What is the best antivirus for Windows?

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

activate your pm's

Im on Revolution, TheBox, Demonoid and Racing underground

post edit: +1 for my 500th post since 2k3 at 1:30

KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

i activated them a while ago, dunno why they were disabled :gotme

im on revo, demonoid and xtreme wrestling torrents (for mma not wrestling) i'd love to find an invite to racing underground

open registration on xtremewrestlingtorrents right now..

jessicawilliams

Matter of opinion. I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy a spyware killer for years. I have recently added superantispyware. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans Hackers etc. I have just upgraded to AVG free 8.0 and all seems good so far. Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps...

PoorManQ45

LOL, I'm not sure if that is spam or not...

jessicawilliams

If you have no cash: Get AVG or Avast! Extrremely effective and FREE!
If you have some money to spend: Get Kaspersky Antivirus or NOD32. Powerful antiviruses.

Glenerin
Car: Infiniti 2007 G35x

Just my opinion.
Don't waste money buying Antivirus software.
There is so much free stuff out there and they all compete...hence making their software better.
I used AVG for a very long time until recently the latest release was causing my PC to slow down a bit..(So I think).
Now I am using Comodo. Its has both, Antivirus & Firewall and its free. No issues yet.

Bye.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”