Which is a better car?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
GTR-33

You are right Sami, they would be thrown a higher minimum weight... I wonder though.... The JGTC throws around weight penalties so often, would it really make a difference that the GTR had a higher mimimum weight? Just about any time a car throws out any kind of incredible lap time, it gets a weight penalty. The winner of the previous race also recives a weight penalty.... It's crazy...

BTW... What ever happened to the HKS CLK?

Sami

GTR-33 wrote:The JGTC throws around weight penalties so often, would it really make a difference that the GTR had a higher mimimum weight?
Thought of that myself and came to the conclusion it does. You'd be putting yourself in disadvantage early in the season and it would take time for the other teams to gather up victories to get to the weight of the AWD car. I don't know exactly how the weight penalties are calculated, for both AWD and victories, but I would think the AWD penalty would be quite a lot in relation to the victory penalties.

I have no doubt that an AWD GT-R would be faster than RWD.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

since we're on the subject of weightpenalties, how much added weight do they put on the cars, and where? i mean, they dont just slap a few cinder blocks and a couple bags of concrete in the trunk

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:since we're on the subject of weightpenalties, how much added weight do they put on the cars, and where? i mean, they dont just slap a few cinder blocks and a couple bags of concrete in the trunk
I have no idea how much but the weight itself, I think that's up to the team to decide what and where. Just that they add to the minimum that it has to be in the weight-in.

nlzmo400r

wait, the team decides how much weight is added? that doesnt make sense

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:wait, the team decides how much weight is added? that doesnt make sense
No, the team decides where to put the weight.

nlzmo400r

well that makes more sense, but id still like to know how much weight, and if its in one big block type of deal

GTR-33

They have all sorts of size weights, the largest one i've seen was a 40kilogram weight. I think the have a 40, 20, 10, 5 and 1. They put color coded stickers on the driver side of the car so you can see how much they added. I'm pretty sure most, if not all teams put the weight where the pass. seat would normaly be, to keep the weight distributed as evenly as possible.

sachmo12345

i like supras way too much and i how would i get a skyline

pric65

The place to put the weight is also regulated by rules (at least it is in B2000 class, which has very similar weight penaltys). There is a special place for it by the driver (where the passenger seat would be).

nlzmo400r

sorry to threadjack, but nice numbers on your SR Price65

pric65

thnx

AREITU

NSX yo.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”