Wheel Alignment ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,car accident bad frame helppppp

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
JAJA1
Car: 2012 Nissan versa hatchback 4 speed auto

:biggrin: :inout:

Hi, all need sum help here on a bad frame 2012 Nissan versa hatchback.
Basically, it was rear-ended and the passenger side rear wheel is off. I've taken it to get an alignment and it helped somewhat. My question is can i buy some like a spacer or add on to help fix this issue? still pulls to one side a little even tho it's perfectly set back to factory alignment spec. :ohno: isn't worth getting the frame pulled or fixed

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Not if the frame is bent. Adding a spacer won't solve that problem.

JAJA1
Car: 2012 Nissan versa hatchback 4 speed auto

yeah the frame is bent i was hoping i could just tell the alignment shop to adjust the wheel 2+ to point out so its straight pretty sure if you use a lazor or rope u can see its off

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Then it is NOT in alignment and NOT in spec.

The people who align should know what it means, there are numbers and other things not mentioned in the list of specs that have to be on for hitting the only numbers they can read to work. For instance, the points in space at the rear for all parts to mount to need to be relatively the same side to side and up and down except for the fact they are mirror images of each other if the car was folded right down the middle.

The car CAN even be off due to frame bent but if those same points in space can be duplicated in other ways the parts would still be in the same relationships to work fine, and then the car would drive fine. Usually though, getting the major frame back in the same spot it was before is the easiest way to guarantee that.

It depends on HOW and WHERE the frame is bent as to how hard it is to fix that and whether it can be without pulling the frame back to the correct location points in space.

rickylyles
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa sedan S 5 speed

Have you tried the basics crossrotate tires if pull changes then more than likely you have tire pull caused by varied rolling resistance in your tires. If it does not change you have an issue with caster differences typically pull caused by incorrect caster is caused by the front wheels. Also amc 49 is correct if the frame aint straight alignment is not in spec. 1 other note good alignment guys are few and far between and are typically worth their weight in gold. Anyone can do an alignment but the tech that can manipulate the specs to keep alignment in tolerance while correcting drive ability issues well lets say uhh we are not worthy!

2019Versafan
Car: 2019 Versa S

My 2012 Versa sedan was rear ended on the left side of the rear bumper. I was very fortunate that the frame was not bent. It still did over $2,000 of damage. I took it to my local Nissan dealer and they referred me to their body shop that's all part of the same company. My car was repaired using OEM parts and it drove just fine after the accident. I would recommend at this point that you do the same with your hatchback. The insurance company of the driver who rear ended you is responsible for paying for the repairs that will put your car back in the condition it was in before it was hit. The Nissan dealership and it;s affiliated body shop will have all of the correct factory specs for your car.

Rockbri
Car: Nissan Qashqai

If you got in a car accident, you better talk with your insurance company before starting to do something, because they can pay your repairs, otherwise if you don't do that you are on your own. I had a small accident recently, so I know what I am talking about. By the way, in case you don't have an insurance, you can use the help of these guys accidenteayuda,they really helped with that accident that I had, and I am sure that they can help you too. Hope you will find my message useful. Good luck with repairing your car.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDITED

Return to “Versa General Chat”