Wheel Alignment ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,car accident bad frame helppppp

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
JAJA1
Car: 2012 Nissan versa hatchback 4 speed auto

Wheel Alignment ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,car accident bad frame helppppp

Postby JAJA1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 am

:biggrin: :inout:

Hi, all need sum help here on a bad frame 2012 Nissan versa hatchback.
Basically, it was rear-ended and the passenger side rear wheel is off. I've taken it to get an alignment and it helped somewhat. My question is can i buy some like a spacer or add on to help fix this issue? still pulls to one side a little even tho it's perfectly set back to factory alignment spec. :ohno: isn't worth getting the frame pulled or fixed

Rogue One
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Re: Wheel Alignment ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,car accident bad frame helppppp

Postby Rogue One » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 am

Not if the frame is bent. Adding a spacer won't solve that problem.

JAJA1
Car: 2012 Nissan versa hatchback 4 speed auto

Postby JAJA1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

yeah the frame is bent i was hoping i could just tell the alignment shop to adjust the wheel 2+ to point out so its straight pretty sure if you use a lazor or rope u can see its off

amc49
Car: '11 Versa
'17 Altima

Postby amc49 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Then it is NOT in alignment and NOT in spec.

The people who align should know what it means, there are numbers and other things not mentioned in the list of specs that have to be on for hitting the only numbers they can read to work. For instance, the points in space at the rear for all parts to mount to need to be relatively the same side to side and up and down except for the fact they are mirror images of each other if the car was folded right down the middle.

The car CAN even be off due to frame bent but if those same points in space can be duplicated in other ways the parts would still be in the same relationships to work fine, and then the car would drive fine. Usually though, getting the major frame back in the same spot it was before is the easiest way to guarantee that.

It depends on HOW and WHERE the frame is bent as to how hard it is to fix that and whether it can be without pulling the frame back to the correct location points in space.

Return to “Versa General Chat”