Which would you prefer for your G? Turbo- or Super Charging

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Toad[^_^]

I personally prefer the highway driving experience so the turbo is really the only option...

finbleu
Car: Mountain Climbing

I would buy a clean, all inclusive Supercharger package even if it is more expensive than the other options. I would also prefer to purchase professional installation. I would NOT buy a NOX or Turbocharger.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I voted S/C. If you are wanting to turn it into an all out race car and money isn't an issue, i'd say turbo it. But for an everyday driver with occasional track days, I think the super is the way to go.

booger
Car: modding the G

finbleu wrote:I would buy a clean, all inclusive Supercharger package even if it is more expensive than the other options. I would also prefer to purchase professional installation. I would NOT buy a NOX or Turbocharger.
Right now...there is no real inclusive SC package......that is safe on a QV engine .Got to add some type of fuel and timing control

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have been rethinking this whole issue of supercharger or turbocharger or other engines mods (intake, headers, plenum, etc...). For simple performance gains it is obvious that a turbo or supercharger setup is the way to go. For money concerns, I don't know, by the time you get headers, plenum, intake and whatever else, your cost while still less than an s/c is still going to be rather high.

So, my question is, why even deal with headers, intakes and the likes if the performace gains will only be minimal compared to a s/c?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Because you have to upgrade those things to get the full benefit of the forced induction...

But if your saying why bother with anything, thats a good point... Now, as the car is naturally aspirated, there are probably minimal gains that can be had UNLESS you really go big... Putting a huge exhaust is only going to help so much because the engine can only flow so much air....

However, when forced induction comes into play, there is MORE air than normal (duh)... So you wont see FULL benefits of a supercharger or turbo UNLESS the other systems are upgraded as well (unless you have a Q which already have upgraded components :D )

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The thing is you gain more performance just strapping on a supercharger than you do by doing all the other mods, correct? Of course doing all the other engine mods along with a supercharger is going to have more performance gains than just a supercharger by itself.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”