Where to buy SR20DET Engines

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
zach-Ka
Car: 1990 240sx (SR)

Jah1mon wrote:Did Noyanusa.com change there number?

I was attempting to contact them with the phone numbers listed on there site One number said the line was disconnected, and the (800) kept ringing.
Not that I know of it was around november when I bought mine. When did you try to call?

Jah1mon
Car: s13 coupe

zach-Ka wrote:Not that I know of it was around november when I bought mine. When did you try to call?
I tried to call last week.

masterdisaster
Car: 1991 JDM 180SX

PyR0NiAk wrote:
hmm.. when I did my researching, I found that most people said it isn't recommended to get your engines from canada... jdmracingmotors is located in canada....
that's just BS .. these guys take out their engines from running cars in most cases!!

and like i said .. they hand pick their own stock.. so it's not some random guy or compagny in japan that picks up the stuff

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

masterdisaster wrote:
that's just BS .. these guys take out their engines from running cars in most cases!!

and like i said .. they hand pick their own stock.. so it's not some random guy or compagny in japan that picks up the stuff
So have you, yourself purchased an sr20 from them?

masterdisaster
Car: 1991 JDM 180SX

PyR0NiAk wrote:
So have you, yourself purchased an sr20 from them?
as mentionned above... i bought a complete car from them!

1991 180sx with sr20det

then i got some almost brand new Cusco Comp-S coilover and Enkei wheels, a sweet a** 3'' down pipe, apexi intake filter kit, apexi twin chamber BOV.

everyting was always top shape..+ they get me free lunch when i buy stuff.. i absolutely love that shop!

my friend got a 1991 R32 GTR from them..and a couple of my buddies picked up some Integra Type Rs... engine where always clean

+ their mechanics do a great job!!

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

masterdisaster wrote:
as mentionned above... i bought a complete car from them!

1991 180sx with sr20det

then i got some almost brand new Cusco Comp-S coilover and Enkei wheels, a sweet a** 3'' down pipe, apexi intake filter kit, apexi twin chamber BOV.

everyting was always top shape..+ they get me free lunch when i buy stuff.. i absolutely love that shop!

my friend got a 1991 R32 GTR from them..and a couple of my buddies picked up some Integra Type Rs... engine where always clean

+ their mechanics do a great job!!
so, then the shop is near you... see... that's the problem... there's NOTHING around here... i have to judge off reputation and order online... the reason i had said before that i'm pretty sure i'm going sr20 store is because the guy compression tests, take pics of the engine with oil pan and valve cover removed and sends them to you before you proceed with purchasing the engine...

EfiniRX7
Car: 93 FD3S not going anywhere, 2003 E46 M3 traded, s14 sold, 2010 camaro sold, now another kouki s14, FD did go somewhere, Now a 535whp rotary Kouki s14

I have been rolling around with my J-Hot s14 sr for about 2-3 weeks now. I made 250whp, 260lbs on 12psi. I only have a front mount, and full 3in exhaust with no cats. Just an update on my previous post, J-Hot is the real deal.

PyR0NiAk

EfiniRX7 wrote:I have been rolling around with my J-Hot s14 sr for about 2-3 weeks now. I made 250whp, 260lbs on 12psi. I only have a front mount, and full 3in exhaust with no cats. Just an update on my previous post, J-Hot is the real deal.
s13 sr stock shows empty on j hot btw.. next time, post a link lol... jhot.com is definitely one of those random pr0n link sites

240ND
Car: 1990 240SX....2006 Harley Davidson Sportster....2006 Honda Civic EX(Sold)...1997 Honda Accord LX

Has anyone done any business with G Speed Corp?I looked on here but found little info on their reputationI was planning on getting a clip from G-Dimension, but a friend brought up this G Speed because i was saying how i needed the body parts with the clip.so any help would be appreciated. thanks

zach-Ka
Car: 1990 240sx (SR)

Jah1mon wrote:
I tried to call last week.
Idk what to tell you man, Try e-mailing him.

Beems240sx
Car: built S14, E30, R6 raven

i bought my s13 blacktop from jhot, it came with too much stuff haha. pulls hard to 7 grand and runs like a champ. would DEFINATLY buy from again!

nickyoobatz

I'm getting an S14 SR20 blacktop next month. I've narrowed it down to either jdmracingmotors or japan star motors. anybody else deal with them?

Jah1mon

nickyoobatz wrote:I'm getting an S14 SR20 blacktop next month. I've narrowed it down to either jdmracingmotors or japan star motors. anybody else deal with them?
I have purchased from Japan Star. Probably recommend inspecting, and picking the engine up in person. First motor they sold me was blown from the start. But they exchanged it with little to no problem.

nickyoobatz

I
Jah1mon wrote:
I have purchased from Japan Star. Probably recommend inspecting, and picking the engine up in person. First motor they sold me was blown from the start. But they exchanged it with little to no problem.
They're based in Albany right? I'm moving from NJ to Florida next month, maybe I can go there before I move and work something out with them which motor to send me.

PyR0NiAk

if you read through this thread... you'll notice i went through several comapanies trying to make my decision... through everyone i talked to, my decision lies on sr20store.com i definitely recommend you check them out

kouki4silvia

you can also check out jdmsource.com thats where a buddy of mine got his engine. he got his with everything for about 2900 shipped to his house. depending on what engine you want whether it but the s13 sr to s15. also i hear alot of good things from jdmofmiami. depends on where you live. i trust pandagarage.com however i never bought engines from them. but there customer service is excellent

JdrifterCA
Car: 1992 240sx LE

I got mine from Sr20store. atfirst i was very paranoid of geting a freakign bad motor or it will break or the install will be bad, problems later on blah blah, and keep thinking i should look for a cheaper place blah blah blah.

But now im effing glad i brought it from Marco at sr20store. I brought the whole swap including installation. Not going to mention the price, but it was a s13 black top with greddy fmic, koyo rad, nismo engine mount. The installation was flawless, and the engine is IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. It dynoed 189hp/189torque stock. And the shop i dynoed at was OSR a local nissan shop. EVen their shop said the swap was great and the motor was in outstanding condition.

Sr20store sold me a strong engine, and the swap was so clean. i actually spent over half a year to look for my engine swap, and I ended with sr20store and no regrets what so ever, the best thing is Marco will always help you out after the swap. He helped me fix so many things that was originally broken before the swap. Free. So yea.. sr20store ftw.

shift_SRDETuser
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE

totaljdm aka torontojdm or jdmmiami

all good

Jah1mon

nickyoobatz wrote:I

They're based in Albany right? I'm moving from NJ to Florida next month, maybe I can go there before I move and work something out with them which motor to send me.
Yes they have a warehouse in Albany, and I also believe the owners operates out of Montreal as well. I just recommend bringing someone with you and inspecting the motorset/swap properly. They seem to deal with Honda engines a bit more, so they are not as knowledgeable with Nissan engines.

sidewaysonmy180
Car: nissan 240sx

Hey has anyone ever bought an sr off of http://www.diamondjapanese.netkinda stumbeled into it while looking prices seem to be good.

Jadesr20det
Car: 1990 NISSAN 240SX

I bought my sr from asap motors had it in for 3 years no problems i have heard some horror stories from them though

Scorpion2007
Car: 91 Nissan 240SX

912.0turbo wrote:I got my motor from Scorpion Auto Designs here in San Antonio Texas. HORRIBLE motor AND HORRIBLE Customer Service. I'll give them a -5(yes thats a negative five). My motor was locked up and had numerous other small issues with it. If anyone is in this area do NOT deal with this clown.
This is very old but still comes up in search engines. And one of my recent customers brought it up to me on 09/01/09.

In Scorpion Auto Designs's defense---- we sold this motor to our customer (we know who) many years ago at our Kirby Location (at which point is now closed since we have moved to Converse) and this motor was in excellent condition for being a used JDM motor. It came to us very clean with no broken sensors or damaged parts. It is true that alot of JDM engine suppliers only give you 2 weeks to install and run the engine to find out if its bad or not. Reason being these are used motors and they don't want some punk kid out there ragging out engines and crying about them being bad after a month. These are still stock motors and if you want to rag them out and drive them hard, then you need to build your engine for that.

In the case stated above I checked our invoices on this customer and the notes clearly state that the reason this customer is complaining is not because of bad customer service or a faulty motor, but because of lack of money for us to do a professional installation. This customer had his motor sitting at our shop for 2 weeks before he decided to come in and finish paying us. At this point he told us that he did not have the funds for us to install it and he wanted to pick up the motor and take it with him. We helped him load the motor into his truck and he left. (Good Customer Service) About 2 months went buy before we heard from him again, and when we answered the phone the first thing he said was "What is my warranty on this motor?" We asked what happened and he explained that he took it to another shop and they attempted to install it, somewhere along the way they screwed up the motor. He tried stating that the motor was locked up upon recieving it.(He Spun the Crank multiple times before taking the motor home with him) But in reality the other shop told us they messed with timing and after that it locked up, (so timing was off and when they cranked it, poof its locked up.) Of course when we told our customer that we could not help him, to take it up with the people that broke it. We got the short end of the stick and an EX-Customer crying on this forum.

If anyone is serious about doing a swap give us a call and try us out for you own opinions. We have been open for 10 years now and we have made alot of people happy. But it's like they say you cannot please them all, but we try anyways.

Since we are not sponsors of this site, and in order to show respect to them, all we can say is look us up on google.

JeremyScorpion Auto Designs

SmokeNtires
Car: 1995 240sx se sold / 1967 mustang gt

i know that this topic has not been posted on i a long while but i figure i would ask here since this is along the same topic

Anyone have any place to suggest that is in the D/Fw area?

tried to look up the intercrew but when i called the number it was not a working number

thanks

S14CO
Car: 1995 240sx

anyone heard anything about pandagarage im in socal and looking to get a sr with in the next couple months

jaCkee
Car: 1990 240sx coupe

hey all there was a recently a new company called dragonmotorsports the guy name is Omar he a pretty cool dude to deal with i purchase an s14 sr20det for my s13 and its wicked clean and speechless about the whole set. if anyone is looking for parts or engines email him : [email protected] and ask for Omar he be the best guy to talk to here are a couple pic of my motor just to show you guys.

from 1-5 scale i choose 5 great customer service, pretty good price on parts, replys to every email i sent, let me know whats going on and provided tracking number!

embedilac
Car: Acura Integra

I have some questions:Does they do the swap job when I bought it?Can I buy an S15 engine to put in my S13?

Thanks,Nguyen.

Morph
Car: 91 Sr Powered Coupe

embedilac wrote:I have some questions:Does they do the swap job when I bought it?Can I buy an S15 engine to put in my S13?

Thanks,Nguyen.
Seriously why do you want an S15 engine? Not trying to be a d!ck but what are your reasons for wanting said engine and not the S14 or S13.

PyR0NiAk

Morph wrote:
Seriously why do you want an S15 engine? Not trying to be a d!ck but what are your reasons for wanting said engine and not the S14 or S13.
Nothing about that question strikes me as being a "d!ck", Morph. The only advantage to S15 engine is super low miles and the ability to say "I've got an S15 engine." Which most people could give 2 s***s less anyway. The wow factor strikes when you say SR20. They could care less which version.

Morph
Car: 91 Sr Powered Coupe

Just didnt want the kid to take it the wrong way. IMHO its a waste of money to get an S15 unless its given to you. Alot more work to get the the same place as the S13 or 14 engines. Ya you get a little more hp and less miles but, its not worth the headaches.

I think alot of new kids to the scene say that OMFG S15 SR .

embedilac
Car: Acura Integra

Morph wrote:Just didnt want the kid to take it the wrong way. IMHO its a waste of money to get an S15 unless its given to you. Alot more work to get the the same place as the S13 or 14 engines. Ya you get a little more hp and less miles but, its not worth the headaches.

I think alot of new kids to the scene say that OMFG S15 SR .
Like you said, I've just wanted that engine because my S13's head is S15, only that reason :P.So, will they help me to replace the engine? Or I should do it by myself?

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”