Where to buy SR20DET Engines

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
sloth
Car: 1995 240SX SE (stock KA24DE)

What's everyone's overall views of Osaka? I've got my choices narrowed down to Osaka, Jazzproparts and Japan Motor Import... which would be the best in your opinions?

And...help a noob out

What's the difference between these two?http://www.japanmotorimport.co...ID=96http://www.japanmotorimport.co...ID=20

aaronsnocker1
Car: 93 240sx

Why don't you all try out the sponsors of this site. I'm pretty sure you can get some good prices. Check in the advertiser section and look through their websites.

ralphsdiorama
Car: 1991 240sx, 1998 240sx (RB project)

I got my motor from Japan Motor Import and it is currently running beautifully. I rate there service as a 4 only because they forgot my MAF sensor but everything else was great. I also give Heavy Throttle a big 5 for supplying me with all of my after-market parts and answering any questions I had.

sloth
Car: 1995 240SX SE (stock KA24DE)

Thanks, i'll give them a call in the morning.

92vert240
Car: S13 hatch S14SR20 stock record-12.35 at 110, 87 t-type 10.69 at 132. hatch daily.

Im looking to buy a s14 clip in April 2007. I have plenty of time to look around. I want the best one available but do not want to be ripped off on the same token. The motor will be going in an s13 w/ 70k miles on it garage kept since 1991 and never seen snow. So, i want a front clip equally as perfect and with low miles. Bone stock would be a plus. Any ides where to start looking? There are so many vendors out there its hard to know who's reputable. Thanks. alot.

brandonlgilbert
Car: 1996 240sx SE w/ S14 SR20DET

Sloth I bought my S14 SR20 from JazzPro, because I wanted to avoid Osaka (a friend bought his GTO motor from them and it was scrap at best. ie a hole in the trans. They basically told him to F-off.). Anyway JazzPro and Osaka are the same people. I tracked my motor set and everything came up Osaka Auto. I would stay away from both.

Go with Heavy Throttle or Enjuku. You may pay a little more but they sell ONLY quality stuff and the guys there are awesome.

B

da40
Car: 1995 SE 240sx

intercrew racing in garland texas talk tp phill or arnold theyll hook it up ,i got mine there and its been nothing but good things ..214 575 6288

Works4s14
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

Let me start off by saying Ricky's Auto Center out of Miami is a joke. I can only give them a 1. I got my frontclip, it wasn't compression tested (the 4th cylindar was shot) the valve cover was cracked. And to top it all off, it appears to me that the car it was pulled from was obviously on fire at one point lol. The speed sensor in the tranny was melted along with a few other signs of fire damage. The customer service was terrible nothing was replaced, as a matter of fact he'd only speak on the phone with me, never would return e-mails. After a few months I talked to a friend that bought a motorset from them. His motor was f'ed too. His timing tensioners were broken, had low compression on one cylinder, and his ignition coil needed to be replaced. So please if you're considering getting a motor from these people, unless you want fast shipping on a hunk of metal that doesn't work don't buy from here. Since then i've only been dealing closely with Phase2 and JGY and can't say enough about either company. Excellent service, timely shipping, good prices. Phase2 especially, they get a 5 out of 5.

xander432
Car: 1998 white 240sxse just got my s14 sr and gt2871r

well, now i'm gonna have to give Osaka a 4, the s14 they sent me seems to be great/clean shape from what my shop is saying. I didnt get to look at it cause I'm currently in Iraq. If your reading this post cause you're thinking of buying a set from Osaka, just remember that this is just one case of the very few people that got a great deal. I odered my set before I did any research on this company. If I could do it all over again I would definitely spend the extra money and go with other more reputable companies(enjuku, P2MT, HT...you should know them all).

notslow
Car: Nissan Sileighty

sr_powered wrote:i got mine from JDMSource.ca located in canada. they got nice customer service. this guy named Shoaib was the guy i talked to, and he knows whats up with the sr20det. i got a red top for 2100 shipped. the engine was nice, he even send pics of the motor before it was shipped out. the engine came complete with complete harness and ecu. everything is great, even the driving is great. got some water in the spark plug chambers due to pressure washing, but other than that, i gave them a 5+. MAF wasn't with the motor, but JDMSource send it right out when i called them back about it. they're awesome!
Same Thing Here. Got mine from JDM source, awesome price. When it came in I was pleased to see the uncut wiring harness. Engine was totally clean and in awesome condition. Guy I talked to seemed to know what he was talkin about. I liked them so much I called them back a couple months later and ordered my Silvia Front end from them. Guy waited till he had great condition fenders for me and tossed in a GTR front grille. Definitaly a 5+. Will be going back to them probably for 300ZX brakes if they got em.

HOMEMADE240SXTURBO
Car: 1989 NISSAN 240SX KA24E

yellow_jacket wrote:Got my SR from [removed]. [removed] is the man. Customer service is definetely top notch. I have also seen quite a few of his motors running around in this area and they have always been in excellent condition. I would recommend him anytime
Hey,where is [removed] in newnan,ga? do you have their phone numbers? it seems like thei website is not working... appreciate your help. thanks.

aaronsnocker1
Car: 93 240sx

Hey did you get your car up and running yet?

HOMEMADE240SXTURBO
Car: 1989 NISSAN 240SX KA24E

mmashburn wrote:I bought my engine from [removed] in Newnan, GA. [removed] was very cool and he actually cranked up the front clip for me. The price was 2799 i think. Every thing is smooth so far.

I have to give them a 5.

Here is their website, it's cool b/c they have videos of their current inventory.. they crank up each one:

[removed]

BTW... has anyone dealt with Venus Auto, they had really poor customer service in my opinion. I asked them to do a few simple things for me if they wanted me to buy a front clip. I wanted pictures and compression numbers of their current motors. He told me he would email me pictures, but they never came, so I gave up on them. I made several phone calls to them to try and get some type of info..??? nothing happened... anyone else experience this type of situation from Venus?
Hi,where is [removed] in newnan, GA? do u have their phone number? Thanks...

thatdudety
Car: 1991 dodge stealth

i live in north carolina... what would be the best way to find a sr motor for a not so expensive price?

9tray2fourOsX
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx

I got my SR20DET from JDM-Online yesterday. The engine is in great shape. Nice and clean, with everything promised. Nesar was a great help. i would suggest them to anyone looking to purchase a engine for a swap.

neb456

I went through a company called Flashoptions... Many of you have probably heard some "sweet" stories about them... I would give them at 1 and thats being generous. It took 14 months to receive, kind of, I had to drive 2 hours to pick it up at a shipping company. (the shipping company was very nice though) At first Flashoptions was very accommodating and replied to e-mails quickly, but as time continued I became agitated and starting asking questions and fewer and fewer replies came. I emailed AT LEAST once a day, while at the same time contacting the consumer protection agency, the FBI and numerous other services, more phone calls, emails, and paper work, none of them said they could do much. So I took matters into my own hands, contacting lawyers in Malaysia (home base for flashoptions) the American Embassy, and discovered this forum along with others, to gather information against Flashoptions from other customers and possibly get a class action law suit. (another forum member had been doing this for a few months before I got started and had the ball rolling) Finally, 14 months after I ordered I finally received an email with information about my clip coming, The owner of Flashoptions was very apologetic and "said" he was going to make it up to me. If I didn't have it in 30 days he would give me half my money back. It landed in Cali. and from there went to MN. The shipping company in MN said they couldn't release the clip to me since the shipping company in Cali. wasn't paid and needed the bill the lading and such. I had to play middle man for weeks trying to make sure everyone had the correct paper work and payment with people that were on the califonia coast and flashoptions in malaysia and the company that brought it from malaysia to the united states, a very slow process. (Wasn't Flashoptions suppose to take care of that?) and because of all that wasted time the company in MN was charging me holding fees/day. (but ended up having some sympathy for me because of my situation) to go along with paying people off and going on wild goose hunts for mysterious paper work that I had never seen nor heard of, I had to hire a customs broker to check it through customs.(recommended by a shipping company), who ended up being as useful as flashoptions was, So I had fire the lazy bastard and drive to MN, go to the airport and go through customs with the bill of lading and fumigation paperwork and prove that it wasn't some bomb in the crate and after that, prove the item was actually mine b/c the original destination was a friends-family business and addressed to my friend, not me. After a few phone calls to clear that up, the customs agent was actually a big Nissan fan and actually knew about the SR20., and also knew it wasn't street legal and would have to go through further DOT and EPA regulations/paperwork. I told him it was for off road use only, he chuckled, signed my paperwork and said "Nice loop hole." After all that headach I had to get off work early and source a trailer and a truck to go to MN to pick it up. And then Flashoptions told me it was my fault that it wasn't to me in time and would not refund any money. Now the good part about this though is that despite the years that have been shaved off my life and the ulcers that are likely to appear, the clip was in decent condition, or the critical parts were, I had to find some silvia fenders off ebay, but was just happy to be done with FLashoptions. The engine runs strong, compression was very consistent. The clip, a redtop was $1800, a vlsd w/5 lug axles and 4.1:1 gears - $200 but ended up being the complete rear subframe with a bigger sway bar. Body work including silvia projectors- $600 and $500 shipping=3100. I just hope that my error will make people think about who they purchase from, if I could do it again I would go through Heavy Throttle or someone that is more reputable rather than jumping on the best deal. I've heard worse stories though(which was AFTER i ordered it) t

jubee
Car: 92hs13

Well i bought my motor from z-fever i would rate them a 3.

was sappose to have a black top but had a red top with a black top valve cover. was missing a ton of bolts and other misc parts. owner kinda d!ck me over. but end getting prob resolved it was not for charles, who does not work there no more. I will say this though that motor has take a beating and is still running strong so i can't complain too much.

Next Durdan Perfab there is no rate that i can give taylor and his shop becasue his quaility and honesty is far beyond excellent. if anyone is in FL or hell even out of state i would def hit Durdan perfab up. He is one of the most honest person and is not out to rip people off.

Dorf
Car: 1993 240SX SE, Coupe

WOW, I wish I would have read this first. I too was taken by Rick's Auto Center, Raceup out of Miami. My 3rd cylinder is shot, his relpy was "I broke the piston ring". I would rate him a 0, but I did receive a motor so he gets a 1.

Jadesr20det
Car: 1990 NISSAN 240SX

As of my last post the engine had not been swapped in. As of today my redtop that I received from ASAPMOTORS is running like a champ!!!! It pulls HARD through all gears and I don't get traction till I hit third (on an open diff mind you). Overall a 5 I did have to call them a few times to receive my ecu but when they sent a box of goodies they sent me 2 wiring harnesess, a jdm cluster, 2 ecus and 3 mafs!!!!! Excellent service from Bruce, Jason, and Diana will def buy from them again once I get my coupe.

niko00005
Car: 1989 240 sx

Modified by niko00005 at 9:41 PM 5/13/2007

mrharmon10
Car: 96' 240sx,SR20DET Redtop, Garret GT2871r, Sard 550cc,GReddy Type-s Bov, Greddy Evo Exhaust w/ 2.25in

I got my motor from Japan Star Motors in albany. I bought an SR20det Motorset from them. Sam is their sales rep. He helped me out to his full power. He sent me a free turbo inlet tube to run my air filter. Made the transaction very easy. Sam sold me a great motorset and so far it's running strong.

zanilth
Car: 1995 Nissan 240 SX

Alright, I am looking into getting a front clip to do a SR swap. I have been emailing quite a few places who are 'reputable' for engines and such, based upon the last three pages of information. My question is though, nowadays where is a good place to look? For example, 240sxmotoring.com no longer sells engines. I haven't heard back from anyone else yet, but anyone have any good ideas?

Dorf
Car: 1993 240SX SE, Coupe

I just got mine from G-Dimension in Cal. and I would rate them 5. Motor was super clean and runs great. I wish I would have used them the first time. Call 626-839-3777 and ask for James.

masterteque
Car: 1993 s13 convertible 1993 s13 coupe

I buy all my swaps and clips from Jdmexchange. Their site is http://www.jdmexchange.com. The owner is Nick and he is a great guy. They are also close enough for me to pick up. They have some of the cleanest stuff I have seen.....

whiplash willy
Car: 93 Coupe 90 SR Hatch

I got my clip from UP Garage in Tacoma, Wa. http://www.upgarageusa.com/

I give them a 5

It was by far the cleanest clip I have ever seen. It was the 2nd to last s13 blacktop ever produced. It has run perfect so far for 4000+ miles. My SMIC had a small leak in it, so they paid for a local shop to fix it for me. Doug, the owner, personally delivered the clip to me (from Tacoma to Portland, Or) They have answered every question I have ever had and are very friendly and helpful. They even found someone to buy the empty clip from me for $400! Anyone thinking of getting a SR should talk with them. If you do a search on northwestnissans you will hear nothing but good things about them.

Modified by whiplash willy at 9:53 AM 5/24/2007

zanilth
Car: 1995 Nissan 240 SX

Anyone ever got a motor set from japanmotorimport.com?

http://www.japanmotorimport.com/JDM_engines/Nissan

kingdutka

eBay: $1100 and only 33k miles.

Needed to buy parts seperate:I/C (ebay)Engine Harness (the one that came with it was shot) (ebay)MAF (ebay)Fuel Pump (ebay)Ignitor (ebay)Clutch Assembly (mechanic purchased for me)Drive Shaft (mechanic purchased from custom shop in CA)Electric Fan (ebay)

Grand Total including shop installation: $5000 (and I didnt do a single lick of work myself) This includes a custom Magnaflow exhaust from downpipe to muffler tip (i had him leave out the cat converter. no emissions in my state)

Downside: Mechanic wired engine wrong, fried out the ignitor, and couldn't figure out what went wrong or how to fix it. Brought it home myself, re-wired the engine based on Skinnee Pants Shift_180 video (KICK BUTT) and now waiting for new ignitor.

Overall: If you are doing this yourself on a budget, go with ebay parts and get yourself the Shift_180 video (There are links to it on this site in the FAQ section of this forum). If you can afford "guaranteed to be nicer than ebay" stuff such as brand new, etc, I'd go with HeavyThrottle.com. I am happy with my ebay parts.
Modified by kingdutka at 9:03 AM 6/5/2007

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

Parts all purchased from durdan perfab out of FL.

Shop does RHD conversions and has been dealing with 240sx' since the 90s. Taylor knows his stuff. Wiring was spot on. Every since wire shortened to length. Ultra clean looking harness. Motor had 55k on it. All parts in good order. He also helped me out with installation questions and gave very helpful tips to make the install look more oem.

Price paid $2000 for the motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, maf, smic and piping, ignitor. I did a lot of upgrades and maintanence things before I put the motor in.

Motor runs strong. No smoke. No issues.

Highly recommend him.

Durdan Perfab813.766.9304

mi240sx
Car: 1990 240 sx se

http://www.HeavyThrottle. com/Motor Set I give a 5After market kit 5Warranty 8Tech Support 8Price 8

If you haven't done the swap yet and are going to, go ahead while the motor is out and add a better head gasket, replace head bolts with studs, get a after market exhaust manifold that a t-28 turbo will fit, some 550-750 fuel injectors, upgraded MAFS. Why, because your going to put the SR20DET in with Apex 3" exhaust, high flow cone air filter and a Large FMIC. Your going to install it, get it running, go tear up some asphalt scaring the crap out of people that want to see how fast it is and you'll say. I wish I had done this or that, this car is fast but I can still control it.

gordonliu
Car: 92 s13 coupe

Im trying to get a newish (lowest mileage possible) s13 blacktop clip

Im in SoCal, and I was planning on picking it up.

my options are

passwordjdmG-dimension

and then just based on reviews/feedback

heavythrottle (this would obviously be shipped)

im leaning towards passwordjdm. what do you guys think

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”