the wiper blades. They wanted to replace my Bosch Icons. To which I said (exact quote) "Don't touch my wiper blades."'

You guys might actually get a chance to catch up on mileage this year. I seem to be driving less and flying more. In fact, one of my rentals last week was a 2011 Rogue (Thanks Hertz!).

I think I like the new instrumentation better in the day, but mine better at night. The all-white is as boring as I imagined.

That "Fuel Economy" screen is a damn distraction either way, I tell you.

psfod3
Car: 08 rogue

I just replaced my oem Contis on my 08 Rogue with over 70,000 miles on them and about 8,000 miles of usable tred left. I did not find them as bad as every one said.

D-Rock
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

Just got out of a 2009 S AWD, picked up late December 2008, got rid of it at 155,000km March 2011. I don't think I have the highest here, but I got there pretty quickly. Only ever did regular maintenance, ran the stock all seasons and they finally died at the last changeover to the winter tires in October. I brought it back with my winter's on it (Nokian Hakka's).

I picked up my new 2011 S AWD March 2011 (I'm fortunate enough the car is a free company vehicle). I'm at 2500km now and doing a huge Northern Ontario work trip this week so I will push the 5000km when I get home (Ottawa-Pembroke-Sudbury-Smooth Rock Falls-Timmins-Kirkland Lake-North Bay-Ottawa). All this over 2 days so at this rate I may be in a new car in well under 2 years!!

My impressions so far are pretty good. I like the chrome bits on the exterior, not so big on the standard spoiler. It's very difficult to clean under and any tiny bit of snow/ice accumulation makes it very difficult to open the hatch fully.

Interior is cool, I like the new instrumentation and I'm thrilled that when I fill up my tank, there's an old school needle that makes it all the way to "full". Ingenious. Missing blocks be damned!!! I enjoy the mood light although I think I may swap it to a white or blue LED if I find the motivation. I still wish we had the ability to get rid of the trip odometer altogether as an option instead of just A or B.

I invested in the Nissan upgraded winter mats and I like them. The only other modification that I've made are replacing the headlights with Osram Silverstars as Moose are a huge issue up North and every little bit helps. Bosch Icon wiper blades as well.

I may report more after my road trip as I will have a lot of windshield time to think about the new car.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Roguemonster wrote:Image

Well, it finally happened...a service visit.

The Rogue forced my hand with a bad wheel bearing. Got that fixed, replaced the belts, spark plugs, and flushed pretty much every conceivable fluid (including the CVT).

Caught up on recalls and updates as well.
Hi RogueMonster, glad to hear from you as you are our front runner. Happy for you to hear that your car is still running great. What is your average fuel economy these days?

If you may, I got few questions for you:
Do you how much did he cost you for each service? Belts? Spark Plugs? Flushing/replacing coolant? Flushing/replacing brakes fluid? Flushing/replacing CVT fluid? Other fluids in the car.
Do you know if they tested the CVT fluid or just replaced it? If they tested it, do you know the result of the test?

Thanks for any info, enjoy your ride.

88Z+2010Rogue
Car: 1988 300Z Turbo,
2010 Rogue

kerrton wrote:65,000 miles = 105,000 km on the original OEM tires??? Is this correct? If so this is by far a record and really amazing, I can't believe it! If I get 50,000 km out of mine I'll be happy (getting close now).
i'm not surprised. i got 72k miles from the original oem tires on my 07 accord.

Leo2005

88Z+2010Rogue wrote:
kerrton wrote:65,000 miles = 105,000 km on the original OEM tires??? Is this correct? If so this is by far a record and really amazing, I can't believe it! If I get 50,000 km out of mine I'll be happy (getting close now).
i'm not surprised. i got 72k miles from the original oem tires on my 07 accord.
I replaced my contis at 61k miles but probably could get more than that if not a winter but now I have toyo which are total CRAP. Planning to get some different tires as soon as I jump on different wheels.

kerrton

I've hit the 3-year mark on my Rogue, and I've got 45,000 km on the clock, most of which were driven in the city.

We have focussed on the highest total miles, but how about the highest mileage from predominantly city driven Rogue's (lets say 70% or more in-city miles)? Although not nearly as high in number, these miles are much harder on the vehicle and are pretty significant indicators of durability and quality too.

After 45,000 km my Rogue runs great, the only thing I've noticed lately is that the low-speed CVT vibration due to the high gearing seems to be more noticeable and pronounced, as well as the "surging" effect I get as I gently accelerate or decelerate and the torque converter locks/unlocks. I'm very conservative and light on the throttle so I presume this is why I experience these things more than some others, but I still believe it is normal for this vehicle. If not, I'm sure my warranty will take care of me, in particular the 10-year CVT warranty.

Roguemonster

Pescakl1 wrote:Do you how much did he cost you for each service? Belts? Spark Plugs? Flushing/replacing coolant? Flushing/replacing brakes fluid? Flushing/replacing CVT fluid? Other fluids in the car.
Do you know if they tested the CVT fluid or just replaced it? If they tested it, do you know the result of the test?
It cost a whole lot more than if I'd not been so lazy and done some of it myself. ;)

All figures in US dollars at a US dealer (You DID realize those are miles, not kilometers, in my avatar, right?). No, I'm not going to name the dealer.

Wheel Bearing:
Parts $203.16
Labor $180.00

Spark Plugs:
Parts (which includes a "SHP/HDG" line of $29.92???): $109.82
Labor $90.00

Drive Belts
Parts: $64.99
Labor $90.00

CVT Flush (no, I don't think they did the test, even though my exact instructions were "Check and if necessary replace CVT fluid")
Parts: $200.62
Labor: $74.19

Coolant Flush
Parts: $83.77
Labor $47.03

Brake Flush
Parts: $24.47
Labor: $76.20

Rear Differential
Parts $26.18
Labor $61.59

Also did the following recalls at no charge:

Steering Geer
CVT Noise
H Door Handle

My justification in doing all this at once is simple...I have 140,000 miles on the car. It may well be the last time it sees a Nissan dealer under my watch since I'll probably replace it in a year or two.

The Rogue actually seems to run quieter now with the CVT reprogramming, which overall means you could say the thing actually runs BETTER than new now. :biggrin:

Also, I like Kerrton's idea of a "city driving" comparison, but it probably deserves its own thread.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Thanks a lot, Roguemonster, for all the info.
I don't see myself doing these kinds of service (it is more a competence problem more than a time problem, for my part), that is why I asked, to get a price range idea.

So, you did all these services at 3 year - about 135.000 miles?

I am not sure, but, do the plugs, belt, brake fluid and coolant have a limit in miles too, and not just in time?
Anyway, they served you good, as your car seems to run like a champ.

Roguemonster

Pescakl1 wrote:I am not sure, but, do the plugs, belt, brake fluid and coolant have a limit in miles too, and not just in time?
Probably, but the engine performance gave me no reason to believe the plugs were in any way bad. The (easily seen, there's apparently two) belt was starting to look worn just recently. My mileage is, of course, largely highway, and far less stressful on all this stuff than a city driver.

Oh...gas mileage...hasn't really changed much from when it was new. I took a two-hour interstate highway trip yesterday...got 30 with the wind going out, 24 against it coming back according to the trip thingie (which, yes, I know is usually off). Pretty typical for current temps and conditions. But I don't really pay much attention to that anymore.

This sure has been a great vehicle. :dblthumb:

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Filled up today at 12,455 miles. I drive so many less miles since moving to the west coast. When I lived out east I would run a good 25-30k miles per year. Now I am in the 10-12K.

300winmag
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD

Got mine today, a whole 34Km on it..... I lose lol

kerrton

Just hit 50,000 km today on my 08 Rogue FWD, the car is 3 years, 5 months old. No major problems other than CVT replaced early on due to a factory defect, otherwise the car has been reliable so far but I'm just getting started and expect the good luck to continue for many more years. Probably the thing I'm happiest with is the excellent fuel economy, which is very close to what the sticker promised!

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

kerrton wrote:I've hit the 3-year mark on my Rogue, and I've got 45,000 km on the clock, most of which were driven in the city.

We have focussed on the highest total miles, but how about the highest mileage from predominantly city driven Rogue's (lets say 70% or more in-city miles)? Although not nearly as high in number, these miles are much harder on the vehicle and are pretty significant indicators of durability and quality too.

After 45,000 km my Rogue runs great, the only thing I've noticed lately is that the low-speed CVT vibration due to the high gearing seems to be more noticeable and pronounced, as well as the "surging" effect I get as I gently accelerate or decelerate and the torque converter locks/unlocks. I'm very conservative and light on the throttle so I presume this is why I experience these things more than some others, but I still believe it is normal for this vehicle. If not, I'm sure my warranty will take care of me, in particular the 10-year CVT warranty.
I'm at 32,000 miles on my 08 AWD. 95% city driving, about 2000 miles on it towing a 1800 lb trailer, and another 4000 towing miles going on it again this winter!
I too notice the surging effect from the CVT moreso now. But like you said, it's only when I drive it very conservatively.
I DO have a new noise that occurs when accelerating up to 20 mph and letting off the throttle and coasting it. Will probably post a video sometime this week if I'm able to capture the sound.

Plus 3 Golfer
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD - Virtually fully loaded

I'm a new member who Just bought a used 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White Pearl with 105k miles. Does this qualify for high mileage even though only about 100 miles are mine? :biggrin:

Options:
Moonroof Package
Leather Package
Premium Package
Rear Bumper Protector
Roof Rail Crossbars
Floor Mats

Also, includes window tint, wheel locks, all books and maintenance records ++++ a new CVT transmission and transaxle at 104,403 miles. About the only options it doesn't have are the tow bar and rear spoiler.

RoGoLa
Car: Nissan Rogue SV AWD 2011

bought mine on 05/21/2011 and it is now 6700 miles after 3 months.

Roguemonster

Plus 3 Golfer wrote:I'm a new member who Just bought a used 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White Pearl with 105k miles. Does this qualify for high mileage even though only about 100 miles are mine? :biggrin:
Curious...What did you pay for yours, and did you get it from a Nissan dealer, or a non-Nissan dealer?

(Kinda interested in what high mileage Rogues are going for...not that I'm selling mine or anything...)

Return to “Rogue Forum”