What is Your System Like?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
ayjay

Simmsled wrote:oh come on... lets hear it

ya i wanna know too! is it gonna be loud enough to compete with?

Woodmister

Elemental 15KFactory system w/ line converterFactory frontsTakin out the rear to add more bass in the cabin(still undecided) 400-800W ampCustom sub box

Havent started building, but check out my sign (Page 3)

tktrthomas1

custom box into the back of my hatch..with 2 10'' subssome expensive hi-fonics ampand a sony explod deck.. but i plan on getting that blue alpine deckand new speakers all around...

i dont really know crap about stereo systems.. but my sisters fiance owns a high end stereo/alarm shop and he gave me all my stereo stuff for free besides the deck. and its all high performance crap because all the cars that go in are all show cars or suvs... theres too much bass so i think im gonna take out the subs...

my technical knowledge of stereos and whatnot is terrible.. i dont really care about bass or whatever.. i prefer stock speakers more than systems... im not ignorant to systems .. i just dont care about them....

scruf1986
Car: the car

Ok Probably the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP. 3 JL Audio W6v2. In a custom fiberglass encloser that fits the contor of my trunk. This will serve as the amp rack also. The speakers are the tentative part. I want to put 6 1/2. But I don't think I have the mounting depth to do so. If I can I want to put 6 MB Quart 6 1/2 inch speakers. Four in the factory spots. Two on the back seat panals. Later I might get a dvd player with the motorized screen. I like those. You can role up somewhere playin music videos. That rocks. However if I have to stick with the 4x6 I don't think I can compete. But if I were really going to get into competition then I would probably do a lot more. Also I am probably going to dynomat my *** off. I will probably be putting a police scanner in there and the K40 undetectable. Probably do some sort of lighting in the back with some neons or LEDs. Probably an under body kit. But I have a question. Where would you put the neons so the bulb can't be seen. I want neon by i don't want it to be rice or anything like that. i want it to be really clean. Oh yeah I will also try to do something with some linear atuaters (did I spell that right). I think that would be cool. To have the amps and stuff come out of the trunk when you open it. Also have the trunk on the atuaters so I can push a button and then the trunk opens on its own. Im also going to get a viper or prestige alarm with remote start and all that jazzy stuff. I think that would make it pretty cool. But competitions would require a little more money. Not to mention the perfomance modifications and interior modicications that are going to be done. Yes i do belive that im in this for the long haul.

tktrthomas1

no matter how little of neon lights you have..... IT WILL ALWAYS BE RICE!!!!!!

fast_s13

i build and sell custom fiberglass encloser that fits the contor of the trunk. serve as the amp rack also. email me if anyone want's any info [email protected]

scruf1986

So you mean to be telling me that you have never ever seen a car that had an under body kit that looked nice. Also all the stuff in the list that i did above. Is tentitive. It is not set in stone. If you have suggestions please feel free to coment

tktrthomas1

i just dont like neon lights at all ... its very tacky IMO

Touchdown038
Car: Computers, cars, sports

On my system I have a Panasonic 50x4 head unit pushing two Rockford Fosgate 4x6's in the door and two Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's in the rear. Also have a 12" Infinity Perfect sub in a 1 cubic foot sealed box, being pushed by a 600-watt-RMS MTX Road Thunder amp. How's that :)

ayjay

scruf1986 wrote:So you mean to be telling me that you have never ever seen a car that had an under body kit that looked nice. Also all the stuff in the list that i did above. Is tentitive. It is not set in stone. If you have suggestions please feel free to coment

IMHO, don't get the pioneer head unit... for a little more, get the Alpine 9813, or try to get the older 7984 (can change color from green to orange)... or if you have enough money get the 9815..

the reason why i say this is because the alpine's have so many tuning options, like bass focus and time correction, that you can make almost any decent speakers/components sound dope... from what i've heard from people, time correction is the shiznit, and you're missing out if you don't have it.

and also, MB Quart is cool, but you should also check out Soundstream, which is around the same price range as the MB Quarts... Soundstream makes some nice components, and you can find em' for a decent price off ebay... i know for a fact that these components POUND, they are tough speakers, and really push high volume levels, even off deck power...

so with that said, BY ALL POSSIBLE MEANS MAKE YOUR DOORS FIT 6.5"s... and if you're gonna build a fibreglass sub enclosure, then making slightly larger speakers fit in your doors should be no problem :pface

ayjay

Touchdown038 wrote:On my system I have a Panasonic 50x4 head unit pushing two Rockford Fosgate 4x6's in the door and two Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's in the rear. Also have a 12" Infinity Perfect sub in a 1 cubic foot sealed box, being pushed by a 600-watt-RMS MTX Road Thunder amp. How's that :)

hey not bad man, although your sub could use a little more breathing room....

nothingwrong
Car: what eva

Sopdadope wrote:1. Nakimichi CD-45Z headunit (used to run an Eclipse 55430 deck)2. Alpine ERA-G320 indash 14-band Equalizer3. CDT Braxial 6.5" component speakers upfront4. Infinity Kappa 693.3 3-Way 6x9's rear-fill5. Hifonics Zeus Z400 150Wx2 (powers the CDT's)6. Hifonics Zeus Z200 100Wx2 (rearfill)7. Lanzar Vibe 1200D 1200W mono8. 15" Image Dynamics IDMAX subwoofer (used to have a pair of IDQ's in a custom frog-eye fiberglass enclosure) 9. Optima Yellow Top battery

IDMAX 15s arent out.

ayjay

Sopdadope wrote:whoa whoa....I'd replace rockford on your list and put Alpine. Those Type S 15's can boom, I should know. The Adire's Tempests can get pretty loud too. But...DD blows just about every 15" sub away in terms of SPL. I would've gotten one but I wanted something more a long the lines of an SPL/SQ compromise so I chose the IDMAX (give this thing 800watts and it'll make your ears bleed).

you guys forgot to mention a kickass SPL sub manufacturer that's CANADIAN!! yeah represent! :D

Beyond Audio makes some dope subs, and are pretty high up there in DB Drags. From what i've heard from many people on car audio forums who compete in SPL, is that the Beyond Audio 15" Inhuman does better than the DD 9515 in both SQ and SPL.

Beyond Audio

a 10" Inhuman with QUAD coils beats out a 15" L7, someone did a test to prove it. anyways the guy that builds them, plugs them into a wall socket to test them before he ships them out :eek: not sure how many watts that is but it's a lot!

here's a thread in the DB drag forums if you guys don't believe me: 10" sub with most excursion

the next sub that this guy is creating is claimed to be illegal for DB drags. the thing weighs somethin like 120 POUNDS!! it's supposed to blow everything outta the water... called PSI series but it's not released yet. i'm gonna buy a 12" Inhuman once my Orion HCCA 12" dies... powered properly i can hit mid-high 140's...

bruinbear714

My system consists of

a JVC headunitJVC cd changerCDT 6.5" Eurosport components frontsno rear speakers1 10" JL 10w6 sub in a seal enclosure running at 8 ohms

1 Tube Driver Blue amplifier1 custom 300W amplifier for my sub

A new eclipse 8053 headunit will be replacing the good ol jvc headunit and changer in the near future. :D

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

scruf,what kind of competition you lookin to maybe do.it doesnt take alot of money to compete.s.q. can be done with as little as a comp set and a sub,e.q..prossesor is nice to have.and a dedicated midbass if mids cant play to 40/50hz.make your own kicksi have friends online that show you how its done.amp themanyway you like.i would not compete is spl w a j30,wasnt ment to be.imho.it should be able to play down to15/18 hz.maybe even lower.ive seen alot of cars that hit 140s w/one sub.design is evrything.

scruf1986

I will get the Pioneer head unit. Because it has everything to build a system off of. i will get the premier version. Also my shop swears by Poineer because nothing ever breaks. And its just really good. Except the 8400. Thats the only one we have had problems with. Also I have a 240 not a j30. and im not sure which one I want to compete in. I was thinking spl but I also know that the 240 might not be able to do that also. But maybe with heavy amounts of dynomat. Dono haven't decided. Also the Infinity Reference 600 cs has the right mounting depth. And they are componets. But then again I could always extend the speaker beyond the factory grills. Im not worried about the back that will be easy. Along with the ones that I want to put in my back panal. The sub encloser will vary. I will have to do a lot of testing with which way I want the speakers to face. My boss has done some but I want to do more. Because the best place to put subs are in the rear part of the trunk facing the rear of the car. But I still wanna kinda use my trunk if I have to. Also my spare is under my carpet in a hole. So my box will have a hole so I can keep the spare in the hole. The whole will be where the seat comes down. I would take the seat down and it would be bracketed in the hole thats in the custom box. So yeah much testing needs to be done with various sound meters. I am also going to get a new alarm. Right now I have a basic prestige. But im going to get a prestige with the pager and the aux. button. Im going to connect that to some hydrolycs that will open the trunk. Then im my car I will have various toggle switches with steel or chrome covers. This will control the linear atuators that will move the amps. As well as the neon. Maybe nos it I get it and maybe a couple of other items. But I have to get my car painted first. Then I will worry about the sound system and exhaust and intake at the same time. Also im thinking about putting some speakers in my dash. I don't remember how much room I have because its been a while since I have taken it off. But yeah im thinking about that. Yeah this will not be a rice car. All of this stuff will be done very clean and neat. I am very anal with my car and all the cars I work on. I get yelled at by my friends because im so anal. For instance if there is no place to put 4 neon tubes under my car. I won't put the under body kit on. Also where do you guys suggest I put the neon. I am skeptical about where. Because the bulb can't shot because that would be tacky. I don't want a tacky car. This has to be done clean or not done at all.

ayjay

scruf1986 wrote: Because the best place to put subs are in the rear part of the trunk facing the rear of the car. But I still wanna kinda use my trunk if I have to.

hmm, i thought walls were the best type of enclosures since they reduce the amount of cabin space, which in turn increases SPL levels... either a wall or a sub that is facing straight up at the rear window is best, since the bass reflects off the window and towards the front of the car.

for SQ, maybe facing them rearwards is best, but for SPL, I don't think so...

Quote »Also my spare is under my carpet in a hole. So my box will have a hole so I can keep the spare in the hole. The whole will be where the seat comes down. I would take the seat down and it would be bracketed in the hole thats in the custom box. [/quote]

wow, that's the most "holes" i've ever seen out of all my internet browsing experiences :D

it's really impressive how complicated you make this sound, but from what i understand, you are going to put a hole in your sub box so that your spare tire can fit in it...... uhhh doesn't this completely ruin the purpose of a sub enclosure? unless you are using that hole as a port, but that would be a fuked up port :pface and if the seat is supposed to come down and seal the box off, then you might as well just make it so you can move the box to access the spare tire instead of making brackets for one whole side of the box to be removed...

my advice would be to buy some TireJack tire inflator shiznit, and stay off roads with nails, sharp pieces of glass, and spike strips :thinker

maxI30t
Car: videogames, cars, girls, and money

if you want a really loud sub...and you have the money to get one i suggest an IDMax.specs are 1200 RMS,1500 peak power...you can just look at the construction of the sub you know its loud...look on ebay they go for about the same price as an eclipse sub.

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

i just got 2 p6500's one for my 200sx and one for my daughters honda.thery worknicely.i still need to put hers in.looks like i get to explode another sony deck,what a year.i think i willput the pics on my site.:ylsuper,brahmas dont need mass air space,check it out.id put one 15 aGAINST MY 2 W6S ANY DAY.and still have s.q.lose the spare imho.

scruf1986

No the hole for the tire will not be part of the encloser. Subs are better with a certain amount of air space. The subs that I get will determine the amount of air space that the box gives them. So each speaker will have its own air space. I guess the hole that I was refering to would be better classified as a dent so to speak. The dent will not have anything to do with the subs air space. It will be a accecosory so to speak.

240sxCompton?
Car: Warcraft 3, Turbo, Hitting the Gym, reading these damn forums.

I got an s13 running a Kenwood Chameleon HU not sure what model but its 47w x 4. Also, got Boston Acoustics 6.5's in front and Boston 5x7's in back running off a 4 channel 300w Kicker Amp then for bass I have a 10' inch Kicker CompVR in a custom made box as per Kicker's specifications running off a 1200w Sony Class D 2 channel amp ( I know its overkill for one 10 inch but I got a great deal on it, plus I can upgrade in the future, I dont care what anyone says this amp kicks ***). All in all sounds pretty bad *** if I do say so myself. :)

Pennyfreak
Car: Basketball and cars

i've got a sony head unit, 4 6 1/4in. sony xplod speakers to replace factory, 2 10" xplod subs, and a 1000 watt sony amp in my saturn. it sounds real good. it's not in the right car though because the whole car rattles if it is very loud but if it was in a car not made of fiberglass then it would proably sound a lot better. whenever i get a 240 i plan to go with the a jl audio w7.

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Pioneer Deh-6000 2 6x5 Pioneer 3 ways2 6x9 Alpine 2 waysFactory dome tweeters "clarion"Alpine 200x1 Monoblock AmpJL Audio W3 sub

Former_240_s14

Here is a pic of my sub, I have set up a cool drift setup for my box.........so it doesen't slide around when I am drifting....just ask repo, or fred about it........lol

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

a drift setup...pshhh, nerd.:)-Dan

Former_240_s14

240sx2nr95 wrote:a drift setup...pshhh, nerd.:)-Dan

So what, I know I am a nerd, and proud of it!!!!!!!!

creophus
Car: 240SX SE & 200SX

I just got a new eclipse head unit and some Alpine Type S 6.5" speakers. Plan to drop them in this afternoon.

scruf1986

How is that nerdish. Sorry 240sx2nr95 but if your sub box slides around in the back of your trunk. Your the nerd. The terminals come lose, its changes the sounds, and if the actually sub hits something you could have no sub. So yeah. Nerd

Well Whoop De Do

How does making sure your sub is properly anchored make you socially inept? That's just being responsable...

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

an unanchored sub box that floats around in your trunk is really not a good thing... especially as scruff put it, if it is sliding around then your wires will be... actually, just remember 1 thing, SECURE YOUR BOX!!! its just the "proper" thing to do.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”