Where to buy SR20DET Engines

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
apex240
Car: 1989 240SX coupe (sr20det w/hud)

I recommend Royaljapanesemotors , I give them a 5 out of 5. Bad turbo, sent me a replacement upon receiving old turbo, very painless. I would give tigerjapanese a 0 out of 5, motor lasted 4 days (ka24e for my former winter car, 91 Stanza). Refunded engine cost, out 900.00 for shipping and install.

sjbsuperman1425
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
CA18DET

i've been told NOT to purchase JDM engines from places in Canada on account of bad motors? Idk if this is just a business tactic so i buy from him or what but it doesn't seem that way, except for tigerjapanese and osaka, and of course the famous Flash Options(man that sucks) But yea, if anybody can confirm or dismiss this "rumor" that'd be great

and btw, how much are motorsets usually from Marco?

shift_SRDETuser
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE

sjbsuperman1425 wrote:i've been told NOT to purchase JDM engines from places in Canada on account of bad motors? Idk if this is just a business tactic so i buy from him or what but it doesn't seem that way, except for tigerjapanese and osaka, and of course the famous Flash Options(man that sucks) But yea, if anybody can confirm or dismiss this "rumor" that'd be great

and btw, how much are motorsets usually from Marco?
If you can try and get a motor from the USA. I bought my motor from Canada and it was a very hard process. The motor sat in customs for about a month and I had to fax an epa form to them. totaljdm is who I dealt with and I must say the motor is clean enough to eat off of ... a series 2 sr20det from a jdm 97-98 silvia with 36 thousand miles. So, while most in canada would not be good to deal with I would recommend them but be prepared for a battle.

JDMKorea240SX
Car: Nissan 240SX

So i am planning on buying a SR next month. I have found a place in canada called JDM General Motors. The prices are awesome but also make me sceptical. HAs anyone ever dealt with them?

http://www.japangeneralmotor.c...issan

xpicer
Car: 1990 nissan 240sx

buying engines from canada is a , look it up , a big example is oasaka motors

zoneoneoni
Car: Nissan 240SX SR20DET

I got my SR20DET redtop front clip from http://www.jrautoparts.com. I'd give them a overall 3/5. The engine was clean, etc, had no problems other than the turbo gasket going bad which I went back to the place and got a new one for free, which was cool, but the guy who runs the place is a ****ing asssssholllleeeee. Wow, he was just really condescending and a mega smartass. I went kind of hungover though, so maybe it was just me.

huggys13coupe
Car: 91 coupe

i got my first motor from jspecauto it was very clean and came with everything i needed. i just purchased a front clip from osaka they kept givin me the run around about a tracking number. they were always saying they needed to check there computers. eventually i got pretty fed up with there crap and threatend them with my attorney. they called me back the next day and said they didnt want any problems and offerd an alternative. they sent me a 180sx front clip with a silvia hood and motor. along with a silvia nose cut. i got a good deal but i will never order anything from them again.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

well i finally got my motor! lol not an SR20 like originally planned but a CA18DET. I bought it from Japanese Star Motor in Albany, NY. The guy i talked to was Chris and he was very helpful. made sure i got everything i need. Wiring harness is a "Little" hacked, but nothing i can't fix. shipping was great, Very fast and wrapped well. VERY VERY Clean Motor..just hope the bottom end is screwed up lol.

so far i'd give them a 4.5 out of 5 just because of the wiring being a little hacked, but other than that, i like that place alot lol

Oh and BTW i paid $1400 shipped for the CA18DET Motorset

redsx13
Car: 93 240sx 03 350z

Just a heads up,

NEVER BUY FROM JDM MOTOR CORP.

THEY SENT ME A BLOWN MOTOR!!!!

and then they told me that i blew it up. when i proved to them that it was never installed the car, they changed their story and told me that the motor was fine.(after i shipped it back to them!!!)

compression test results

cyl 1: around 110psi

cyl 4: around 110psi

cyl 3: around 70 psi

cyl 2: exactly 25 psi!!!!

they will screw you, they say they compression test every motor. they dont!

jlet1

how do you survive those milpitas piggys ahaha.

shift_SRDETuser
Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE

totaljdm out of canada is the shiznet if you can deal with customs.....

38k mile jdm s14 series 2 motor - burns no oil and boosts stronga/c compressor even worked for Ice cold air...

I give them 5 thumbs up....

240life
Car: 1993 Coupe - S13 SR20det blacktop

I went with Osaka because of my budget. I would give them a honest 3.5 out of 5. They sent me a super clean s13 sr, a brand new wiring harness, plus the original. There customer service sucks, i still am owed a sr maf. I hear they are hit or miss with there engines, and if it were not for owner error my engine would still be running strong.

mi240sx
Car: 1990 240 sx se

Heavy Throttle Motor & etc. freeFSM for S-13, 14, 15Service 5Web sight 5Ordered motor in Sept. didn't install till Dec, Jeff warranty from day I first cranked it not when I got it. Customer service, all the times I called Jeff with the stupid little questions he probably gets every second of the day, they have alot of patients. If I have a problem and think I need something, he gives advice and usually a cheaper resolution. If I lived closer, I'd spend my spare time helping these guys out just for the experience, their reliable and commited to their people. American Free Enterprize at it's finest.

mRodiek
Car: Stock Hatch

ive seen one or two people post in here about asap motors & jspecauto.combut has anyone had a bad experience with them? i know jspec is in canada and ive heard most canadian places that sell SR20's are ripoffs...

AnimeFreak80
Car: 1991 Nisan 240SX

I just became a new 240sx owner and I have been trying to find a import motor vendor in the San Antonio area. Are there any other good shops you can suggest for motors and and other performance upgrades???

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

also, my friend bought his RB25 from JR auto parts in California. i'd give them a 3.5 out of 5. sent video of motor running, included gauge cluster, and whole R33 front crossmember. We dont think they compression tested the motor though. 5 cylinders were good, but cylinder #4 was at 30psi! other than that, it runs and drives great, just not alot of power lol.

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to go AGAINST Jr Autoparts, I went there in person looking for an engine and the guy was a complete a**hole to me. Completely disrespected me, and had no courtesy. I had intentions to buy the engine and he wouldn't even do a compression test on it, wtf is up with that.

sjbsuperman1425
CA18DET

i just gave them a 3.5 of 5 because the motor started, it runs, gave alot of parts for the swap, and was a VERY fair price (2800 shipped?) But yea, i would never buy from them.

+2 for Japanese Star Motors!!

CaEric
Car: 91 Sr Pwred Coupe

Yeah i bought from them today ...and got my black top sr for 1650..with out ingintor or maf ....i think i got a good deal...they tried to give me a ****ty looking motor and i decide that i didn't want it so i picked a different one ..........so yeah iam kinda undecided if i would by from them again !

pauliedrft
Car: 91 240sx

well enjuk doesn't seem to sell them anymore heres the email they sent me ..

We dont sell motors to often anymore. The quality has gone down quite abit in the last few years. Let me know if you need anything else. thanks, Ken HarrisonEnjuku Racing Parts, LLCHours: 10:00-5:00, M-F, Eastern TimeVoice: 352-241-8399Fax: [email protected]://www.enjukuracing.com

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

Heavy Throttle is CLOSED as of October 1st 2008

If you didnt already know.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

TKOcrewSR wrote:I got my swap from Import Intelligence.com. Matt waldin is a good guy i had my swap done through him (wasnt to fimiliar with the wirnig i was a mitsu head b4) i was back ordered on an intercooler for three weeks which wasn't his fault but wen it came three days swap done and clean as can be. Price wasn't to bad little pricey but i had it for a year and a half and i'm not gonna lie i bought and built my car to beat the living s*** out of and it takes it very well. one of the cleanest swaps i have seen(not jus cuz its my car). I give him a 5.
How much did you pay for the swap?

Yesitisi

why?!?! until the very end of this thread, that's who i was going to go with!

jkashglkjhglkjsnfglkjnglkjang

ralphsdiorama
Car: 1991 240sx, 1998 240sx (RB project)

I see a lot of people saying don't purchase motors from canada but I ordered mine from Japan Motor Imports and the customer service was great. After purchasing my blacktop sr it only took 1 week for the motor to get to me. Two days later the motor was in and now 2 years later the only thing I have had to replace was an injector. I would recommend japan motor import.

Yesitisi

how often do you run your sr? i just called them... they're sending me some pics...

ralphsdiorama
Car: 1991 240sx, 1998 240sx (RB project)

The car is my daily driver and it made it from NY to CO without any issues.

masterdisaster
Car: 1991 JDM 180SX

I bought my 180sx from JDM Racing Motors in Montreal, Canada. And my friend bought and installed his Type-R there too. Both of us loved the experience and the pruducts.. FU/*/ing clean !

i shopped around for my car..we have tons of jdm shops here!!

i give Jdm Racing Motors a perfect scrore! 5 / 5 !!clean shop , suuuuuper nice people..they even got me lunch! lol

i went to other shops like Osaka and Tokyo motors.. man i left those places in a hurry!.. the cars were not a quality product.. they always had stuff wrong with them.. i even got into a fight with them!...

people from montreal don't buy stuff from osaka cuz they know it's bull****..a guy bought a R32 Skyline GTR there.. and it blew the next day!.. my friend got a 2JZ from them.. installed the motor within a week.. motor was bad.. went back to them and they're like.." ohh.. we don't know you ..get out of here" WTF!

being from Montreal .. i have tonnnnssss of horror stories

when i bought my car some guys returned some stuff ..and they accepted and gave them back the money!.. i was impressedthat's why i give Jdm Racing Motors the super thumbs up!

ohh and they have SICK cars too 180sx with r34 rb26dett swap done in Japan

Yesitisi

oh yeah, ralphs?

well that's good to hear...

the guy i spoke with was a real nice guy... sent me pics of a nice, clean sr... so i hope everything goes well..

david200095367
Car: 91 fastback 93 coupe w/s14 sr20det 98 s14 kouki

i bought my s14 sr20det from jhot-imports for 2500 shipped. engine has legit 85k miles. no 30-40km bs. engine came with everything needed to install even the damn charcoal canister. engine runs super strong. i would give them a 4.5/5 because custom service was kinda slow.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I bought my engine from JSA Motors http://www.jsamotors.com/ and I have to give them a 5. They sent me tracking info, I was able to track the motor to my dropoff point and it only took five days to get to me. It came with everything, MAF, ignitor chip, uncut harness, ECU, etc. and nothing was damaged. When I got around to swapping it in and connecting everything it fired up on the first turn of the key! I'm very pleased with them. As far as customer service goes, I never had any problems so I didn't even have to contact them for anything.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”