Where to buy door lock cylinder for S13?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
szogyenyi
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

Hello. I'm having a bit of a rough time finding door lock cylinders for my '92 240XS.I was lucky as i was able to buy a brand new one for the passenger side, but i'm still looking for a cylinder for the driver side. The SKU is H0601-61Y00 for this item, but as i see it is discontiuned. Weird, since i was able to find for the right side, but not for the Left side? Does anyone know where could i buy a cylinder for the driver side door as well? (I know most of you will probably tell me to go the nearest junkyard, but please consider i'm living in a kinda poor side of Hungary, there is no chance you can find used parts for a car like this in this region.)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Once parts are out of production and stock is exhausted, you're pretty much out of luck unless the aftermarket picks them up. That rarely happens with door hardware, so if the JY isn't an option for you, you'll almost certainly need to modify or fabricate something. One suggestion I'll offer is that left/right cylinders often differ only in the direction of the actuator arm, so take a look at the ones you have and see if the arm can be removed and relocated 180 degrees. If so, you can probably turn a passenger part into a drivers. If not, you may need to find a similar part that fits in the same outside hole (say, from a Sentra) and modify it.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Sentra lock parts are very close to 240SX parts. I modified a Sentra trunk lock for my 240SX trunk/lift back and it worked very well. The difference is usually in the activating arm which is easily swapped.

szogyenyi
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

Changing the arm direction would be a nice idea, i might try it on my recently changed cylinder. But i wouldn't gamle this thing on a brand new one, i'm not that big of an expert :D Anyway, thank you for the informations guys!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”