What is needed to swap a RB into a 240sx? *FAQ*

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Tysan
Car: 1995 S14 Kouki 240sx/zilvia

Hi I'm knew to whole Nissan scene. If have a question. If I were to buy an entire RB25det front clip with engine, gauge cluster, driveshaft, differentia, pretty much the whole works, not saying this swap is easy or anything, but how much easier would be for me to do a swap into my s14? Is there any parts that would still be missing even if I have the entire front clip? If so, what part/parts would I still be needed? I will be having someone that is familiar with the s14 swap to take care of the job and would like to have all the required parts before hand. Don't wanna get blind sided if you know what I mean. Would highly appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

timmarr09
Car: 240sx

I'm doing an rb26 swap in my s13 what would be a good diff to work with both the chassis and motor?

DoctorVroom
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

Has anyone used the pre-made wiring harnesses available on various websites like enjuku racing? I wanted a bit of a stock appearance plus it sounds way easier with less confusion. But is there anything I'm going to need after that? Like the speed sensor sounds like an issue along with the tach which I may get a skyline one

Also has anyone got the rb20 and regretted not going for the 25? No way in hell am I going to strive for the 26 dropping $10000 right off the bat does not sound fun at all.

Also does anyone have a link to a decent site that has a bolt in fix for the RB20 crank collar issue??

Justin6963
Car: rb26 engine

Good day everyone,

I am justin and very new to this forum, as well as car mods.
This year i was suppose to find a datsun 280 body and fit an rb20/26. Unfortunately we are facing covid and nothing could be done at this moment. I decided to learn more sbd get as many information. Any sifu here have experience with this? Also could you kindly advise which would be a better option, rb20/26?

Hope to hear Some feedback soonest possible. Tq.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”